A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Low- to moderate-grade? - pwrgirl

Posted: Aug 26, 2011

Hi,

I have a question that is driving me bonkers trying to figure out.

I transcribe radiology, and the following phrase is used frequently:

"..... mild to moderate grade...." by one particular doctor.

Does anyone have any ideas about the proper way this phrase should be transcribed?

For example, mild- to moderate-grade; mild to moderate grade; mild-to-moderate-grade?

Thank you for any help!

mild-to-moderate grade. nm - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]

mild-to-moderate, and you should be asking on - word help board for future reference

[ In Reply To ..]
:)

Similar Messages:

MRI - This Did Show Some Mild To Moderate Changes With A Grade I
Jul 04, 2011

with s/l parafusion of the disc space.  TIA   ...

Grade 2 / Grade II Sprain Of The Ankle (also, Is Grade Capped) ?? Nm Thx
Mar 04, 2011

x ...

Disk Or Disc - Also....grade 2 Or Grade II
May 04, 2012

Two questions that I need clarification on please.  (1)  Is it disc or disk and also (2) is it grade 2 or grade II? Thanks.   ...

Grade 1 Or Grade I Diastolic Dysfunction
Jul 31, 2013

grade 1 or grade I diastolic dysfunction????? ...

Low-grade Lymphoma Or Low Grade?
Jan 25, 2010

this is driving me nuts! ...

11th Grade Or Grade?
Feb 24, 2010

She had finished the 11th grade. ...

Mild To Moderate
Oct 12, 2009

I am confused with the rule and cannot find an answer in the AAMT BOS 2. In the sentence, "The pain is mild to moderate" do you hyphenate this or not? It does not modify a noun immediately following it, but is there another rule or reason to hyphenate. I want to hyphenate it but am not sure.   ...

Moderate Firm Or Moderate-firm Or Moderate, Firm
May 18, 2011

The doctor dicates:  "Left thigh reveals moderate firm swelling."  Should there be hyphen, comma, or nothing between moderate and firm?  I've looked high and low for the answer.  Thanks! ...

In Moderate Malaise?
Sep 21, 2011

Pt who had shoulder surgery earlier in the day now comes in with vomiting x5 hours.  In the PE, doc says "Pt in moderate s/l muh-lez, but no acute distress." Could he be saying malaise or is there another term I am unfamiliar with? ...

How Would You Type This? '0' Moderate Leukocytes
May 25, 2010

doc states in lab: "zero moderate leukocytes." Would I type the word "zero" or the number "0" or type the number "0" as "0.0" ...

Mild To Moderate Htn Or Plaque Or Anything
Aug 28, 2013

Lately, I have been getting dinged for not putting hyphens in mild/moderate to moderate/severe plaque or moderate to severe htn or mild to moderate anything.  I don't understand why we would need hyphens.  In that case, shouldn't "anything to anything" need hyphens? ...

Hyphen - Moderate-to-severe Trabeculation
Oct 27, 2011

Which way should moderate to severe by typed in this context? 1.  moderate to severe trabeculation 2.  moderate-to-severe trabeculation I was just dinged by QA (would prefer not to say which one yet), and really need to know.  Also, I was always advised when typing a CBC, either all items should be expanded to thousands or none.   It must be consistent.   Is this also true? Thanks for the consult! ...

Hyphen - Mild-to-moderate Hearing Loss
Mar 31, 2010

Is mild-to-moderate hearing loss correct or should it be mild to moderate without the hyphens? ...

Transannular Patch With Moderate S/l Horn Regurgitation.
May 07, 2010

nm ...

Abdominal Ultraound, Fibroids, Moderate Right S/l A/miss/al Free Fluid?
Jan 08, 2013

Abdominal ultrasound notable for uterine fibroids, moderate right _________ free fluid, multiple gallstones within the gallbladder, with at least 8 measuring 6 to 7 mm with enlarged hepatic duct measuring 6.2 mm. I keep hearing a/miss/all but doc is very hard to understand.  Any thoughts?? ...

Hemorrhoid With "grade 4" Or "grade IV" Prolapse.
Oct 17, 2011

:) ...

Grade 4-5/6
Dec 11, 2009

is it grade 4-5/6 or grade 4 to 5 over 6?? ...

When To Use Grade II Or Grade 2
Sep 16, 2010

Can someone explain to me (or point me in the right direction of where to look) how do I know when to use IV versus 4.  I'm doing searches but confused as both are coming up.  Example - grade II (or 2) patellofemoral chondrosis, grade 4 (or IV) osteochondral defect.  My report is not looking uniform and unsure which to use anymore or where to look to make sure I'm correct. Thank you for any help. ...

Grade 1 Or Grade I
May 06, 2011

Which is correct? Grade 1 or Grade I (as in spondylosis, for example)? ...

S/l Tobacco Grade
Oct 19, 2009

Denies tobacco s/l grade. any ideas? ...

Help Please! Is It Grade 1 Or I MCL Sprain?
Jan 20, 2010

Thanks in advance! ...

FIGO Grade?
Mar 29, 2010

All of my searching brings up only FIGO staging, never grading.  I even checked the FIGO web site.  So, when a doctor dictates it as grade, should it be automatically changed to stage?  TIA ...

High Grade...
Apr 18, 2010

I'm having a TIA, I think.  This sentence is "....68-year-old woman with a high-grade leiomyosarcoma..."  Should there be a hyphen in "high grade" or not?  I've totally thought about this too much and I can't remember when you do and don't use the hyphen.  Please help!! Thanks! ...

Stage Or Grade
May 18, 2010

Anyone have a secret way of remembering when to use roman numerals or numbers for stage and grade?  ...

LA Grade A Esophagitis
Jan 04, 2011

Is there such a thing as 'LA Grade A esophagitis'?  Thanks! ...

Grade 1 Or I, Stage 1 Or I - Please Help
Apr 28, 2011

how to write grades and stages:  grade 1 or I, stage 1 or I - please help ...

Spondylolisthesis - Grade 2 Or II?
Jul 19, 2011

I can never remember this one. ...

Grade 1 Or I For Femur Changes
Aug 01, 2013

Is it Arabic or Roman numerals? ...

*** Grade I Spondylolisthesis
Jun 20, 2015

Hi, Please help with a word which sounds like..... myeding/moding/molding.... The sentence is as follows: The patient also has a ______ grade I spondylolisthesis at the L4-L5 level.   Thnx in advance, Laura H.   ...

How Would You Type "small To Moderate Sized Wound"
May 03, 2013

small-to-moderate-sized? small- to moderate-sized? small to moderate sized? ...