A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

PROMUS drug-eluting stent? - Confused

Posted: Apr 04, 2012

I've found this with three different variations and am hoping someone knows definitively which way is correct:

1. PROMUS.

2. PROmus.

3. Promus.

The first 2 are trademarked, but which spelling is correct?  The PROmus (TM) is the actual spelling used on the government clinical trial comparison site.

I use PROMUS as that is on the Boston Scientific site - on one job, but the other...

[ In Reply To ..]
I just capitalize because for their STYLE REASONS, they want Promus.

Similar Messages:

S/l Libertae-Adams Drug-eluting Stent
Nov 11, 2009

nm ...

Now Its A "drug Alluding Stent"
Jan 30, 2013

x ...

Cardiac Stent S/l "Darmidal" Stent
Jul 27, 2012

"Patient had s/l Dermidal/Damidol stent placed in the right coronary artery." I checked my Tessier book and it has nothing beginning with a "D" sound for this stent. Any ideas? This is an ESL doc so it could be anything.  Maybe it's Damniitall?! ...

JP Stent
Oct 28, 2009

Is this a Jackson-Pratt?  I can find no reference for a Jackson-Pratt stent, only drains and catheters.  I can't find a JP stent either. ...

SMA Stent
Nov 22, 2009

In a patient with mesenteric ischemia and small bowel obstruction with a previous SMA stent, would the SMA stand for "superior mesenteric artery" stent or "shape memory alloy" stent? I can find both on the Internet. Thanks. ...

S/l Nye Rr Stent?
Aug 16, 2010

It is dictation about a cath from 2000 where the pt had 3 s/l nye rrr stents placed.  This predates my time in cardio and I have never heard of this stent.    Thanks for your help. ...

CYSTO STENT?
Nov 10, 2009

Doc is saying "removal of cysto stent".  Is this 1 word, 2 words, hyphenated, slashed through, etc.  (Ex: cysto/stent, cysto-stent, cystostent, cysto stent.....)  Thanks everyone for helping me out. ...

Cardiac Stent
Jan 25, 2010

"PDA branch has a 90% s/l "pinch by stent" lesion, small caliber vessel? ...

S/l Cirque Stent
Apr 13, 2010

Cardiology consult:  s/l cirque stent.  Refers to Cypher stent earlier in report. ...

Double-J Stent
Apr 19, 2010

double-J stent, Princess (?)  4.8 x 26 cm stent    he's not saying "princess"....is he ? ...

S/l Cirafloid Stent?
Feb 03, 2011

Coronary disease, status post remote s/l "circa???" stent.  Thanks. ...

Prometheus Stent
Jul 10, 2011

Dictating - sounds like Prometheus drug covering stent.  I googled it but not found Prometheus, can somebody help out pls..   ...

Type Of Stent
Apr 25, 2013

sounds like Idef stent? ...

Xience Stent
Sep 15, 2013

Okay 2 ? 1) a cool lot is it kulot ??2) a cool lot 12 plus 12 mm xience V drug-eluting stent.   ...

Runaway Stent? -sm
Oct 10, 2013

Heavy ESL cardiac cath used twice: 1.  A Luge 0.14 182-centimeter wire; runaway left backup 3.75 Promus 2.5/20Ă¢€‘millimeter stent and Monorail 2.5 x 20 millimeter. 2.  Using a runaway left backup  3.75, the left main was intubated. ...

Anyone Heard Of A Drug That S/L *Absion Or Apsion*? It Is In The Drug List...
Mar 01, 2010

nm ...

S/l Vera Flex Stent
Oct 18, 2009

I am trying to google this, but having no luck so far.  Anyone know how it is spelled? 4.0/32 mm vera flex stent ...

S/l 12-mm Versi-stent Port
May 12, 2010

s/l 12-mm Versi-stent port was placed ...

Ciphered Revoluting Stent?
Sep 21, 2010

PSH includes stenting of left anterior descending coronary artery with a s/l ciphered revoluting stent... Thanks! ...

Ureteral Stent Surgery
Feb 07, 2011

The surgeon placed a ureteral stent. In Intraoperative Findings he says his right ureteral stent was placed with s/l "good chromapelvis, cleared chromabladder?" Any Ideas? Thanks. Moon  ...

Stent Size Question
Mar 17, 2011

I know we are to drop the zero after a decimal when doing lab values, i.e. "hemoglobin was seven point zero" is just written as "hemoglobin was 7", but do you drop the zero after sizes, i.e. "Taxus three point O by twelve mm drug-eluting stent" - is that written 3.0 x 12-mm or 3 x 12-mm?  I never can get this straight...any input would be helpful. Thank you!!! :) ...

Transvesicular Stent? Please See Message
May 23, 2011

A biopsy was taken of the bladder, and this failed to reveal any evidence of malignancy, only a fibromuscular tissue was noted.  There was an inability to do a transurethral or s/l transvesicular stent, and this did require a percutaneous nephrostomy for that process.   TIA ...

S/l Circle Flex Stent
Jul 30, 2011

Remote s/l (circle flex) stent. ...

Perouge/Perouje Stent?
Apr 16, 2012

I cannot find this stent anywhere.   It sounds like Perouge (accent on last e, like it's French) or Perouje.  Maybe Parouje?  Help!  Thanks in advance! ...

Urology Op - Stent Replacement
Jun 26, 2015

Need help on urology op report.  Both blanks below sound like "crawl".  Does this fit? Thanks......  A 0.03 guidewire was passed up the stent and allowed to _____ on the upper pole. The guidewire was again replaced and a 7-French x 24 double J was placed over the guidewire and allowed to _____ on the renal pelvix and bladder.      ...

Rigth Coronary Artery Stent--SM
Feb 02, 2011

Full sentence... "He had previous (S/L) PHILLIP right coronary artery stent in 2005 followed by a two-vessel bypass with vein graft to right posterior descending and another vein graft to the circumflex marginal." S/L "PHILLIP" stent, but it's not in my book and I can't verify it anywhere.  Has anyone come across this yet? ...

BOS Question On Cardiac Stent Size
Feb 21, 2011

I've been dinged on QA for typing a cardiac stent as "2.0 x 18 mm"; the note says "This should be 2 x 18 mm--drop the .0 if it's an even-numbered stent". This feels wrong, especially since the manufacturer's list shows it as "2.0". I'm on a new job and they're claiming to follow BOS, but they only have a copy of the 2nd Ed. (and I don't have access to a 3rd Ed.). I've been able to refute everything else that she erroneously flagged. Can someone verify which of ...

Post Cath/stent Lab Term
Mar 05, 2013

cholesterol level 211, triglycerides 158, (S/L)A-stil 25 and L-dil of 152.... Thanks for any help ...

Inlay Or Onlay Double-J Stent?
Apr 30, 2015

I can only find confirmation for a Bard Inlay Optima double-J stent. The doctor is clearly saying Onlay Optima stent. Is there an Onlay Optima stent? TIA. ...

Cath Stent S/l Parmashot, Pulmashot, Permashot??
Sep 22, 2010

nm ...