A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

OP experts - help ASAP please! - Brain Infarct

Posted: Mar 24, 2011

I'm drawing a blank on this for some reason and help would be ever so much appreciated!

"The stab incisions were closed with (s/l emethol) and Steri-Strips..."

TIA!

Mastisol - Kendra

[ In Reply To ..]
should be it.

Grazi, Kenda...That's what it is! - Appreciate your help

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks much!

You are very welcome. - Kendra

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Wound Experts Needed ASAP Please
Mar 27, 2011

The sentence reads,"The assigned nurse this morning reports that he had been having dressing changes to the right foot b.i.d. prior to admission with a (s/l sandeel)." Any ideas on what this word might be?  TIA to anyone who can help! ...

Hem/Onc Experts?
Jun 01, 2010

It seems everywhere I check on this I come up with differing opinions, so I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a rather hard-and-fast rule. Are stations and levels standardized now as roman or alpha?  For example, is it "station 11R" or "station XIR" lymph nodes?  To my non-expert eye, the "11R" is much more reader-friendly but I know things don't always work that way. Has anyone heard if there is a set way the levels and stations are to be transcribed? Any guidance, li ...

Okay, VR Experts Help Me Solve This One:)
Aug 31, 2010

I am open to VR and have done it before at my previous job with the same software, dictatphone, and do not find dictaphone bad to do VR at all. The problem is, with this job that I have now, I have been killing myself, I cannot get over 500 lines per day doing VR, and all the accounts are VR.  The reason I cannot get above 500 lines is for every job that is a letter, consult, DS, PT, memo, or review, I have to create a new visit ID, look up the physicians ID and location, create that visit ...

Ortho Experts Please
Feb 19, 2011

Is it dorsal sacral ligament or dorsosacral ligament? Thank you. ...

Bayscribe Experts, Need Help Please
May 18, 2012

Hello all...I'm back on the Bayscribe platform with a new account and haven't used it in ages. My question is, I know there is a Bayscribe page that lists all of the commands, such as accessing the word expander, but I can't seem to locate it. Does anyone have a link to this page so I can copy down the commands? TIA for anyone who can help!!! ...

Sepsis Experts
Jun 03, 2012

Sepsis.  Diagnosis is sepsis due to pneumonia.  The diagnoses are presented in this way: Sepsis due to pneumonia UTI due to E. Coli Now, if you code the sepsis, it will be sepsis unspecified because you do not have an organism documented for the pneumonia or the sepsis (they don't know)038.9, 99591 and 486.  If you go to code the UTI with E. Coli, there is an edit that excludes 041.4 with 038.9.  Do you put it in, or do you just leave the organism for the UTI ...

Radiology Experts - HELP!!
Jun 10, 2012

I am typing a report about a man who is having knee problems. S/l doc is say8ing "Radiographs, including CENTERIZED view of both knees does show ...   Does he mean CENTERED?  Am I missing something?  Help please. thanks. ...

Any Macro Experts?
May 14, 2013

So I have all these templates to pull into a single document all the time depending on what the patient is being seen for.  I also have to put the name, dob, etc, in a particular place in all of these templates.  Is there anyway to make a macro that will ask me the pertinent info up front and then when done it all just populates ready for me to just type?  This is in Word by the way. ...

A Question For HIPAA Experts, Please
Jan 26, 2012

I just had a rather unsettling experience and would like some feedback.  If I am wrong, please let me know that, too.  I had been to my M.D. for some diagnostic tests.  I was out this morning and when I returned, the doc's assistant had called and left the information--including my test names and  results--on the answering device for my phone.  We have household help  and I am not the only family member who lives here.  No one else was in my house at the t ...

Transcription Experts - Any Thoughts - Nm
Mar 27, 2012

nm ...

Shorthand Experts, Question Please
Apr 02, 2012

Ok, so I dived in and signed up for the free trial of Shorthand. My question is, is it better to go ahead and begin using it while working immediately, or would you recommend practicing with it in Word before instituting it into actual reports?  Also, is there any way to transfer what is stored in my AutoCorrect directly into Shorthand so I'm starting over from square 1? TIA for any helpful hints to get up to speed on this you can offer :-) ...

All Andrews Experts - Could Use Some Guidance. SM
Apr 22, 2012

First, would like to say to anyone considering Andrews, I have been in the program for 5 months now and STRONGLY recommend the school to any doubters.  I have been an MT for 15 years and decided it was time for a change.  After thoroughly evaluating the multiple pathways to coding (RHIT first, local community college 6-month course and Andrews), I made the Andrews choice and am very pleased with my decision.  Linda Andrews is very accessible, the instructors helpful and patient, a ...

Question For Skin Experts!
Oct 08, 2012

New client, need it to be perfect, cannot find anything on this!   She has scattered open comedones on her bilateral canthi representing Favery Rockashaw? or Fallvery Ruckashaw?   HELP! =) ...

Any Hand/wrist Experts?
Nov 20, 2012

Pt is status post radius and wrist fractures.  No Tinels, Finkelsteins, Phalens, or s/l donnatells of the wrist. ...

Question For ChartScript Experts. Is There Any Way To
Dec 29, 2014

When I open abbreviations to edit/add,  every time you close after adding one, then open it again to add another,  it seems to take forever.   Is there any way to speed this process up?   I have decent internet, nothing else is slow.  When I transcribe, the program itself goes well.   It's only the abbreviation section that's so poky.    Any ideas how to make this go faster,  the adding abbreviations?  ...

Do We Have Any Experts On Setting Macros In Word? Sm
Nov 13, 2010

My account has capped and bolded headings.  For some reason, VR NEVER bolds.  I guess it isn't capable of doing so!  Is there any way to set up a macro to bold like maybe all headings or bold words in caps or anything like that? Even bold from the : to the beginning of the line maybe? I can't seem to figure out how to set this up.  There used to be a webpage for help with macros and shortcuts but I don't recall what it was.  Does anyone know what I am tal ...

Any Microsoft Word 2010 Experts Out There?
Feb 23, 2013

I just downloaded a free trial of a medical/pharmaceutical dictionary and when I went to import it into my custom dictionaries, it says it must be converted to a Unicode document before importing. I'm confused...Does anyone know what this means or how to "convert" it to Unicode?  I'm totally  new to MSO 2010, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you! ...

DSS Help ASAP! Please?
Sep 09, 2010

I'm trying to test, and she sent me a DSS file attached to an e-mail.  I downloaded it to my computer, but now how on earth do I play it?  I downloaded a free DSS player, Olympus DSS Lite, but can't figure out how to get the file into it to play.  I've read the entire manual, lol, and just can't figure it out. Can someone tell me how to play this thing?  I've been an MT for 27 years, but never have dealt with DSS files.  I wrote back and asked t ...

Im Out Asap
Apr 06, 2014

Im going on into something else, but can't quite yet because of personal reasons.  As soon as the opportunity comes I am outta here.  I feel sorry for anyone really stuck. ...

ASAP Name Of Medication
Apr 27, 2011

s/l   bu-se-mide thanks in advance ...

ASAP Medication
Apr 27, 2011

s/l     ev-is-trolol ...

Dental - ASAP
May 26, 2011

He's talking about teeth extraction in procedure and says, "forceps extraction s/l DISA 140 x2.   Much appreciated ...

ABBREV HELP ASAP
Aug 11, 2011

"We will plan to see the patient back and repeat "SQI's", CBC and CMP at that time."  SQI???  Patient with Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia, CLL, SLL, multiple myeloma and lymphoma.  THANK YOU ALL!!! ...

Needing A Job Asap
Aug 28, 2011

I am desperately needing a job...pdq.  I gave notice and my landlord is telling me it was not enough (was supposed to give 30-day notice).  I told her it could not be helped, that I lost my job and had no money at all.  I had internet service with a company that disconnected me 2 months ago.  Needless to say, I need a job PDQ!  Thanks for any info on any good company hiring. ...

I Am Really Needing Some Help Asap
Nov 02, 2011

For the first time, I cannot pay my credit card bills.  I am hoping I can get some advice from someone here on what I should do.  I have no extra at all to pay on them  (there are 3 of them and they total $100 a month).  I have already contacted them to ask what they can do for me, but what do you all suggest? ...

Help ASAP Radiology!
Jan 16, 2012

1. (Computer radiation) is noted in the lungs. 2. Alveolar opacities noted throughout the lungs with pleural effusions and cardiac enlargement. Findings are suggestive of pulmonary edema. An (endotracheal) cannot be excluded within the left upper lobe. 1. (Computer radiation) is noted in the lungs. 2. Alveolar opacities noted throughout the lungs with pleural effusions and cardiac enlargement. Findings are suggestive of pulmonary edema. An (endotracheal) cannot be excluded within the left ...

Need Help In Teamwork Asap
Mar 04, 2012

can someone please tell me step by step, how do I request PTO in teamwork for a day in Feb. for this upcoming payroll?  I rarely do this and can't find the instructions. My CCM just keeps telling me I need to request it in teamwork but I can't remember how to.     ...

ASAP Transcription
Apr 22, 2013

Does anyone know anything about this company?  I believe they are located in Florida and I really cannot find anything in the archives. Thanks in advance   ...

ASAP/Medwrite
May 02, 2013

Just wondering about this company,.  I received an offer, via their contract and pay was finally mentioned on the last page of the contract, which was decent.  I was scheduled to have the software installed last week, and there were problems with thei installation  (really not sure if it was on my end or theirs), but accordng to the tech, it was problems on their end.  I was told to call back yesterday (Wednesday), to install the software.  I did and was informed the tec ...

New To Medwrite/ASAP
May 08, 2013

Has anyone recently started with this company and as frustrated as I am?  I feel like I am "begging for work," was told there was a "ton of work, " having to email support for jobs, tech support telling me that "jobs are available, only to find out even after refreshing the system that nothing is there, and getting an email from "P," telling me I need more training on the account, and also being told "there is a glitch in the system."  Yes, there are many glitches, including the line c ...