A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lymph nodes were submitted for surgial pathology as per the s/l slide key description. TIA nm - jb

Posted: Dec 27, 2009

xx

That would be surgical - my bad. - jb

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

You probably have this right - sm - SallySue

[ In Reply To ..]
There are a bunch of microscope slides of lymph node tissue that have a diagnosis that goes along with them to which the Pathologists compare the surgical specimens and they call it the slide key.

Thank you. nm - jb

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Similar Messages:

Lymph Nodes Description
Feb 17, 2012

mediastinoscopy with dissection of level 4 right and left nodes. Doc says what s/l 'antithotic' and enlarged lymph nodes. These lymph nodes were hard and suspicious for metastatic disease. I cannot figure this out PLEASE HELP ...

S/l Acc Lymph Nodes
Nov 15, 2011

Can't find this abbrevation, but the dictator sounds like he is saying "shotty ACC lymph nodes." ...

Lymph Nodes
Jan 11, 2012

Medical term for small, pebbly-feeling lymph nodes?   ...

Dauphin Lymph Nodes
Dec 20, 2009

doc dictates dauphin lymph nodes (in the neck) and spells it but can't find reference to it anywhere on the net. ...

Are There Level XV Lymph Nodes?
Aug 17, 2010

:) ...

Shotty Or Shoddy Lymph Nodes
Oct 29, 2009

Is it shotty or shoddy lymph nodes? ...

Surgery For Excision Of Axillary Lymph Nodes
Jun 27, 2013

s/l Lower extremity "venadines" were placed? ...

Paraaortic Versus Periaortic Lymph Nodes In Cancer Treatment
Oct 21, 2009

This patient has prostate cancer, but somehow or other the paraaortic lymph nodes or periaortic lymph nodes are involved.  I have googled and found both spellings, but for the life of me I can't figure out which is correct.  "This showed a 1.6-cm retroperitoneal lymph node in the low pelvis anterior to the inferior vena cava suspicious for metastatic disease." There are so many lymph nodes in the body.  Even looking at an anatomy diagram, I can't figure this out. Help!! ...

Metastatic Disease In Level "5A Or VA" Lymph Nodes.
Aug 22, 2011

:) ...

"mannin" Lymph Nodes?
Dec 03, 2013

Breast examination: Left axilla with no s/l MANNIN lymph nodes.  TiA ...

Anyone Know How Long It Takes For Raise To Go Through Once Paperwork Is Submitted By CCM?
Nov 13, 2009

It has been 9 years since my one and only raise, so after hassling CCM for last few months, she finally got on the ball with it.  First, I had to have an audit, which was done on 10/01 and my score was 99.89, so she went ahead with the paper work.  She told me a couple of days ago via IM that the paperwork had been submitted (however she failed to say when).  Soooo, my question is....how long does it take for it to go through? ...

Is There A Way To Print Out The Submitted Request Window In Remedy?
Aug 02, 2013

It's tedious taking screen shots. ...

S/l Conner Slide Implantation
Nov 07, 2009

The next step of treatment would be that of conner slide implantation as related to the left knee. ...

Anyone Know How To Read The Replies That Slide Off The Right Edge Of The Board
Sep 15, 2010

Anyone know how to read the replies that slide off the right edge of the board?  I can see that there are more posts below, but I cannot grab it to open it. Am I the only one who has this problem?  Is it my computer?   What I mean is when there are replies to replies to replies to replies to replies, eventually the staggered replies move off the right side of my screen and I cannot click on them.   Thought maybe someone else has this problem and found a way to get around i ...

Possible Kyphosis Description
Aug 05, 2010

This doctor is describing a patient with kyphosis.  The sentence goes like this, "Tenderness of the back.  Flattened lower back, (s/l shoper's) 14 cm.  Occiput wall 10cm."  I've never heard of this before. ...

Speech Description
Aug 18, 2010

speech is slightly [s/l dysarsik] ...

Laminectomy Description
May 12, 2011

Help! Sounds like it begins with "sq" "squalolimbal" "square window" ......."a ___________laminectomy was cut"  ...

Description Of Hands
Oct 02, 2012

Doctor is dictating what sounds like "She is also having drawing of her hands." I am assuming the patient is doing something with her hands, wanted to make sure that the statement is accurate. Any help would be appreciated.   Thanks! ...

Coder II Job Description
Mar 14, 2014

Can anyone tell me if this is an entry level coder job or does it sound like they are looking for a more experienced person? I am taking the CPC-H exam June 6th. It states medical records coder II.  Qualifications: EDUCATION: Associate Degree in Health Information Technology preferred. Eligible for RHIT or coding certification. SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Codes all diagnosis and procedures on discharged inpatient, and outpatient charts using ICD-9 diagnosis codes, ICD-9 procedure c ...

Trouble W/ Musculoskeletal Description
Aug 04, 2010

In the musculoskeletal part of this physical exam, the dr. is dictating that the patient has "long-term deformities with a swan neck of the 2nd finger of the left hand a (s/l jacuze) appearance of the 3rd finger..."  I have no idea what this means or how to spell it to even begin to look it up.  Has anyone ever heard of anything like it? ...

Rash Description Or Position?
Oct 19, 2010

I'm having trouble deciphering this word b/c I'm not sure if I should be looking for a type of rash or if she's simply telling where it is..."Rash - s/l privacy left arm - lupus erythematosus versus dermatosis versus lupus-like reaction to a drug versus urticaria...Resolution of the erythematous raised lesions on the upper arm." That is all that is said about the rash.  Thanks for any help! ...

Ac Nodes?
Oct 13, 2009

Thanks. ...

Nodes??
Nov 10, 2010

TOGA nodes or maybe toganodes?? Pertaining to the nose and acute sinuitis.  It sounds like he says, "Nose:  Toganodes (or TOGA nodes) are red and swollen."  But I can't figure out if that is right or not. Any suggestions?? ...

S/l Diagnosed With Ductal Carcinoma In "slide Two"....
Feb 16, 2010

diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in "slide two" of the right breast, and is getting ready to undergo a lumpectomy.  Just wondering if this slide two is correct? Thanks, Abby ...

Basal Cell Carcinoma Description
Nov 05, 2009

a small, raised lesion that actually appears to be a basal cell carcinoma.  It is in the vermilion border.  It is associated with some dimpling in the center and has the rather typical pearly appearance with two injected vessels.- does anyone have a guess as to what sounds like "two injected vessels might be.?  This lesion is on her lip.  ...

Medical Transcription - Detailed Description
Dec 13, 2009

I am attempting to write my Hardship letter.  In a rough draft, I was told I need to explain what I do more clearly and why voice recognition and outsourcing has caused a loss of income as an MT over the last 2 years.  I am struggling with this and have to have it submitted, signed and dated by Friday.  Can anyone who is articulate help me please?  Here is what I started with.  I will take out company names and leave blanks.  The attorney who read it said people wil ...

Inlet Device - Brand Name Or Description?-sm
May 31, 2010

"All 12 mm port sites were closed with the inlet device, using figure‑of‑eight 0 Vicryl stitches. " It's resection of a colon tumor and anastomosis using the da Vinci.  I've heard this before but can't find a definite answer:  Is it the "Inlet (brand) device" or "inlet (descriptor) device"?  Thanks. ...

Ambulation Description - Significant List?
Nov 23, 2010

The doctor is explaining the pt's ambulation due to lumbosacral spondylosis for which he is doing radiofrequency ablation for.  It s/l he is saying "list." With ambulation she has definitely got a significant (list) to the left side.  She can heel-and-toe walk without much difficulty, and her balance appears to be quite good.  Thanks! ...

S/L Klokay's Nodes, See More
Oct 22, 2009

Extrmities:  Normal, except for some Klokay's nodes in her distal interphalangeal joints from osteoarthritis.  ...

Mental Nodes?
Jan 01, 2010

Patient has toothache.  On physical exam, HEENT - maxillary region has swelling and tenderness, no erythema noted, sl "no mental nodes."  Please help. ...