A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

NAME OF OPERATION - Ang

Posted: Sep 17, 2010

Isn't there an operation called a C-LIFF or something close to that?  The patient is having a laminectomy - can't find this in google MT .....?  Neurosurgeon dictating.

TLIF? - LK

[ In Reply To ..]
Could it be a transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion, or TLIF.

TLIF - ANG

[ In Reply To ..]
That is probably what I was thinking of - but he said it 3 times and it always sounded like he was saying "Cliff" - as 1 word,like the name - anyway, thanks for the help!

Similar Messages:

Zygomatic Arch Reduction Operation.
Aug 27, 2010

Dissection began and the facial artery was identified.  This was retracted from the field with a s/l "sons rake" and protected. ...

Sigmoid Colon Operation Help Needed
Nov 19, 2010

Doing my first op report regarding a sigmoid colon resection. Does anyone know a site that would describe the anatomy in this area? I am hearing things that sound like "mobilizing white line of Toltol"and I am pretty sure it is only going to get more complicated. Help! Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give. ...

Patient Brought To The Operation Room And ??
Aug 18, 2011

The following sentence was dictated: "Patient brought to the operating room and __ placed supine on the operating table." The __ word sounds like it starts with "sw", but I'm not able to make it out. It makes since for the word to be "was" because it fits the sentence, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?? Thanks! ...

Hand Operation, Sounds Like Modified *sujima* Stitch
Jul 12, 2011

XXX ...

Operation- S/l (Bend Them) Or (thin Thin) Bypass Graft
Feb 14, 2011

Operation called a bend them, or thin thin bypass graft? Any ideas? Thanks. ...