A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ortho experts please - sm

Posted: Feb 19, 2011

Is it dorsal sacral ligament or dorsosacral ligament?

Thank you.

dorsal - ortho

[ In Reply To ..]
I looked in my stedman's ortho book and found nothing for dorsal sacral but there is a dorsoradial all one word.

Similar Messages:

Hem/Onc Experts?
Jun 01, 2010

It seems everywhere I check on this I come up with differing opinions, so I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a rather hard-and-fast rule. Are stations and levels standardized now as roman or alpha?  For example, is it "station 11R" or "station XIR" lymph nodes?  To my non-expert eye, the "11R" is much more reader-friendly but I know things don't always work that way. Has anyone heard if there is a set way the levels and stations are to be transcribed? Any guidance, li ...

Okay, VR Experts Help Me Solve This One:)
Aug 31, 2010

I am open to VR and have done it before at my previous job with the same software, dictatphone, and do not find dictaphone bad to do VR at all. The problem is, with this job that I have now, I have been killing myself, I cannot get over 500 lines per day doing VR, and all the accounts are VR.  The reason I cannot get above 500 lines is for every job that is a letter, consult, DS, PT, memo, or review, I have to create a new visit ID, look up the physicians ID and location, create that visit ...

OP Experts - Help ASAP Please!
Mar 24, 2011

I'm drawing a blank on this for some reason and help would be ever so much appreciated! "The stab incisions were closed with (s/l emethol) and Steri-Strips..." TIA! ...

Bayscribe Experts, Need Help Please
May 18, 2012

Hello all...I'm back on the Bayscribe platform with a new account and haven't used it in ages. My question is, I know there is a Bayscribe page that lists all of the commands, such as accessing the word expander, but I can't seem to locate it. Does anyone have a link to this page so I can copy down the commands? TIA for anyone who can help!!! ...

Sepsis Experts
Jun 03, 2012

Sepsis.  Diagnosis is sepsis due to pneumonia.  The diagnoses are presented in this way: Sepsis due to pneumonia UTI due to E. Coli Now, if you code the sepsis, it will be sepsis unspecified because you do not have an organism documented for the pneumonia or the sepsis (they don't know)038.9, 99591 and 486.  If you go to code the UTI with E. Coli, there is an edit that excludes 041.4 with 038.9.  Do you put it in, or do you just leave the organism for the UTI ...

Radiology Experts - HELP!!
Jun 10, 2012

I am typing a report about a man who is having knee problems. S/l doc is say8ing "Radiographs, including CENTERIZED view of both knees does show ...   Does he mean CENTERED?  Am I missing something?  Help please. thanks. ...

Any Macro Experts?
May 14, 2013

So I have all these templates to pull into a single document all the time depending on what the patient is being seen for.  I also have to put the name, dob, etc, in a particular place in all of these templates.  Is there anyway to make a macro that will ask me the pertinent info up front and then when done it all just populates ready for me to just type?  This is in Word by the way. ...

A Question For HIPAA Experts, Please
Jan 26, 2012

I just had a rather unsettling experience and would like some feedback.  If I am wrong, please let me know that, too.  I had been to my M.D. for some diagnostic tests.  I was out this morning and when I returned, the doc's assistant had called and left the information--including my test names and  results--on the answering device for my phone.  We have household help  and I am not the only family member who lives here.  No one else was in my house at the t ...

Transcription Experts - Any Thoughts - Nm
Mar 27, 2012

nm ...

Shorthand Experts, Question Please
Apr 02, 2012

Ok, so I dived in and signed up for the free trial of Shorthand. My question is, is it better to go ahead and begin using it while working immediately, or would you recommend practicing with it in Word before instituting it into actual reports?  Also, is there any way to transfer what is stored in my AutoCorrect directly into Shorthand so I'm starting over from square 1? TIA for any helpful hints to get up to speed on this you can offer :-) ...

All Andrews Experts - Could Use Some Guidance. SM
Apr 22, 2012

First, would like to say to anyone considering Andrews, I have been in the program for 5 months now and STRONGLY recommend the school to any doubters.  I have been an MT for 15 years and decided it was time for a change.  After thoroughly evaluating the multiple pathways to coding (RHIT first, local community college 6-month course and Andrews), I made the Andrews choice and am very pleased with my decision.  Linda Andrews is very accessible, the instructors helpful and patient, a ...

Question For Skin Experts!
Oct 08, 2012

New client, need it to be perfect, cannot find anything on this!   She has scattered open comedones on her bilateral canthi representing Favery Rockashaw? or Fallvery Ruckashaw?   HELP! =) ...

Any Hand/wrist Experts?
Nov 20, 2012

Pt is status post radius and wrist fractures.  No Tinels, Finkelsteins, Phalens, or s/l donnatells of the wrist. ...

Question For ChartScript Experts. Is There Any Way To
Dec 29, 2014

When I open abbreviations to edit/add,  every time you close after adding one, then open it again to add another,  it seems to take forever.   Is there any way to speed this process up?   I have decent internet, nothing else is slow.  When I transcribe, the program itself goes well.   It's only the abbreviation section that's so poky.    Any ideas how to make this go faster,  the adding abbreviations?  ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

Wound Experts Needed ASAP Please
Mar 27, 2011

The sentence reads,"The assigned nurse this morning reports that he had been having dressing changes to the right foot b.i.d. prior to admission with a (s/l sandeel)." Any ideas on what this word might be?  TIA to anyone who can help! ...

Any Microsoft Word 2010 Experts Out There?
Feb 23, 2013

I just downloaded a free trial of a medical/pharmaceutical dictionary and when I went to import it into my custom dictionaries, it says it must be converted to a Unicode document before importing. I'm confused...Does anyone know what this means or how to "convert" it to Unicode?  I'm totally  new to MSO 2010, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ...

Feedback From QA "experts"
May 13, 2010

I'm fairly new to working with MQ, but is it just me, or do the feedbacks from QA come back very frequently contradicting the information from the client profiles and samples in the respository? I finally called up and asked what the hay was up.  I cited and was able to back up many of my complaints (year-old, changed to year old, than on another year old, changed to year-old; commas in then commas out,  surgeon name in, then surgeon's name out...) More often than not, the " ...

Help With This Ortho Please And Thanks!
Oct 22, 2009

this note is for pain of the right ankle - She has had multiple treatment modalities, including s/l "an o fa reeses", Lidoderm patch, acupuncture, Neurontin. and on physical examination, There are no skin changes over the ankle.  No erythema, warmth, or other sign of infection.  There is no s/l "al o din e um".  She does not have a focal area of tenderness to palpation. ...

Ortho Help?
Nov 03, 2009

A left lateral disc protrusion herniation of 7-8mm is noted effacing the surface of the thecal sac and extends into cauter recess of the left neuroforaminal stenosis. This might impinge the exiting dural sleeve of the left L4 nerve root.   Any ideas? THx. ...

Need Some Ortho Help, Please
Aug 13, 2010

Dictated: Structurally, I think the wrist is intact.  There is no s/l clunking.  s/l Lots of chip test is normal.  No point tenderness is noted.    Any ideas??? ...

Ortho Help Please (and Thanks!)
Aug 26, 2010

Pediatric case  "his radius fracture had some loss in reduction with _____(s/l apextal soluation"??)     ...

Can Anyone Please Help? Ortho
Sep 12, 2010

Does this make sense "stiff rank with anterior drawer testing".  If not, any suggestions what kind of rank couldsound that way"   As always,  my profound gratitiude.  ...

Ortho Help Please!
Nov 23, 2010

I need some opinions please.  When they are dictating about joint replacements is it well-seated or well-seeded.  I have always typed well-seated but I have had my QA to tell me different TWICE now, one states well-seated and the other states well-seeded.   TIA ...

Ortho X 2
Mar 11, 2011

...lateral partial faciectomy with patellar revision with or without the need forS/L tenalum augment.  I do not think there will be an issue with S/L bone stop, but I will have the S/L tenalum augment available. Thanks in advance. ...

Need Ortho Help . . .
Mar 17, 2011

Procedure is:  Biomet E1 active articulation dual-mobility total hip. Implant Utilized:  Biomet active articulation dual-mobility hip system with the vitamin E infused polyethylene ball that was 42-mm in diameter with an inner 28-mm _________ ball.   Sounds like "ko o chrome ball?"   Thanks for any help!   ...

Ortho Op
Apr 01, 2011

Help, on an arthoscopic repair (knee) he says "a latral patellar s/l porro site was created with an 11 blade...."  Is he saying Portal site?  Never had this guy before.  Please help, uggg. ...

Ortho - Please Help
Apr 27, 2011

I'm doing something sounds like at C5-6 and C6-7 there is reduced "volvulus" of arytenoid space due to mild disk degeneration.  I know its not volvulus - any suggestions? ...

Help Please - Ortho
Feb 23, 2012

Examination shows that her neck is tender over the lower? cervical spine anteriorly and laterally on the right and left.  Motion is good in the neck.  Isn't the neck in the upper cervical spine?  I am burnt out today.  Thanks for any help. ...

Ortho -
Aug 24, 2012

Patient with herniated disk and radicular symptoms.  Previous lumbar fusion, cortisone injections.  Recommendation for surgical procedure:  s/l PEAK or PEEK cages, plates, fusion.  Is anyone familiar with this?  My Stedman's Ortho book has a PEAK Fixation System, but I also find PEEK listed online as PEAK cage-and-plate.  Thanks! ...