A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ortho/podiatry treatment - sm

Posted: Jun 03, 2014

Dictated:  Continue physical therapy.  They will try iontophoresis or phonophoresis.  He should continue with anti-inflammatory medication, stretching exercises, use of orthotics or inserts, and comfortable shoes.  Consider cortisone injection or E-wall treatment. [end of note]

He clearly says "E-wall" - I'm thinking maybe acronym ?

I do not have an exact diagnosis as this is a f/u note - just that it is the foot-heel-ankle region.  

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!

Extracorporeal shockwave treatment (ESWT) (?) - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Podiatry -- Treatment For Stress Fracture
May 29, 2015

PLAN: (s/l ally mats) with first ray cut-outs were given to the patient bilaterally.  Cannot find anything similar to ally mat thank you ...

Ortho - Podiatry
Sep 13, 2010

Does anyone have an edition of Stedman's Ortho book that was published recently.  I'm looking for a Kuda shaver.  Stedman's M&S Equipment 5th edition has it listed this way but my use of it is being questioned.  My "old" Stedman's Otho has a Cuda shaver but does not mention Kuda..... Any help you can provide to help me prove there are 2...a Kuda and a Cuda....is appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Ortho/podiatry Help Please
Dec 07, 2010

The procedure being performed is a MTP fusion with S/L "DVN or BBN" mix.   TIA ...

Ortho/Podiatry Word Help
Oct 22, 2010

I will spell it out phonetically and used in this sentence...performed Cotton and Evans procedures as well as s/l kutz-e-jeomy. Thanks for any help. ...

Podiatry-Help! Sm
May 04, 2011

AP and lateral stress views of both ankles confirmed a large Haglund’s deformity with s/l "insepsence" of the Achilles tendon ...

Podiatry OP
Feb 01, 2013

ok doing an Achilles tendon repair. i am completely stumped here, sure does s/l "crackhouse", but can find nothing, either Kreikhaus, crikhous, etc.  any ideas much appreciated.  tks We tried to reapproximate the tendon as best as possible. We did do a *------* type reapproximation of the tendon. We did get the tendon reapproximated. At this time, we elected to use a TissueMend graft.   ...

Podiatry
Sep 25, 2014

Doing a capsulotomy; MD says "PIPJ, which was released with capsulotomy and (J-stroke) maneuver.  Cannot fine anything regarding what S/L J-stroke maneuver? ...

Podiatry Question...please SM
Nov 17, 2009

Nonpalpable s/l "serial or sero tibial pulse"... ...

Podiatry Orthotics?
Jan 09, 2010

Sounds like (Korax) material ?? ...

MDscribing Podiatry
Jan 12, 2010

the testing as I probably sent in my resume a bit late.  I am happy that I did not take the so-called test and end up like some here, helping them with free transcription. I do hope that whoever MDscribing is, they will be banned from posting jobs here in the future.  I was suspicious when I did not see a website mentioned or a link to use when applying.  Never again will I apply for a job that does not provide some proof of identity.   Sorry for those of you who got taken ...

Hemostat Podiatry
Aug 04, 2010

Anyone heard of a hemostat used to avulse lateral nail border, s/l "English_____"? Thank you. ...

Podiatry Term
Aug 04, 2010

On a surgical report, the doctor states this is for debridement in the title.  The word sounds like halomamol (?) of fourth interspace, right foot.  She has somewhat of a speech impediment, not an ESL. I cannot find this anywhere.  Thanks in advance.    ...

Getting A Podiatry Education
Aug 21, 2010

I need help again (please)   "no evidence of any ulcer (sounds like quemous) to the foot". Patient is a diabetic but no signs of of ischemia.  Any ideas?    For some reaon I am learning a lot this week. ...

Podiatry Help - Bad Accent
Feb 20, 2011

Dr. is mumbling something horrible with a heavy South African accent. The patient is status post a corrective triple arthrodesis with bone graft for posttraumatic arthritis for a "s/l fill-ank-u-los" fracture. Thanks for looking!   I appreciate the help! ME ...

S/l One Rob Distractor - Podiatry
Jun 10, 2011

I do podiatry fairly often, but I have never heard this before.  Pt has a flat foot and an Evans calcaneal osteotomy is being done. A _____ distractor was inserted and opened to approximately 8 mm.   The s/l is "one rob distractor" or "Juan Rob" but I don't hear "rod." Any suggestions? ...

More Podiatry Exam
Aug 08, 2011

Another one.  Podiatry is just not my thing.  In neurologic section of lower extremity exam: S/l hypercrotic propriocethis sensation decreased bilateral extremities.  ...

Podiatry Surgery
Dec 04, 2011

The remaining portion of the tendon was S/L tubated and repaired with Vicryl as well. ...

My Son's Podiatry Doctor Said He Is Not Doing EMR
Nov 20, 2012

He asked me for my card, says he dictates onto mini cassettes and a lady picks them up and prints them on this post-it sticky paper. He asked me for my card and asked if I would be interested in covering for her if she were to quit, be on vacation of what have you. He says is not doing EMR, does not want to do it. This got me thinking, he is middle-aged, small 2-man practice, how many other small office need MT help and not going through nationals or doing EMR. I am getting a transcriber f ...

Podiatry Abbv - Need Help Please
Jan 15, 2013

Doc says the patient had a s/l TNCC (or maybe TINCC) fusion and tendon transferring.  I can't find it in my abbv book - also tried TMCC.  He says it twice and it sounds the same both times.  ...

Podiatry - Doctor Mentions Either TNC Or T&C
Oct 26, 2009

Podiatry Term, S/l Hemocautery
Jun 17, 2011

Okay, so he says "The tourniquet was then released and hemostasis regained, employing **hemocautery." I'm new at podiatry, but could not find a reference for hemocautery. I found chemocautery. Anyone? Thanks!!! ...

Help, 1st Report Of The Day And I'm Stumped. Podiatry
Apr 20, 2012

s/l sit trix  (associated with hard skin from a dorsal scar).  Thanks! ...

Company Advertising For Podiatry All The Time. Sm
Jan 11, 2010

Okay looks like there are 6 podiatrists in Iowa. So tempted to call and ask office manager if they know what is going on with their transcription... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=podiatrist,+iowa&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10 ...

Podiatry Help, Hammertoe Deformity With Painful Plantar HVK (hallux Valgus What?) Sm
Jan 14, 2010

I could be wrong on the *K* in the HVK but sounds pretty clear.  ...

Treatment
Feb 13, 2012

Patient is being treated for a brown recluse bite on calf.  Cultures were done that grew Bacteroides as well as Staphylococcus aureus.  She is on Bactrim and applying (s/l Draw Tech) to the wound. ...

S/l Des Something Modulating Treatment
Oct 19, 2009

She has never desired a des?? modulating treatment.   I can only pick out the des ...

Wound Treatment
Apr 26, 2010

Nonhealing ulcer of the left foot.  The patient will still be nonweightbearing to the foot.  In the front of the part, I advised the patient to use s/l alcosolatee. ...

Transcend QA Treatment
Jul 29, 2010

Does anyone else have any input on a QA position with Transcend out Georgia ?  Pay, hours, treatment, flexibility, etc. ...

Prostate Treatment
Aug 31, 2010

The patient has cancer of the prostate.  He is status post s/l Vansus placement and on antiandrogens.   Cannot find a references.  Help if you can please.  Thanks! ...

Treatment For Epistaxis
Dec 14, 2011

This is a treatment for epistaxis in 6 year old child. Sounds like Zyrtec??? ...