A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Ortho/Podiatry word help - Mary

Posted: Oct 22, 2010

I will spell it out phonetically and used in this sentence...performed Cotton and Evans procedures as well as s/l kutz-e-jeomy. Thanks for any help.

Try these two sites - Backwards Typist

[ In Reply To ..]
Koutsogiannis?

http://www.podiatrytoday.com/article/1561

http://books.google.com/books?id=sG5uN6KaU-8C&pg=PA887&lpg=PA887&dq=koutsogiannis+procedure&source=bl&ots=atmyfTls4O&sig=RBaj6PRT0vANFF3WpOQtyUCuo50&hl=en&ei=9bLBTIOIGIOclgf9-fzMCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CA0Q6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=koutsogiannis%20procedure&f=false

Ortho/Podiatry word help - Mary

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks. Googled it every which way but the correct way. Got it in your first link.

Similar Messages:

Ortho - Podiatry
Sep 13, 2010

Does anyone have an edition of Stedman's Ortho book that was published recently.  I'm looking for a Kuda shaver.  Stedman's M&S Equipment 5th edition has it listed this way but my use of it is being questioned.  My "old" Stedman's Otho has a Cuda shaver but does not mention Kuda..... Any help you can provide to help me prove there are 2...a Kuda and a Cuda....is appreciated.  Thanks. ...

Ortho/podiatry Help Please
Dec 07, 2010

The procedure being performed is a MTP fusion with S/L "DVN or BBN" mix.   TIA ...

Ortho/podiatry Treatment
Jun 03, 2014

Dictated:  Continue physical therapy.  They will try iontophoresis or phonophoresis.  He should continue with anti-inflammatory medication, stretching exercises, use of orthotics or inserts, and comfortable shoes.  Consider cortisone injection or E-wall treatment. [end of note] He clearly says "E-wall" - I'm thinking maybe acronym ? I do not have an exact diagnosis as this is a f/u note - just that it is the foot-heel-ankle region.   Any suggestions apprecia ...

Ortho/PT Word Help
Mar 25, 2010

Patient presents to office with no gait deviations, equal weightbearing bilaterally and with a s/l **Blockley's** ankle brace. I have been searching supplier web sites for 30 minutes and have been unable to find this. TIA!!! ...

Ortho Word Help :-D
Dec 03, 2010

It is "day" sign?  I'm not finding this in my old Stedman's ortho book.. I really need to ask Santa for some newer books ...

Ortho Word Pls Help
Jun 26, 2012

Maximal tenderness is elicited with ___ (s/l piso) triquetral ballottement testing.   ...

Ortho Word - Breedamount?
Dec 23, 2009

Any ideas what this word might be?  breedamount  Arthroscopy of the right knee revealed the following problems. The patient was noted to have an acute hemarthrosis of the right knee. She was also found to have a partial tear of the anterior cruciate. An osteochondral fracture of the lateral femoral condyle was also present.  The patient did undergo a ("breedamount") of the right knee and also underwent and osteochondroplasty of the lateral femoral condyle. ...

Ortho Word - S/l Is-ke-more- Is And For Osteomyelitis
Jun 07, 2010

As dictated:  ...scheduled a debridement for ischial pressure wound and rotational flap closure.  At that time, he was noted to have very soft and atypical bone on the s/l is-ke-more- is and for osteomyelitis.  Help would be greatly appreciated!!!  THANKS!  ...

Ortho Procedure Word Help Please
Aug 31, 2011

The patient comes in with right shoulder pain.  Sentence is: He has had a previous (s/l "slights") resection of the distal end of the clavicle, probably from his cuff repair. I can't find anything that makes sense here. thanks!   ...

Ortho Word- Riffle?
Jan 10, 2012

The patient presents with a chief complaint of "riffle" to her right knee. The patient has degenerative arthritis of the knee and is getting a total knee replacement. Can't figure out what "riffle" could be. TIA! ...

Ortho Word ?myocapsular?
Aug 06, 2012

Decreased strength globally in the left upper extremity with myocapsular restrictions. has anyone heard of myocapsular being used in ortho? ...

Ortho/Surg Word Help PLZ
Nov 18, 2013

Patient is having a total knee revision and one of the components is a: "A +2 offset 5 degree stem "call it" with a 16.5 mm x 75 mm fluted stem and a 34 mm titanium metaphyseal sleeve." s/l callit or collett?? VR spit out call it. THANKS ...

Ortho Word - S/l PRC Performed On The Right Wrist
Jun 02, 2010

Patient had a carpal tunnel relase and doc dictates post-op instruction and then dictates the following:   He is to call us in the fall to have his s/l PRC performed on the right wrist.   Any clue what PRC could be?  He pretty clearly dictates PRC but I can't figure it out in regards to the rest of the sentence.  THANKS!!!  ...

Finger Injury - Ortho Word Help, Please
Jun 15, 2010

Pt has injured her right index finger and doctor dictates the following:  I feel that both s/l EC and EIP are intact today on my exam.  I cannot find reference to the EC and possibly the EIP.  THANKS for any and all help!!! ...

Ortho Or Rad Word S/l Juxiritic Femur
Mar 27, 2012

on a knee x-ray she has no fracture.  She has extensive sclerosis, s/l "juxiritic" femur?  Any idea?  Thank you in advance.  ...

Ortho Word S/l Eflux Injection
Aug 24, 2012

ankle injection s/l eflux injection. Series of 3. Does this sound right?  Followup today for a recent status post strap diffusion for a bunion correction ...

Ortho - Word In Xray Result
Jan 07, 2014

Dictated: X-ray of the right hip demonstrates solid union with additional remodeling. Fracture lines are no longer visible. _____ s/l "high-roy" position is unchanged.  Patient's diagnosis is status post ORIF of intertrochanteric fracture and subsequent subtrochanteric fracture. I suppose it could be "however,".... but it does not sound like all the other "howevers" that come out of his mouth.Any ideas ? thanks! ...

Ortho Word - S/l Fibrocemia Or Fibrous Senior Or Something
Jun 09, 2010

X-rays today show that there is still a faint line through the central portion of the DIP joint, suggesting a s/l fibrocemia or fibrous senior or something developing here.   TIA ...

Ortho Word Help Please ... ArthroCare S/L Vapor One Or Wand? NM
Mar 15, 2011

nm ...

Ortho Word - Possible Jarment (?) Of The Screw On The Medial Aspect Of Her Right Foot
May 03, 2011

Dictator says: "Possible jarment (?) of the screw on the medial aspect of her right foot." I heard "jarment" clear as day! ...

Ortho Word - At Which Point A Curvilinear Incision Was Extended Into The Base Of The HYPOTHENUM
May 14, 2014

Doc dictating carpal tunnel release OP note. He states "at which point a curvilinear incision was extended into the base of the HYPOTHENUM, volar aspect of right wrist." I cannot verify that "hypothenum" is actually a real word. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks. ...

Ortho Word - "apnea" And Pseudosubluxation That Were Reserved Initially
Apr 05, 2011

AP and Y views of the shoulder show that there is improved alignment with the humeral head as far as the deltoid s/l "apnea" and pseudosubluxation that were reserved initially. Thanks in advance felllow MTers! ...

Ortho Word - It Sounds, Of All Things, Like "fliving" With ...
Sep 28, 2011

I've been doing orthopedic transcription since 1976, and this particular dictator since about 1998, so it's very seldom that I get stumped. "X-rays of both shoulders show severe DJD, bone on bone, _____ the humeral head, with large osteophyte formation." It sounds, of all things, like "fliving" with a long I sound, rhymes with "flying." Anybody got a clue? Thanks.... ...

Ortho Word - Right Knee With Old "crincher" Rod In The Femu
Sep 20, 2013

Verbatim diagnosis: Advanced osteoarthrosis of right knee with old "crincher" rod in the femur. I tried "crincher" and maybe Crenshaw and got nothing. ...

Ortho Word "simple (something) Suppressor"
Feb 11, 2010

Patient has erythema and edema of right foot.  Doctor says he is going to try "simple (something) suppressor with anti-inflammatories".  The something s/l "allo meta thotic" but is garbled/slurred and all I can really be sure of is "thotic" at the end. ...

Ortho Word - Prepatella Bursitis Or Is It Always Prepatellar Bursitis?
Aug 29, 2011

Is the correct phrase ever prepatella bursitis or is it always prepatellar bursitis?  Doc is saying the first one.  ...

Podiatry-Help! Sm
May 04, 2011

AP and lateral stress views of both ankles confirmed a large Haglund’s deformity with s/l "insepsence" of the Achilles tendon ...

Podiatry OP
Feb 01, 2013

ok doing an Achilles tendon repair. i am completely stumped here, sure does s/l "crackhouse", but can find nothing, either Kreikhaus, crikhous, etc.  any ideas much appreciated.  tks We tried to reapproximate the tendon as best as possible. We did do a *------* type reapproximation of the tendon. We did get the tendon reapproximated. At this time, we elected to use a TissueMend graft.   ...

Podiatry
Sep 25, 2014

Doing a capsulotomy; MD says "PIPJ, which was released with capsulotomy and (J-stroke) maneuver.  Cannot fine anything regarding what S/L J-stroke maneuver? ...

Podiatry Question...please SM
Nov 17, 2009

Nonpalpable s/l "serial or sero tibial pulse"... ...