A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Head exam - Claire

Posted: Oct 03, 2010

Face was symmetric without any s/l mid lag or droop.

lid lag (eyelid) - n/m

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

thanks! nm - Claire

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

Neuro Exam - Head-to-shin Movements?
Jun 30, 2010

She very clearly dictates:  He was also unable to perform finger-to-nose and had difficulty performing "head-to-shin" movements. That can't be right, can it?  I would think it would be difficult for most people to perform "head-to-shin" movements.  Ouch! ...

Physical Exam. "Head Showing S/l Hair A Timbo
Dec 01, 2009

. ...

Head And Neck Exam: S/l "TML", Thyroid Not Enlarged
May 22, 2011

The dictator is Australian and I can't document this abbreviation in the context of a physical exam.  Thanks in advance for help. ...

Mit Or M-head Or ....
Oct 15, 2009

Under the indications for procedure heading, the doctor says " _____ is a 26-year-old female..." It almost sounds like Mit or Med or Mhead....any ideas? At first I thought maybe "Man" but its a female. ...

HEAD UP NJA
Jul 21, 2010

I read EVERYDAY about ppl on this board having no jobs at the Q, not being able to contact their CCM or RTL to get work.  I got a phone call (not an e-mail) ASKING if I could take on another couple of accounts because "the people assigned to these accounts apparently can't get their TAT up"  The sugar on top is this is suppose to be a "straight type facility"...  WOW!  I took the accounts, I mean, I've been working steady for about 3 - 4 months, FT hours, nary a NJ ...

CT Head
Oct 05, 2010

CT of the brain showed no acute findings.  Old injury of left s/l laminapapy worsia and sinus disease. ...

MRI Of The Head
Mar 26, 2012

MRI of the head demonstrated acute subdural hematoma extending from the left fronto-temporal region to left parietal occipital region measuring 4-5 mm ???(s/l Leis or Weiss) diameter ...

Going Over Sup's Head
May 09, 2013

Has anyone used the second tier of contact regarding no answers from supervisor?  If so, any ramifications? ...

Just A Head's Up ...
Nov 11, 2013

I'm an MME, and in editing reports these past few weeks I'm noticing a huge number of gender mix ups in the reports I'm seeing.  In some reports, it almost seems to toggle back and forth from he/she/him/her, etc with absolutely no consistency.  It seems to be an ASR issue.  I'm not sure why it's happening but what I AM noticing is that a lot of MTs aren't catching it.  If I am the MME for your report, I will always correct them while I'm fil ...

All I Can Do Is Shake My Head .... (SM)
Dec 28, 2009

I found an ad this morning that I was so excited about, part-time MT in 2 specialties that I love, started my email to the company when I went back to look at the job ad and it states UP TO 0.7 per line.  Immediately I deleted the email, shook my head and went on looking.  What amazes me even more is that these people/companies who offer these horrible wages generally act like they are doing you a favor!!  Sad, so very sad .... ...

From A Head Ct Dictation
Mar 09, 2010

(Philpha)contiguous (cyamal) images were obtained ... Thank you.   ...

My Head Is Swirling!
Mar 29, 2010

So much going on!  Got an e-mail Friday that all jobs, regardless of how many blanks it has in is, is going directly to the customer.  Got another e-mail about Benchmark, and I have no clue what that is all about.  Not certified, don't want to be certified, so if it has anything to do with that - and we HAVE to from what I am gathering.  Then they train me for full DQS accounts, and there is never any work on those accounts.  My primary was supposed to go SR in Janu ...

Neurology Head CT Help Please
Apr 06, 2010

Head CT findings show ipsilateral s/l ex-wy-i-co distension of the lateral ventricle ...

What Are The Best Head Phones
Apr 30, 2010

What is the best head phones.  I have tried so many, but I know there has to be a better set. I currently use Logitech. ...

During A CT Scan Of The Head
Jun 01, 2010

Additional images were obtained using ___ techniques.   s/l "foamy endo"   anyone? Thanks! ...

CT Head Question
Jun 24, 2010

The doc says, "The patient's noncontrast CT head was negative for shift or mast."   Is mast correct?  I can't hear it well and can't seem to confirm that it is right or wrong.  Thanks! ...

36mm +0 Head...
Sep 18, 2010

The doctor is dictation that he used a "36mm +0 head" ... in my report is it proper to type it as "+0" or do I type it out as "plus-0"?? ...

No Head And Apathy
Sep 24, 2011

moving this to Comedy Stop ...

Spinning Head From Too Many CPs
Dec 07, 2013

I saw a falling star and made a wish, One Basic Client Profile for all accounts.  Please no more, 1 space after period versus 2 spaces after periods, long form dates versus short form dates, patient names versus no patient names, mixed case versus all caps in review of systems and physical exam, yes to cc/no to cc-change to mL, number lists versus no number lists, yes to QC/QA note versus no to QC/QA note, and the list goes on and on and on....  It is enough to drive you to a glass of ...

Head Phones To Buy
Aug 19, 2014

Can you share what kind of headphones you use that are the best for medical transcription. One of the Nuance people suggested ECS Wordsmith at www.tvps.com. I got them, but I don't find much improvement. I have heard about the booster. Any good suggestions. ...

MY HEAD IS SPINNING
Jan 08, 2015

Just did the FFT Editor 7.5 and 7.6.  How in the world are we suppose to get all this in our brains and keep our line count at least 150 LPH?  It always scares me when they come up with these new edits. ...

AIIMS Exam Or AMES Exam
Sep 15, 2011

Doing a report for a counseling and recovery center. Dr. says.... AIIMS exam showed mild involuntary movement of upper extremities and t____ assessment. Is it AIMS exam or Ames exam. I am also unsure of the blank, it sounds like it starts with the letter T. Thank you Thank you in advance! ...

To Keeping My Head Up And Other Newbies
Oct 25, 2009

There is good reason that these ladies sound a little negative.  It is not about you, your initiative, or your dedictation.  They do know what they are talking about, but they did not even begin to explain to you why, probably not enough room or time!  This industry has changed drastically.  You can not believe the ads you read about being an MT, great money, work your own hours, train in 2-4 months, blah, blah, blah.  None of that is true.  This has become a low in ...

Oops Upside The Head
Nov 02, 2009

I am typing merrily along, enjoying my psych account, and when I get to the plan, the dictator states for the last entry, "I informed the patient that this practice is closing and will provide her with a list of referrals."  The next four dictations had the same final entry.  Egad.  Thanks for letting us, the mere typists, know.          ...

-ology Of Head Injury
Apr 19, 2010

The word s/l nephology or fology.  It is not etiology or epidemiology.  The sentence is -   I have had the opportunity to discuss ____ology of head injuries, risks, etc., with the patient.   I'm drawing a complete blank and any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Looking To Purchase New Head Phones
Jun 24, 2010

I am looking to purchase new head phones. The cheap ones I note break so easily and I cannot hear very well. I like the head phones that go over the whole ear. Can someone tell me what they find is the best head set to use? If you could give me the name of them and even where you got them and some information about them, I would appreciate it!! Thanks for your time. Liz ...

Neurology/head Term
Apr 05, 2011

Neurology report. Says tenderness in the mid anian region (talking about the head/brain and spells anian). Have seen this before and thought it started with an o but now cannot find. TIA ...

A Rock Song Keeps Going Through My Head
Dec 12, 2011

Dirty Deeds (and they're done dirt cheap) ...

Patient With Head Injury
Jan 11, 2012

Patient with head injury. Was brought to the hospital and became (sounds like uptutted?) ...

Banging My Head Against The Wall
Feb 27, 2012

I keep getting dinged for comma usage, and I'm not one to overuse them, though I fully support the use of an Oxford comma.  I am old school, and I've been taught the following about commas 1)  They go before a conjunction when what could be complete sentence follows. 2)  They do not go before or after (unless there is a strange circumstance, i.e, "indeed" or some such wording thrown in) a conjunction w/o a complete sentence following it. My hospitals are "modified ver ...