A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Patient has colicky abdominal pain. Doc tried to ellcit s/l heel strike sign? Help! - shortcake

Posted: Apr 03, 2012

Heel strike sign...sm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it's the heel of the palm or a closed fist to test for CVA tenderness...testing for renal disease.

thank you...now it rings a bell!! - shortcake

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Abdominal Pain/Blight's Sign?
Feb 01, 2012

Patient came in with abdominal cramping. s/l "Blight's sign" is negative. Thank you ...

Heel Pain
Oct 15, 2013

Does anyone else suffer from heel pain from constant use of the foot pedal? Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on a setup that might alleviate the heel pain, perhaps by someone getting your heel off the floor somehow. Staples sells a foot rest, but someone you'd have to attach the foot pedal to it. Not sure if that would work. ...

S/l Pain Is "colicky" Referring To OBGYN
Jan 08, 2010

He says the pain is s/l "cocky" or "colicky" at times, coming and going? ...

Abdominal Pain
Apr 25, 2011

"abdomen soft with 2 T's tenderness" ??? ...

A: Abdominal Pain, Intermittent, Somewhat ___(s/l Frib-u-lated).
Feb 10, 2010

TIA :-) ...

S/l: Epidosis Disease. UGI, Abdominal Pain, Delay In Emptying
Nov 23, 2009

Delayed emptying, abdominal pain, diverticula of duodenum.  Anyone? INDICATION:  Abdominal pain, possible "epidolsis disease." Thanks! ...

The Patient Has What S/l An Un-sy-fee Lower Abdominal Scar - SM
May 30, 2013

dr doing a laparoscopic cholecystectomy and cant use his normal incision site because the patient had an un-sy-fee lower abdominal incision so he has to put his ports in another place.  Non-ESL, very clear.  I am sure this is an abbreviation for something or some kind of nickname, but cant come up with anything.  Any ideas...TIA.  ...

Patient With Shoulder Pain
Sep 14, 2011

There is no evidence of significant rotator cuff tear and she has normal appearing s/l **slant sign**  of the shoulder on her radiographs, I believe that she would be a candidate for a total shoulder rather than a reverse total shoulder.   ...

Patient With Elbow Pain
Sep 21, 2011

Patient had ultrasound, s/l TFM, iontophoresis, exercises for range of motion, strength of the left shoulder, elbow and gripping as well as a trial of H-wave stimulation. ...

Patient With Low Back Pain
Feb 02, 2012

She has 5/5 strength throughout the bilateral lower extremities with hip flexion, knee flexion and extension, ankle dorsiflexion and plantar flexion as well as extension of the hallux. Sensation is intact to light touch throughout except over the anterior aspect of her shin. She has a symmetrical 2+ Achilles and patellar reflexes. She has no evidence of clonus. She has a questionable s/l ** men-i-ski  reflex. She has palpable DP and PT pulses. Thanks for any help!!  :) ...

Patient With L Wrist Pain
Mar 12, 2015

Patient has undergone previous fractures and underwent distal ulnar excision ____ procedure with pinning of the distal ulna to the radius. ...

Patient Has Leg Pain; They Want Him To Be In The S/l Dionne Study/Deon? Dee-awn
Oct 07, 2011

xx ...

Patient With Hip Pain, Post Op For Back Surgeries
Jan 17, 2013

"Pictures of hip were performed and brought in by the patient. They were read as normal, but on my review there is an ***** cyst "(sounds like asitaviner!) any ideas? ...

Patient With Back, Neck And Shoulder Pain. Negative
Mar 15, 2011

x ...

Help! Patient With Bilateral Shoulder Pain With Injections In The Past, Sm
Aug 21, 2012

In diagnosis, doc is saying Shoulder s/l row lay, follow orthopedics.  Thanks so much! ...

Shoulder Exam - Patient Has A Negative S/l Lamitz Sign
Feb 09, 2011

x ...

Patient With Back Pain And Gait Disorder Has *e Lack O Scoliosis.* Thanks. Nm
Jun 22, 2010

nm ...

ESL Dr States "Patient Refers Pain," But Clearly Means Reports. Leave It Or Change It?
Feb 20, 2015

For ESL doctors, account specifics direct me to change word if it is the wrong word, but leave it if its simply awkwardly stated. Dr states "Patient refers pain in upper abdomen," but clearly means reports pain. Do I leave it or change it? ...

Sent Heel??
Dec 14, 2011

The dr dictates "She had her wound care this morning consisting of S/L 'sent heel' wrap, padded and heel protector put in place."  I've tapped out my resources.  Can someone please tell me what he might be saying. ...

S/l Show Pad Strap And Heel Cups
Nov 21, 2012

My recommendation would be physical therapy.  In addition we have gotten him show pad straps and heel cups. ...

He Is Receiving S/l Maxer Of Silver To The Left Heel Ulcer.....
Sep 22, 2010

n/m ...

Pain Radiation In Chest Pain - Should Be Easy But I'm
Nov 08, 2010

I'm going completely blank on this one.  The patient entered the hospital for chest pain.  The doc states:  (blank sounds like gel, or jail)   He denies any current discomfort but states when it is present it is usually a mild to moderate degree of pressure about the chest.  He denies any radiation to the _____, arms, or back. ...

S/l Thickwood Pain Or Sicoid Pain Sm
Jan 08, 2010

He is referring to premenstrual pain?? ...

Closterpedic Pain, Posteralpedic Pain?
Jun 05, 2011

Transcribing rheumatology - s/l closterpedic pain, posturopedic pain.  Any ideas?  Patient recently had shingles, if that helps. ...

STRIKE
Nov 05, 2009

After 20 plus years in this field and now having to work 15 hour days to make a decent day's pay, I do not know about you, but I am fed up.  There is not a company out there that does in fact "value" our services.  If we can get 8/line we consider ourselves lucky.  I have seen the rates go down and believe that is due to the fact most companies outsource to other countries - whether they admit it or not - and was in fact told by a recent recruiter not to expect more than 8 ce ...

STRIKE!!!!! WE ALL NEED TO STRIKE
Nov 21, 2009

Go back to school - the economy is so rough on experienced MTs and we all need to band together and strike for three days just like people do with the gas prices.  Let them see how really important we are instead of paying us wages like a beginner transcriptionist. ...

STRIKE THREE
Jul 30, 2010

I have been on 100% QA for 3 MONTHS now.  Been working slower, taking my lumps, reading each (of my 300) client profiles, "thanking" my CCM and QA for their feedback, no no avail.  I can't live with this pay MQ gives.  I cannot make a decent check at 4cpl on 100% ASR.  I talked to my CCM, but really???  "There's nothing I can do until you're off QA, I understand how hard it is, I don't think it's right either..."   This cannot be LEG ...

What If We Went On Strike For A Day?
May 12, 2011

Really I am just being silly, but think about it!  What if we all just quit typing for one day?  What if the day we just don't type falls on an Indian Holiday?  HeHeHe then they would be screwed!  That's how I feel right now with the short changing I keep getting.  I am on a 95% ASR account with the world's worst dictators.  Oh well, just a thought.  I just thought I would share this after going over my line count and what I made today so far. *e ...

You All Need To Get Together And Strike.
Aug 16, 2013

You need to wake up the industry.  You all need to strike.  Need to pick a few days to not work at the same time.  You all need to call in sick.  You say you need your job??  I guarentee you this company is LAYING OFF MTs EVERYDAY!  There are some days which are in the hundred range.  You need to stand up and do something or you will soon GET THE CALL stating you are such a good employee, but......  we unfortunately have to let you go.  At least you ...

Going On A Strike....sm
Dec 04, 2014

We should all go on strike until they fix this pay plan or give us our old pay and leave it alone. Thousands of MLS on strike would have an impact. Even hundreds might. It's the only way to get heard or our point across. We are the "bottom feeders" but we are the ones doing all the hard work, have the schooling for it and produce in order for the higher guys to get their lovely bonuses and big checks. We make them money. We are the company basically. If so many are outraged then we need to ...