A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How to transcribe visual acuity. - E

Posted: Oct 27, 2010

How do I transcribe visual acuity when he says 20/20 "slash" 20/15 ? 

It looks confusing if I do 20/20/20/15 or 20/20 / 20/15. Should this just be 20/20 and 20/15? 

Thanks

I would definitely separate the two values. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
In 30 years I have never had them run together so either 20/20 and 20/15 or 20/20, 20/15.

Similar Messages:

How To Transcribe Visual Acuity Results?
Jan 11, 2010

Not sure how to type this out properly.  Dictated is: "Visual acuity is 20 15 minus 1 OD  20 40 minus 1 OS without correction." Now I know O D needs to be changed to right eye, but the numbered part has me hesitant.  Should it be 20/15 -1?  10-15, -1?   I appreciate any insight. THanks. ...

Visual Acuity
Mar 15, 2011

Can anyone tell me how you would transcribe a visual acuity of 20/30 minus 1?  TIA.  ...

Visual Acuity 2200, 2400 Is That 22/100 Or 20/200?
Mar 05, 2012

The whole sentance is - Visual acuity without correction is 2400 in the right eye 2200 in the left with correction 20/30 bilaterally.  Would that be 24/100 or 20/400 or just plain 2400. ...

Companies That Still Transcribe. Are There Any Left That Do Just Transcribe And Not Editing From Voi
Nov 04, 2012

x ...

Sparing Of The Visual Axis
Feb 23, 2011

It sounds like the doc is saying "There is symphony sparing of the visual axis" Any suggestions or is this correct? ...

MT Student With Visual Impairment
Sep 04, 2012

I am a new MT student that is visually impaired. I'm having a very difficult time with studies and keyboarding class. I'd like to find someone that has low or no vision that could tell me how they have gotten through classes and what devises and software systems they may have used. I feel like I'm out here doing this all by myself. Thanks, Brandi ...

Acuity/Mongoose
Oct 13, 2010

Can anyone give me info about Acuity/Mongoose, user friendly, reliable?  Thanks in advance. ...

Can't Log Into ACUITY Platform
Jun 25, 2012

I cannot log into Acuity to work and I cannot log into my webmail.  I was able to get into my mailbox last night?  Anyone know if I'm the *ding, ding, ding* "winner of the prize" today or if it is a widespread problem? Thanks all :) ...

Acuity Software
Feb 08, 2013

Is anyone out there using the Acuity software?  If so, is it running slow while typing in your report?  ...

Eyeballs, Acuity
Apr 24, 2015

"Visual acuity by 'laya line' testing"... Visual acuity by 'lay of line' testing? ...

Etransplus - Acuity Platform Has Been Hard For Me
Apr 12, 2010

The Acuity platform has been hard for me to make a decent line count on. I used to have no problem making over 1200 lines a day, but now I struggle to make 900. What can you do to improve your production? How long did it take to get up to speed?  I've been working in it for a while, and it seem to be taking me a lot longer to make a decent line count than the other programs I've worked with. I'm also using the Shorthand expander program and I'm afraid I might not be using i ...

ETransPlus - Only Use Meditech & Acuity/Mongoose, Nothing Else?
Mar 30, 2011

nm ...

I Highly Recommend This Free Anatomy Visual Class On Line.
Jun 19, 2010

all you have to do is sign up, its free.  It has visuals where you match the body part names to the skeleton, some powerpoint presentations, some videos and tons of quizzes.  I am taking anatomy and physiology this August on line at my college, and thought this was be a great self starter! heres the link for those who are interested.  I do highly recommend it   http://www.learnanatomyphysiology.com/ ...

Dictated: Visual Fields Equal Examiners On Confrontation Exam.
Feb 27, 2011

Visual fields equal examiners on confrontation exam. It seems like I'm missing something...even if it's just punctuation.  Just doesn't make sense to me :/  ...

Eye Surgery - S/l Tha Ridge An Encroaching Upon The Visual Axis Of The Left Side
Aug 12, 2011

Eye exam - pt has a large s/l tha ridge an encroaching upon the visual axis of the left side. This will be repaired by s/l bicuspid allister technique...?  ...

ASR Must Have "impaired Hearing Acuity" As Well.
Mar 23, 2010

nm ...

How To Transcribe This...
Dec 31, 2010

when the person says "cigarette smoking of a pack and a half a day", is that how I should type it or is there a specific way to do it? Thank you. ...

How Do You Transcribe 00
Jan 06, 2011

Have not come across this before - how do you transcribe "double aught", as I have, or 00.   Thanks for your thoughts/help!  ...

How To Transcribe 2 To 3 Out Of 10
Jun 03, 2011

When I went to school years ago I was taught to transcribe 2 to 3 out of 10 as 2/10 to 3/10.  How do you all transcribe that.  Is 2 to 3/10 correct or should it be 2/10 to 3/10 or 2-3/10? ...

Do MTs Transcribe...
Aug 13, 2011

Do MTs transcribe reports for coroners and forensic medical examiners? Anyone out there do this? ...

How Would You Transcribe This Please? SM
Jan 18, 2012

I am working on an account where I have had literally no training, on a program where I have had literally no training so I have no idea if it is verbatim or not. The doctor dictates "He was seen last by me in December of this year." Okay, it was actually December of last year or 2011, I would assume. Would you transcribe exactly what he says or would you change it to December 2011 or December of last year? Thanks so much!!! ...

Do You Transcribe P.s.?
Feb 22, 2012

If a doctor says p.s. at the end of his letter (as in, he is adding something),  is that transcribed simply as P.S. and beginning a new line? Thanks ...

How To Transcribe Due To #1
Apr 30, 2012

The doc is saying patient is off of all meds due to number 1 her pregnancy but also experiencing side effects.  This is a verbatim account.  Thanks for anyone's help! ...

Anything About Fox Transcribe?
Jun 19, 2012

Does anyone know anything about Fox Transcribe? Appreciate the info. Thanks! ...

Anyone Use Transcribe+?
Oct 18, 2012

Would you happen to know how to keep an entry in the built-in word expander from expanding in the event you are unable to delete it? ...

How Would You Transcribe This
Feb 16, 2013

"... irregular heartbeats lasting for a couple 3 hours."  The account is verbatim with changes to grammar. Do you think "a couple 3 hours" is fine how it is or should I change it? ...

Need Advice: How Would You Transcribe This:
Nov 04, 2009

Our platform doesn't allow the use of the & sign.  How would you transcribe:  We will monitor the patient's (ins & outs).   Would it be ins and outs or in's and out's ? ??? TIA!!! :) ...

Laptop To Transcribe Anyone??
May 27, 2010

I would love to switch over to a laptop to do my daily transcription.  Would like to know if any of you fellow MT"s have been using a laptop, what brand/#, and how well does it work for you?  I have 3 kids and need to be mobile!  Thanks! ...

How Would You Transcribe This Sentence?
Jul 23, 2010

"... she was transfused 2.5 units of packed red cells, [sig.] 25%. " This is the first time I've had a doctor say "sig." in his dictation.  We're not supposed to abbreviate anything, but the definition I found for it online was "these are my instructions". How would you type this?    ...

Companies That Transcribe Only, Any Out There?
Aug 30, 2010