A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

La faber maneuver - adenny

Posted: May 10, 2012

Orthopedics doc keeps saying "la faber's maneuver" when he is doing hip exams.  I have found FABERE but no la faber.  I have asked his nurse to find out what he is talking about and he insists that it is "la faber" and is French.   *Is* there a la faber maneuver and I just can't find it?   

could doctor - be slurring words

[ In Reply To ..]
Saying "the fabere?" Figure 4, Patrick's Fabere, all the same maneuver.

that's what I thought but - adenny

[ In Reply To ..]
He is very insistent that it is a French word and not FABERE.

Laguere - JF

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe he is confusing fabere with Laguere which is a hip test. Google shows it as Laguerre but my ortho Stedman's spells it Laguere.

what about Lasegue maneuver? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

not sure - adenny

[ In Reply To ..]
The nurse asked him and he said it is either spelled "la faber" or "la fabre." If that's what he wants, that's what I type. :)

Similar Messages:

FABER, FABERE, Faber
Jan 26, 2015

Can anyone tell me which is correct? I have been typing it as FABER for years (acronym), but now have been told that it is faber according to 6th edition I believe of the Stedman's, which I do not have access to. Thanks! ...

FABER
Feb 12, 2010

OK- I had seriously thought I had heard everything until we had a doctor specifically say that the FABER test should be typed FAbEr test. We had another doctor state it should be Faber and she dug up 1 publication that had it that way. I have always typed it FABER or FABERE (depending on how the doctor pronounces the word). Anyway- my manager e-mailed both, Dr. "FAbEr" stated that is the way he's seen it in publications and Dr. "Faber" deferred to his judgment so now that is how we need to ...

Faber Test
Nov 19, 2009

I see this test typed all the time in ASR as Faber test but when I Googled it, it came up as all caps because it is an acronym. Can anyone kindly shed some light?  Thanks so much!     ...

Faber Or Fabere Sign?
Jul 08, 2013

I have seen this both ways at my current job, so I don't think it matters, but I'm curious as to which one is correct?  Is it Faber sign or fabere sign? ...

FABER And S/l- Fair - Tests Are Negative??
Nov 17, 2009

Sounds like fair for the second test??  TIA!! ...

S/l Seating Maneuver??
Jun 10, 2010

Hi, I am doing a report for a NovaSure endometrial ablation.  The doctor says "NovaSure device was inserted and applied.  s/l Seating maneuvers were done, and width of 2.8 cm was accomplished." Any help is appreciated! ...

Holping's Maneuver?
Oct 20, 2010

I know I've had this word before but for some reason, I cannot come up with it now.  This patient went to physical therapy for fibromyalgia, dizziness, and balance problems.  "It sounds like they did the s/l Holping's maneuver, and her dizziness did disappear." Can someone help me out, please? ...

S/l Javalay Maneuver
Feb 09, 2012

I'm doing a hydrocelectomy op note and dictates what s/l Javalay maneuver to turn the tunica vaginalis... ...

S/L Castle's Maneuver
Jul 28, 2014

Sentence:  She has pain on pelvic rocking and distraction with positive a positive ? Castle's ? maneuver and FABER exam. ...

S/l Hibs Caris Maneuver
Dec 05, 2012

orthopedics "negative s/l hibs caris maneuver"    positive patrick's test, has lower back pain ...

Negative S/l Bayle's Maneuver? See Msg
Jul 08, 2014

The patient is being seen with regard to rheumatoid arthritis/fibromyalgia.  "Wrists, elbows, and shoulders move well throughout without tenderness or synovitis.  Hips, knees, feet, and ankles move well throughout without tenderness or synovitis.  No sclerodactyly or dactylitis.  Negative _____ maneuver." It sounds like Bayle's maneuver, but I cannot document it.  TIA :) ...

S/l "HANGRED's Maneuver - No Accentuated P2 With ...
Mar 17, 2010

Says ... "no accentuated P2 on auscultation such as with s/l HANGRED's maneuver..." ...

George Cohen Maneuver? C-section
Oct 26, 2010

Dictator says, "The s/l George Cohen maneuver was performed to separate the rectus muscles and to dilate the fascia." ...

He Can Squat Fully, He Does Use A Little *gala’s* Maneuver?? Thanks. Nm
Nov 09, 2011

nm ...

Unable To Perform Squat *enterprise* Maneuver?? Thanx. Nm
Jan 11, 2012

nm ...

The Medial Pocket Was Then Created Using The _____(3:05) Maneuver ...s/l "roncel" For Knee
Feb 07, 2014

nm ...

Medial Pocket Was Created Using S/l "ronisel" Maneuver
Mar 28, 2014

nm ...