A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Help with physical exam please (sm) - anon

Posted: Mar 01, 2011

Dictated .... Her affect is somewhat tense, a little anxious.  Speech is S/L lunar and lucid. 

TIA

"linear and lucid" (nm) - Hi there!

[ In Reply To ..]

Oh good grief! Talking a mental block from heck! (sm) - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I am so embarrassed, I knew this, he uses it all of the time but my mind was elsewhere apparently.

Thank you so much!

It happens to everyone. (sm) - Hi there!

[ In Reply To ..]
I caught myself typing "a cute renal failure" this morning. :-)

Help with physical exam - phancyphalanges

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe it is "fluent"???

Similar Messages:

Physical Exam...
Nov 03, 2009

Extremities: 3+ edema. s/l kidneys bilaterally. What could "kidneys" be?   ...

Physical Exam.
Mar 08, 2010

Cardiovascular system:  Heart sounds regular.  No murmurs.  No gallops heard.  s/l "percussed" respiratory sounds masking the heart sounds.  Abdomen soft. Patient with URI symptoms.  Does this make sense in this context? Thanks! ...

Physical Exam With Cbc
Jun 22, 2011

The dictation talks about a blood culture, then a chest x-ray, then says glucose 78 and then after that i cant tell it sounds like they say few in 8, cracken 0.4 then goes on to talk about the electrolytes, please any help will be appreciated.  ...

Physical Exam Help
Dec 07, 2010

I am typing a new doc that does not dictate the headings in his physical exam, however i am required to add them in.  I am horrible sometimes at determining the headings so i am hoping to get some input on this file.   A moderate hematoma persists over the proximal anterior tibial area which is somewhat fluctuant but not tender.  Lumbar flexion is 60 degrees.  Lumbar extension is 20 degrees.  Lateral flexion is decreased to the left as compared to the right.  The l ...

Physical Exam Help...
Oct 30, 2011

I'm having trouble with one part of this physical exam... NECK:  Supple.  Trachea is midline.  The patient has s/l "emanciation of aphasees" but no signs of skin breakdown. LUNGS:  Clear to auscultation... I feel like I know what he's trying to say, but I can't put my finger on it.  Thanks so much for your help! ...

Physical Exam
May 01, 2015

The patient is afebrile.  Af_____ is appropriate.  Heart rate 110.   any suggestions on what the blank could be?   TIA ...

Physical Exam Wording
Oct 31, 2009

Under physical exam of a patient with back pain the doctor states what sounds like "pain is reproduced by flexion, extension and "side orientator side" of his back. Has anyone heard of a phrase that sounds like that?  ...

Neuro Physical Exam - Thanks!
Jan 26, 2010

Disks sharp on funduscopy.  Cranial nerves 2-12 intact.  No signs of appendicular s/l "cori ditosis", dysmetria, ataxia.  Reflexes were 1/4 bilaterally with no asymmetries.    thanks.  ...

Physical Exam Section
Feb 10, 2010

S/l he is saying "scariotristic???? changes of the skin" ...

Physical Exam Headings...
Apr 19, 2010

I really have a problem under the Physical Examination trying to figure out what goes where when the headings aren't dictated.  For instance, in this dictation, she dictates lungs, describes her exam of them, then goes on to say, "Mass in the back and the left paraspinous area is measured..."  Would this stay under the lungs or would I make a new heading...if so, if "Back" an acceptable heading? Next, she talks about the pelvis...would this go under a heading with a "Pelvis" labe ...

Skin - Physical Exam
Aug 30, 2010

In the derm part of this physical exam, the patient has "s/l mediastatious changes in the lower legs."  This condition is not referred to anywhere else in the dictation.  The patient has diabetes, OA, fibromyalgia, and she is obese.   ...

ER Extremities Physical Exam
Jun 24, 2011

Never seen or heard before. New doc states in extremities portion...No clubbing, cyanosis or edema.  EDVLSWNL. At least that what is sounds like. Could possibly be EDVLSWNO but don't know what that would be either. Has anyone here heard of this? Thanks! ...

Physical Exam Question
Oct 31, 2010

This is an ESL doctor who is a very good dictator, but for some reason this part always trips me up.  She says what sounds like:  "Cardiovascular:  S1, S2, plus 0.  No murmurs, rubs, or gallops." It's the plus 0 part that gets me.  Any ideas?  ...

S/l Smyth On Physical Exam.
Nov 15, 2010

Pt has fibromyalgia and polyarticular joint pain. ...

Physical Exam. Extremities
Dec 01, 2010

Physical Exam:  Extremities (sounds like no tumor). What could it be? ...

Extremities Physical Exam
Jun 30, 2011

I have listened to this over and over and it sounds like this doctor is saying, "No clubbing, cyanosis, edema, or lesions.  Full range of motion s/l of/in both pulses."  Then he goes on to the neurologic part of the exam.  Can anyone help me with this, please? ...

What Part Of The PHYSICAL EXAM Does This Go Under?
Jan 04, 2012

Not sure where to put this.  Just started doing nursing home dictations and I need to know where "Patient is drinking thickened liquids." would go under the PHYSICAL EXAM.  I'm thinking Neuro, but not sure. ...

Orthopedic Physical Exam
Nov 24, 2013

Has anyone ever heard:  "Marxers and premarxers are negative"?  This is on physical exam.  Does not sound like marchers and premarchers, but definite x sound. Thanks! ...

H&P Report, Physical Exam Format Help?
Aug 05, 2010

I added all the subheadings. I am sure of the subheading Neurology and eyes. Any suggestions? Anything else look incorrect? I am still new to this. Thanks for the help. PHYSICAL EXAMINATION VITAL SIGNS: Blood pressure is 112/80, weight is 155 pounds, and height is 5 foot 6 inches. GENERAL APPEARANCE: Well-developed, well-nourished. No apparent distress. HEART: Regular rate and rhythm. No murmurs, carotids. No bruits bilaterally. NEUROLOGY: Orientation and language are normal. EYES: Fu ...

Nontoxic Means What In Physical Exam?
Nov 07, 2011

Hi, I'm a fairly new MT.  I come across "patient is nontoxic" often enough and I've come to think it means he is not sick/contagious.  Google searching does not yield much.  Maybe I'm missing something.  Report today had doctor describing patient who has a rash/contact dermatitis.  He begins to say he is "nontoxic" but then seems to swallow the end as if changing his mind.  My question is--Would a patient with contact dermatitis who is NOT sick in any ...

Capitalize Headings Under Physical Exam?
Aug 23, 2012

Hi, I am doing an Emergency Room report and looked up several samples of ER Reports.  Under PHYSICAL EXAMINATION, some of the sample on the Internet have (for instance) HEART and EXTREMITIES in all caps, but others transcribe it as "Heart" and "Extremities", not in all caps.  Which is preferred?  Thanks so much. ...

Physical Exam, Allergic Reaction
Nov 01, 2012

Patient developed a rash from Bactrim. Under physical exam the doc states....... SKIN: The skin shows a diffuse erythematous urticarial rash that blanches under pressure. There is no __________ sign. Blank sounds like NICKELOWSKI Thanks for any help! ...

Ortho Physical Question On Extremity Exam
Aug 18, 2010

Apprehension on patellar tracking with increased Q-angle, positive ____ and crepitus and positive grind test.    s/l chase sign or just chase    Thank you for any help. ...

Beginning A Physical Exam Sentence With A Number
May 03, 2012

I have transcribed: PELVIC EXAM: Fourteen to sixteen week size mobile uterus. Is it correct to have spelled out the numbers since it begins the sentence? ...

Physical Exam. "Head Showing S/l Hair A Timbo
Dec 01, 2009

. ...

Physical Exam: DTRs Equal 2+ 4 Upper And Lower Extremities.
Jun 20, 2010

Unsure how to correctly type the 2+ 4.  Does she mean 2+/4??  Thanks for helping. ...

Okay, Stupid Question Here ... Neural Deficit Or Neuro Deficit On Physical Exam
Jun 22, 2010

Thanks so much!! ...

Ques About Abbrv "p" Physical Exam
May 28, 2010

CHIEF COMPLAINT: Dyspnea. Then Dr. starts rattling the following off really quickly... For details on his (??personal??) past medical history please see dictates from p physical exam On admission please see dictates from p laboratory, please see dictates (H & P) . Does p stand for past or previous? Does this sentence look correct?   Thx in advance. ...

In Cardiac Physical Exam - No "cupping"?
Jul 23, 2013

New one on me ...

"flank" On Physical Exam
Jan 21, 2010

I'm sure this sounds ignorant and/or trivial, but I always struggle with it.  Under what header do y'all include the flank on a physical exam?  Abdomen?  Back?  Something completely different?  Thanks for any/all help.  ...