A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Nitroglycerin dosage - Linda

Posted: Aug 22, 2012

Dr. states nitroglycerin 1/150 sublingual p.r.n. chest pain, but the patient's chart reads nitroglycerin sublingual 0.4 p.r.n. Are these two interchangeable or are they different? Thanks!

0.4 = 1/150 grain - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks! - linda

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Nitroglycerin Dose Translation
Jul 28, 2011

looking for help with dosing verbage:  Dictated:  Nitro one one 50th sublingual.  googled and saw nitro 1 50 but would rather hear from an MT...  Any ideas how to transcribe this?  Thanks in advance for all help.  ...

Titrate Nitroglycerin Dose To Pink 3???
Nov 10, 2010

nm ...

How Many Of You Spell Nitro As Nitroglycerin Or Nitroglycerine? Nm
May 09, 2012

xxx ...

Dosage Help Please
Dec 02, 2010

AGGHH, I am tired tonight.  I am not sure if I am hearing Cardizem drip at 2 mg/hr or 10 mg/hr.  Any help would be appreciated.  I think I need an extra set of ears tonight.  ...

Dosage
Jan 11, 2013

My brain is not working this morning. The doctor dictates a clonidine dose as "one-tenth of a mg." How should I transcribe this? ...

Drug Dosage
Oct 22, 2009

For 4-numeral drug dosages, are commas used in the number?  As in:  1,500 mg vs 1500 mg.  I have the online BOS but have an awful time finding what I need.  (If anyone has any good search tips for that thing, that would be much appreciated as well.)    : ) ...

Prednisone Dosage?
Nov 12, 2009

AGGHH!  I cannot tell if the doctor is stating prednisone 15 or 50 mg four times a day?  Any ideas?  I have googled and I can find prednisone in both dosages.  ...

Help With Medication Dosage
Dec 12, 2009

I transcribed a report where the doctor was stating a dosage for IM toradol.  I could not make out if he was stating 50 or 60 mg.  When I googled I found both; so, I left a blank and put the report on hold.  The editor filled in the blank with 6 mg. Does this sound right to you?  ...

Drug Dosage Help
Dec 04, 2010

Doc dictates septra po q. mws or nws - any idea what mws or nws means?  Can't remember hearing that before.  ...

Medication Dosage Help
Apr 14, 2011

Hi all, it is late and I am getting tired.  I have a doctor stating the following, "He is placed on clindamycin 10 mg/kg per 5 mL every 12 hours. This is a 75 mg/5 mL solution."  The patient is a child.  I googled and can find bits and pieces of what I input, but nothing all together.  I guess what I am questioning is, do you think he meant to say the first 5 mL, or do you think he was stumbling over it?  Also, does the dosage seem correct to you?    ...

Med Dosage Abbreviation
Apr 19, 2011

I have one doc that keeps giving me an abbreviation.  She will say Coreg 6.25 mg po bid then says W.C.  Any ideas, anyone else every hear of this, my first time in 20 years.  Cannot find anything.  All input is appreciated :) ...

Medication Dosage Help Please
Apr 25, 2011

I am trying to verify a dosage for Cerebyx.  The doctor is clearly stating 1000 mg, but I cannot verify this, and it seems high to me.  It may be a loading dose as the patient had 3 witnessed seizures.  Has anyone heard of Cerebyx given at 1000 mg IV?  ...

Help With Dosage Format
Oct 14, 2011

Doctor dictates: Ambien 10 mg q 9 p.m. Just making sure how the 'q 9 pm' is transcribed. Is it like this: q.9 p.m. or q.9. p.m.?? Not sure....any help would be appreciated. I am new to the job and want to make sure i do this correctly.Thanks ...

Eye Drop Dosage
Aug 09, 2013

Doctor is giving medication list and says: "Erythomycin 0.5 s/l in-shrib-in to right eye." I'm assuming it is drops or ointment but don't know what in-shrib-in might mean and it's said very clearly. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Confirm Dosage B12
Aug 23, 2013

Want to confirm vitamin B12 dose.  Is it 100 mg, 1000 mcg?Thanks for your help. ...

Hippocrates And Antidepressant Dosage
Dec 20, 2009

The patient is doing okay from a depression standpoint and wishes to increase her Lexapro slightly.  She has been on 30 mg and the panel of this is above the recommended dose from Hippocrates.  In searching via Google it sounds like Hippocrates is a British reference guide?  I am not sure if the doctor is saying the "panel" of this is above or something else. Any feedback would be great!  ...

Dosage Depo-Medrol
Jun 07, 2010

For a spinal epidural injection, I think this doc is saying 80 mg Depo-Medrol with 9 mL Lidocaine.  The MT is putting 18 mg Depo-Medrol consistently.  I think that's incorrect.   ...

Med List. S/l You- Shin-on. No Dosage Given.
Dec 18, 2011

? ...

If Doc Omits The 'mg' Designation In A Dosage....
May 04, 2012

....is it acceptable to put it in? or leave it out as per the verbatim rule? As in "Augmentin 875 p.o."  ...

Way To Search For Drugs By Dosage Only?
Nov 11, 2013

Sometimes all you have is a list of medications and no context as to what they are for.  Is there a place to search by dosage when that is all you can make out?  I have one now that s/l edaquine 25 mg daily.  Thanks. ...

Proper Way To Type This Kind Of Drug Dosage?
Oct 22, 2010

.... 25 mg one-half daily, .... 5 mg one daily. Should I type it like that ^^ or should I use numbers? - 25 mg 1/2 daily, 5 mg 1 daily?? I know the BOS says to type out one number when there are 2 consecutive numbers, but these are technically not consecutive since they are seperated by mg. I can't find any official rules on what I should do here. any help appreciated. ...

If You Have A Verbatim Account And The Dictator Does Not Dictate Mg After A Drug Dosage Would You Ad
Sep 19, 2010

/ ...

Nitropaste, Nitroglycerin Paste, NitroPaste???
Oct 29, 2009

How do you transcribe when "nitropaste" is dictated? ...

"med" Used After Mg Dosage
Jun 05, 2014

The entire sentence is - She is also on oxycodone 30 mg 4 tablets a day for a total of 1140 mg med. (and when she says med she pronouces it clearly - she says 1140 mg em..ee..dee.) I've never heard of med and am stumped. ...