A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

On the right side of his chest, there is a "hemo port" scar. - bangle

Posted: Nov 18, 2010

?

port for chemotherapy - truffle

[ In Reply To ..]
chemo port

Chemo Port? - Hope to Help

[ In Reply To ..]
Could this be a chemo port for chemotherapy port?

Thanks guys :) - bangle

[ In Reply To ..]
:D

Similar Messages:

Hemoclipped Or Hemo-clipped Or Hemo Clipped Does Anyone Know Which Is The Correct Form? Thanks Nm
Mar 23, 2010

nm ...

S/l "pexied" The Port To The Chest Wall
Dec 09, 2010

Doing an operative report with a portacath placement into the chest...any help would be much appreciated!  Is "pexied" slang and is it the right word here? ...

S/l Hissan Port Or Husan Port
Nov 10, 2009

tia ...

Sounds Like Blake Side Or Plate Side Drainage
Jun 16, 2015

transcribing cardiology report. Patient has an LVAD and what sounds like "blake side" or "plate site" drainage treated with antibiotics. I am stumped. ...

Pal Port Another Name For Port-A-Cath?
Jan 25, 2010

I am doing an OP note.  The surgeon says the name of the surgery is a "Pal port."  In the description he says Port-A-Cath.  Never heard of a Pal port.  Is this right? ...

S/l He Has A Lazy S Scar Where His...
Oct 28, 2011

x ...

Scar Location
Jan 12, 2012

"Patient has a big scar in the right upper quadrant extending from zippy/ziffy sternum to the right flank from his prior gastrectomy." ...

Cleft Lip Scar
Jul 17, 2013

Surgeon preparing to revise cleft lip scar says . . .. He has a tethered scar on the right s/l filtra-crawl status post rt unilateral cleft lip repair. ...

Type Of Scar/acronym?
Dec 05, 2013

Dr. describing a previous lumpectomy and axillary scar as "midline s/l PALP scar, healing" could be an acronym.  Anybody every heard anything similar???  Maybe posterior antecubital lateral pectoralsi??????  Just a guess. Thanks in advance!     ...

No Burn, Scar, Or Depression Loss ??
Nov 25, 2009

nm ...

Treatment For Infected Umbilical Scar..sm
Nov 11, 2010

Patient has drainage from a C-section scar from 20 years ago.  Diagnosis is a likely bacterial infection versus fungus.  Treatment with s/l ofloxacin drops 2-3 times daily as well as clotrimazole solution in case of fungal element. Of course, where he says s/l ofloxacin, it is not clear whether or not he's saying the "O" however, the floxacin is clear.  Can anyone verify this?  Does it make sense to use ofloxacin drops in this way?  Or does anyone know of a floxac ...

The Patient Has What S/l An Un-sy-fee Lower Abdominal Scar - SM
May 30, 2013

dr doing a laparoscopic cholecystectomy and cant use his normal incision site because the patient had an un-sy-fee lower abdominal incision so he has to put his ports in another place.  Non-ESL, very clear.  I am sure this is an abbreviation for something or some kind of nickname, but cant come up with anything.  Any ideas...TIA.  ...

Port
May 22, 2010

He has a s/l neuro knee port on the left leg.   ...

Port Of Na-va-see-A (that Is What Is S/l)
Jan 27, 2011

port of na-va-see-A...this word was dicated in a shoulder surgery op report.  I cannot find it anywhere.  Please help! ...

511 Laparoscopic Port
Jan 29, 2010

511 port 5/11 port 5.11 port not sure which laparoscopic port ...

Inner Dime Port
May 10, 2011

bilateral lower quadrant ___ s/l inner dime/dyme ports were placed. Thanks for any help ...

Port-A-Cath
Jan 12, 2012

Okay, so I am used to using Port-A-Cath, but how do you all type it.  I have seen in many different ways (portacath, port-A-cath, etc.)? ...

Port-a-catheter
Jun 29, 2014

I have a radiologist saying port-a-catheter.  I have only ever used Port-A-Cath.  Can port-a-catheter be a generic term? ...

Sounds Like Pal Port?
Dec 21, 2014

Sounds like doctor is saying ''pal'' port for chemotherapy? Thanks for any help. ...

Surgery - Port
May 11, 2015

s/l abdominal "metal" port. Infected abdominal ____ port and removal of the abdominal ____ port. Thanks in advance. ...

S/l 12-mm Versi-stent Port
May 12, 2010

s/l 12-mm Versi-stent port was placed ...

Removal Of Subclavian Port
Aug 19, 2010

Hey All! I'm typing a report for a removal of a left subclavian subcutaneous tunneled venous access device and reservoir. The doctor reports the following as the findings: Intact left subclavian (___) and port.  It s/l he is says "singulum."  Does anyone have an idea of what it could be? Thank you so much. ...

S/l Powell Port Catheter
Jun 20, 2011

Postop chest x-ray showed mild pulmonary edema and interval placement of a right powell port(?) catheter. ...

Dictated As Suprailiac Port
May 02, 2014

Two 8-mm robotic trocars were placed in the lateral port, a 5-mm trocar on the right suprailiac port. (not able to document suprailiac port). ...

IT Installation And Com Port Errors
Apr 28, 2015

If a tech who is testing your foot pedal after installing the software tells you that your com ports are not working, ask if he installed the foot pedal.  ...

During Chemotherapy A Port-A-Cath Used For Multiple ?
Feb 03, 2011

The word sounds like theficants.   The sentence is - We discussed the importance of a Port-A-Cath if she were to proceed with chemotherapy since the regimen contains multiple ____.   S/l theficant, thuficant, deficants.  Found toxicants, but doesn't sound like that.   Any help is appreciated.   Thanks, mt ...

Spine Surgery - Spinalgia Port?
Apr 01, 2011

This is a lumbar interbody fusion; sounds like a minimally invasive technique and he mentions what sounds like a "spinalgia port".  Any ideas?   TIA! ...

Can A USB Port Just Stop Working? Have 2 On The Tower
Dec 15, 2011

Last night a friend stopped over and when she went to insert her jump drive into the USB port on front of the tower it did nothing.  I have 2 of them and same thing, did nothing.  It should have brought up her files.  Maybe that is why whenever I try wireless keyboard and mouse it does not seem to work either and have had to return them.  Does anybody know how to fix and or replace and how much it costs?  Thanks for any information.   ...

Foot Pedal And 9 Serial Port
Apr 27, 2014

I have a new Dell XPS 8700 computer, but it does not have a 9-pin serial port.  Is there such a thing as a converter so that I can make my old IN-DB9 foot pedal to work?   Thank you ...

Portals Or Port Holes After Endoscopic Surgery?
Oct 15, 2009

x ...