A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Grade 1 or Grade I - scoop

Posted: May 06, 2011

Which is correct? Grade 1 or Grade I (as in spondylosis, for example)?

Grade 1 - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Grades are Arabic - Grade 1, Grade 3

Stages are Roman - Stage I, Stage III

no need for cap,,,grade 1. nm - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]

Also, the way I remember this is (sm) - from same (sm) poster as above

[ In Reply To ..]
Grades (which are 1,2,3) are like grades in school. I was in 1st grade, 2nd grade, 3rd grade.

Stages (which are I,II,III) are Roman numerals. In ancient Rome they used to put on plays for entertainment. Plays that were performed on... STAGE.

Sounds like a lot when typed out like that, but in my head I always remember "grades like school" "stages like the Romans"

Grade 1 or I - BRK

[ In Reply To ..]
Grades are Arabic numbers, 2,3,4, etc. Stages are Roman numerals, II, III, etc.

Similar Messages:

Grade 2 / Grade II Sprain Of The Ankle (also, Is Grade Capped) ?? Nm Thx
Mar 04, 2011

x ...

Disk Or Disc - Also....grade 2 Or Grade II
May 04, 2012

Two questions that I need clarification on please.  (1)  Is it disc or disk and also (2) is it grade 2 or grade II? Thanks.   ...

Grade 1 Or Grade I Diastolic Dysfunction
Jul 31, 2013

grade 1 or grade I diastolic dysfunction????? ...

Low-grade Lymphoma Or Low Grade?
Jan 25, 2010

this is driving me nuts! ...

11th Grade Or Grade?
Feb 24, 2010

She had finished the 11th grade. ...

Hemorrhoid With "grade 4" Or "grade IV" Prolapse.
Oct 17, 2011

:) ...

Grade 4-5/6
Dec 11, 2009

is it grade 4-5/6 or grade 4 to 5 over 6?? ...

When To Use Grade II Or Grade 2
Sep 16, 2010

Can someone explain to me (or point me in the right direction of where to look) how do I know when to use IV versus 4.  I'm doing searches but confused as both are coming up.  Example - grade II (or 2) patellofemoral chondrosis, grade 4 (or IV) osteochondral defect.  My report is not looking uniform and unsure which to use anymore or where to look to make sure I'm correct. Thank you for any help. ...

S/l Tobacco Grade
Oct 19, 2009

Denies tobacco s/l grade. any ideas? ...

Help Please! Is It Grade 1 Or I MCL Sprain?
Jan 20, 2010

Thanks in advance! ...

FIGO Grade?
Mar 29, 2010

All of my searching brings up only FIGO staging, never grading.  I even checked the FIGO web site.  So, when a doctor dictates it as grade, should it be automatically changed to stage?  TIA ...

High Grade...
Apr 18, 2010

I'm having a TIA, I think.  This sentence is "....68-year-old woman with a high-grade leiomyosarcoma..."  Should there be a hyphen in "high grade" or not?  I've totally thought about this too much and I can't remember when you do and don't use the hyphen.  Please help!! Thanks! ...

Stage Or Grade
May 18, 2010

Anyone have a secret way of remembering when to use roman numerals or numbers for stage and grade?  ...

LA Grade A Esophagitis
Jan 04, 2011

Is there such a thing as 'LA Grade A esophagitis'?  Thanks! ...

Grade 1 Or I, Stage 1 Or I - Please Help
Apr 28, 2011

how to write grades and stages:  grade 1 or I, stage 1 or I - please help ...

Spondylolisthesis - Grade 2 Or II?
Jul 19, 2011

I can never remember this one. ...

Low- To Moderate-grade?
Aug 26, 2011

Hi, I have a question that is driving me bonkers trying to figure out. I transcribe radiology, and the following phrase is used frequently: "..... mild to moderate grade...." by one particular doctor. Does anyone have any ideas about the proper way this phrase should be transcribed? For example, mild- to moderate-grade; mild to moderate grade; mild-to-moderate-grade? Thank you for any help! ...

Grade 1 Or I For Femur Changes
Aug 01, 2013

Is it Arabic or Roman numerals? ...

*** Grade I Spondylolisthesis
Jun 20, 2015

Hi, Please help with a word which sounds like..... myeding/moding/molding.... The sentence is as follows: The patient also has a ______ grade I spondylolisthesis at the L4-L5 level.   Thnx in advance, Laura H.   ...

T1N0 I Negative M0 Grade 2 - How Would You Put This?
Feb 22, 2010

Should I put it like T1N0M0 I-negative grade 2? Thank you. ...

Nephrotic Grade Proteinuria?
Sep 13, 2010

"s/ nephrotic grade proteinura - no biopsy, concerned about risk.  Treating for diabetic and hypertension-related renal diseases versus autoimmune."  I can't find anything in my dictionaries or online that has at least both nephrotic and proteinuria.  The 'grade' part of it could be just about anything...it doesn't necessarily have to be 'grade'. ...

How Do You Type ... Grade 1 To 2 Or 1-2 Muscle Tear?
Nov 23, 2009

grade 1 to 2 or 1-2 muscle tear? tia. There is a focal hemorrhage in the central portion of the distal rectus femoris, consistent with the grade 1-2 muscle tear.   ...

FYI: Grade, Stage, Type, Class
Mar 30, 2010

Grade gets arabic.  Stage, type, and class get Roman numerals.  (Exception is type 2 diabetes.)  None of them have initial caps (grade 2, stage II, type II, class II). ...

MRI - This Did Show Some Mild To Moderate Changes With A Grade I
Jul 04, 2011

with s/l parafusion of the disc space.  TIA   ...

Do MMEs Grade Or Just Review & Correct?
Feb 08, 2012

x ...

? Grade 2 With Progression To 3 Secondar To Hydrocephalus
May 01, 2012

Word where ? is s/l Honhess??  - have never heard of this- tried fishing on google but no luck. ...

Question About Grade, Arabic Or Roman...sm
Nov 01, 2012

I was always taught that grade is always arabic and stage Roman but someone recently told me that is not the case for orthopedic terms, grade III spondylolysis and grade III medial meniscus tear.  Does anyone know if this is correct? ...

Anyone Else Want To Share Their Grade So We All Have An Idea Of Where We Stand?
Mar 15, 2014

I've seen an 86, 88, 92, and 98.  I also made an 88.  I had time to verify the ones I wasn't sure of, so I'm a little blown away that I didn't do better than that, but it is what it is. ...

S/l Grade D Tool-la-gra To Help With Compression....Any Idease?
Aug 12, 2014

Orthopedics: I See No Progression Of The Mild Grade 1 VSD Distally. She Does
Nov 05, 2009

have varicosities, but there is no progression....I did talk to her about swimming and cycling as other activities to maintain quad strength and keep her weight down for both her joint disease as well as risk of VSD. I can not figure out what VSD stands for.  He says it very clearly.  All my searches turn up ventricular septal defect, but his use of the word "distally" makes me think he is not talking about that.  Plus, this is an orthopedist. ...