A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Name of a pulse taken on a 1 year old - gagirl

Posted: Mar 06, 2010

Doc states in PE: Temp 97.9, s/l annex pulse 115 and regular.

pt is a 1 year old female.

and neck pulse? - MTtoday

[ In Reply To ..]
X

pulse - distraction

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it apical pulse?

Similar Messages:

Pedal Pulse, Pedis Pulse. Same??
Jan 23, 2010

Is pedal pulse and pedis pulse basically the same or different? if different, what is the difference? ...

How Would You Type: For The Past Year-year And A Half?
Sep 09, 2011

.. ...

Pulse Ox?
Aug 17, 2010

How would I write "pulse ox" in this sentence?  "Still not interested in an overnight pulse ox, which I wanted to get last visit."  I've seen it every which way (pulse ox, Pulseox, PulseOx, etc.) online and I'm not entirely sure which one is correct, if any.   Thanks!! ...

Pulse Readings
Nov 10, 2009

Is it possible for a doctor to be saying "pulses +4/4 throughout" on a neurologic exam? Thanks. ...

Pulse DT And Regular??
Mar 01, 2011

I'm trying to figure out what this doctor means. He's dictating the vitals signs and says "pulse DT and regular." He's clearly saying "DT" (not "DP" or "PT"),  but I can't reference it anywhere.  Any help? Thanks :)     ...

Radial Pulse
Mar 14, 2011

Radial pulse is s/l "preddy." Lower extremities are without mottling.   Thanks for any help! ...

Pulse Survey
Aug 10, 2013

At the end of the survey, there is a section for comments.  Although I'm sure this survey will change/help nothing, being able to leave this comment did make me feel a little better:   By far, this is the worst company I've ever worked for in over 25 years. Punitive QA and FIESA errors counted as major, which are NOT. At Webmedx, I received an incentive for lines typed, NOT based on trumped down QA scores to keep me from obtaining it. Since Nuance entered my life ...

VR Omitting Pulse
Aug 23, 2014

Anyone else notice multiple SR reports in Vital Signs where the word "Pulse" or just the number is omitted even though it is spoken very clearly? ...

Confused...pulse Ox Question
Nov 14, 2009

I am confused. Doctor dictates "Pulse ox was 93 with 100% saturation." I thought pulse oximetry was the percent of oxygen saturation? ...

Pulse Rate Question - 178?
Aug 02, 2013

Is it possible for a patient to have a pulse rate of 178?  That seems really high and doesn't help when the doc is mumbling, but that is what she says. As a background, the pnt is 66 years old and is in for chest tightness and difficulty breathing and has had sob for 3 days. 178 seems high, but unsure if its okay   ...

2013 Pulse Survey - Sm
Aug 09, 2013

Oh, please! ...

Pt Has A "several Year" History Of A Slowly-growing Mass. Hyphen Several Year?
Jan 25, 2011

? ...

Year Old Versus Year-old
Aug 28, 2014

If no noun following such as female or male should this be hyphenated, i.e. if stated "A 10 year old has stomachache".... should it be "A 10-year-old has stomachache" ..... ...

"pulsox" - Is This An Acceptable Abbrev Of Pulse Oximetry?
Nov 30, 2011

My speech rec continually transcribes "pulse ox" as "pulsox".  I have never seen it this way before -- thoughts on whether this is an acceptable format (since abbrevs are allowed) or should be changed to "pulse ox".   Thanks! ...

How Would You Transcribe "the One Teens" (pulse Rate)?
May 11, 2012

"Pulse rapidly increases to the one teens." ...

Code Status And "pulse" Planning
Mar 31, 2014

he says code status, etc. and pulse planning.  what is pulse planning? ...

Pulse Dose Or Pulsed Dose
Dec 07, 2010

We will give the patient a pulse dose (or pulsed dose?) of 20 mg IM Lasix. Thank you in advance for your help. ...

New Year, New Me!
Jan 19, 2011

I am checking out my community college catalogue and getting excited at so many interesting courses.  I'm not looking for a long, drawn out process or degree, just some subjects that will be fun, creative and could also translate into making me more marketable.   As an MT, I lean more toward writing, computer, and maybe even something medical, as opposed to something like car mechanics or accounting.  Any ideas?     ...

40-ish Year Old - Sm
Feb 01, 2011

Doctor says: "He is a 40 ish year old white male in no acute distress." What is the right way to transcribe the 40 ish part?  I've seen a lot of different ways.  I was thinking "40-ish-year-old" but not completely sure.  TIA for any help! ...

New Year's Day
Jan 02, 2012

Hello fellow MQ MT's, Does anyone know if we get paid time and a half for New Year's Day?  I've looked up and down on MQ Central but can't find holiday pay listed anywhere.  Thanks!  ...

So Now A Year Or More Later With V/R..
Oct 03, 2012

DOES anyone actually double their lines ?      if not, shouldnt our pay go back up since their justification for halving our pay did not pan out?   Ha!   ...

With The New Year Need To Think About
Jan 01, 2013

I spent the morning reflecting and trying to figure out what to do and where this profession/company is heading.  In doing web searches found that MModal is opening up yet another center in Mysore, India and hoping to employee 500 employees.  I guess I am trying to figure out if it is indeed cheaper to employee Indians than US based employees after all the perks the Indians get like healthcare for the whole family including parents until they are 80, gym, free transportation, the cost ...

Is It Possible An 85 Year Could Have A
Mar 14, 2013

I had always thought pack year meant the number of years someone has been smoking.  ...

Just One More Year (hopefully)
Aug 17, 2013

My daughter will be driving and I can leave transcription/editing !   I just hope there is enough work to last that year.  I love working at home.  I've worked with some mean office women before who are backstabbing and downright evil, but at least I had security in my paycheck and paying my bills.  This job has been great as far as being home with my daughter when she gets out of school and being home when she is sick, but now she is older and when she starts drivi ...

Here's To The New Year -- More BS
Dec 30, 2013

Besides issues with a company that seems to have workflow problems and therefore tells the independent contractors to not work on their scheduled days because the work is low or on another day is sending e-mails that there is extra work and everyone needs to hustle , there is now a notice that there will be an adjustment in line rates.  Of note, this company does not pay the highest line rates to start with. They want a schedule and we're expected to be available AND must produce a min ...

New Year
Jan 01, 2014

Is today a Nuance holiday? ...

My Last Year With MM
Jan 24, 2014

I'm only staying this year for the insurance.  I'm pretty sure they won't be able to offer it so cheap next year. Then I'll be free to do whatever I want. ...

Do You Any MTs Making $50,000 Or More Per Year?
Nov 11, 2009

Does anyone know personally of any MT who makes $50,000 a year or more?  A college recruiter called me at home one night and asked what I did for a living and when I told her I did not make that kind of money she said "I was told most MTs make around $50,000 a year.  Only in my dreams.  LOL.  ...

2-year-old With Vertigo
Dec 30, 2009

this is on a little boy, 2-year-old, with vertigo, otolaryngology note.  He has fluid on the ear so they have scheduled surgery. After surgery, if his symptoms do persist, we may want to obtain an MRI and s/l "dem or even them" _____ test in the future.   thanks for any help!   ...

Happy New Year To Everyone! Nm
Dec 31, 2009

x ...