A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

MRI/MRCP acroynm - FIRM - je suis MT

Posted: May 17, 2011

Hi, all.  I can't find anything on this - please help! 

It's on an MRCP and the technique is given as, "

Axial and coronal two-dimensional fast imaging employing steady-state acquisition (FIESTA), coronal T2-weighted single-shot fast spin echo (SSFSE), axial FIRM. Three-dimensional MRCP with thick slab reconstruction." 

FIRMS - Hi There! (Moi aussi.)

[ In Reply To ..]
Fast Inversion Recovery for Myelin Suppression (magnetic resonance pulse sequence).

Many thanks -SM - je suis MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Or, how we sometimes say, Merci mille fois! You're a lifesaver:)

Similar Messages:

Review Of An MRCP
Aug 13, 2010

"Bilobed microsystem is noted by the pancreas with abduction of the body and tail immediately adjacent to normal pancreatic duct. " The sentences immediately preceeding this are "Common bile duct and intrahepatic ducts appear normal.  No obstructions are noted."  The sentence after it is "Early developing cystic neoplasm is considered likely; typically these are benign or nonaggressive."   So it would go:  "Common bile duct and intrahepatic ducts appear normal.  No ob ...

Moderate Firm Or Moderate-firm Or Moderate, Firm
May 18, 2011

The doctor dicates:  "Left thigh reveals moderate firm swelling."  Should there be hyphen, comma, or nothing between moderate and firm?  I've looked high and low for the answer.  Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know The Name Of The Law Firm That Represented MQ MTs A Few Years Ago?
Jun 15, 2011

I would like to ask their opinion on what my company is doing to me. ...

MRCP "fixed Lab"
Dec 28, 2010

MRCP imaging was also performed with (s/l) "fixed lab" and maximal intensity projection images. ...