A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

FABER, FABERE, faber - Ortho question

Posted: Jan 26, 2015

Can anyone tell me which is correct? I have been typing it as FABER for years (acronym), but now have been told that it is faber according to 6th edition I believe of the Stedman's, which I do not have access to. Thanks!

FABER - camt

[ In Reply To ..]
Its all capped FABER

Similar Messages:

Faber Or Fabere Sign?
Jul 08, 2013

I have seen this both ways at my current job, so I don't think it matters, but I'm curious as to which one is correct?  Is it Faber sign or fabere sign? ...

FABER
Feb 12, 2010

OK- I had seriously thought I had heard everything until we had a doctor specifically say that the FABER test should be typed FAbEr test. We had another doctor state it should be Faber and she dug up 1 publication that had it that way. I have always typed it FABER or FABERE (depending on how the doctor pronounces the word). Anyway- my manager e-mailed both, Dr. "FAbEr" stated that is the way he's seen it in publications and Dr. "Faber" deferred to his judgment so now that is how we need to ...

Faber Test
Nov 19, 2009

I see this test typed all the time in ASR as Faber test but when I Googled it, it came up as all caps because it is an acronym. Can anyone kindly shed some light?  Thanks so much!     ...

La Faber Maneuver
May 10, 2012

Orthopedics doc keeps saying "la faber's maneuver" when he is doing hip exams.  I have found FABERE but no la faber.  I have asked his nurse to find out what he is talking about and he insists that it is "la faber" and is French.   *Is* there a la faber maneuver and I just can't find it?    ...

FABER And S/l- Fair - Tests Are Negative??
Nov 17, 2009

Sounds like fair for the second test??  TIA!! ...

Fabere, Fabere, Or FABERE?
Oct 24, 2011

Trying to figure out which is the correct  spelling. QA did mark it as Fabere's maneuver in a past report, but isn't that an acronym for flexion, abduction, external rotation, extension, or is that acceptable, too? I'm not questioning the QA or anything; I just came across a report that said Fabere's test and wanted to double check :)   Thanks! ...

Is FABERE Sign All Caps?
Aug 08, 2012

Just saw today that apparently it is an acronym and should be all caps? ...

ORTHO HELP: Negative [s/l Fair] Sign, Negative Fabere Sign?
Jun 02, 2012

OK.....   It's an orthopedic chart note. Patient has a chief complaint of  hip pain. Dictated: He has a negative [s/l fair, fairs, varus?] sign, a negative fabere sign. It doesn't sound like fadir; I'm not hearing that "d." I already had to leave two medication blanks and hate to leave another one for an orthopedic sign that I feel like I should know! Thank you in advance for your help and ideas!   ...