A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Debridement - Under s/l trachea control I excised the necrotic tissues - superstar

Posted: Aug 04, 2010

Under s/l trachea control I excised the necrotic tissues and dorsum of her right hand, the right metacarpophalangeal joint as well as her right wrist.

traction? - ddd

[ In Reply To ..]

Probably tourniquet nm - bizzyfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

S/l Breeding Necrotic Tissue
Feb 19, 2011

New Dr.  He sound congested so I am struggling with this op report. Due to the inflammation I was not absolutely certain that this was extrasphincteric and so an adequate drainage procedure was done by taking a quater-sized divot out of the skin down to the abscess cavity to "breeding the necrotic tissue". ...

Instrument S/l Cry-coke To Elevate Trachea-sm
Jul 07, 2011

Patient is having a tracheostomy. ...

Vericuff Tissues?
Aug 02, 2010

I never heard of this, could it be correct?  That is how the  doctor is spelling it.  ...

Soft Looking Tissues?
Dec 08, 2010

would it be "soft-looking tissues" or "soft looking tissues"? I am usually pretty good with hyphen rules, but am drawing a blank here. Do you still hyphenate when you have an -ing word? ...

What A Day...Patient With Sacral Ulcer Excised, Doc Applied Sm
May 16, 2012

s/l clear dural dressing.  Dural has me stumped!!! ...

Perirectal Tissues Requiring CT S/l (thick Headed Drainage)
Aug 29, 2010

Perirectal tissues requiring CT s/l (thick headed drainage) ...

Debridement Of Burn
Dec 13, 2010

Hi...  Can't "hear" this at all, even though this question has been posted on here, not sure which form to use.   "Prior to the dressing, the arm was irrigated with s/l pulsatile/pulsar/pulsed  lavage with s/l assistance/system/solution of 3 L of lactated Ringers.   thanks! Barb   ...

Another Debridement Issue 2 Questions..
Dec 14, 2010

Okay, 2 issues this time. "This consisted of debridement of tissues down through the s/l  ulna 3 joints of her hand... but couldn't find anything to back up "ulna 3 joints"   "Further debridement into the distal s/l "farm" revealed that the TFCC and ulna bone itself was necrotic". I know it sounds obvious but it sounds like he IS saying "farm" and does so in several places in the report.   THANKS!!!! bv ...

No Masses, Symmetric Trachea Elevation, Thyroid Enlargement, And Masses --Does That Make Sense?
Dec 01, 2011

Can someone explain this to me?  Because I don't see how it makes sense.  ...

I&D - Irrigation And Debridement Vs Incision And Drainage
Feb 09, 2010

Is there any clear way to know how I&D should be expanded?  Am I correct to assume irrigation and debridement for a wound and incision and drainage for an abscess? What about for a paronychia?  Right now I have a patient who was I&D'd recently for a paronychia, which is an abscess, so I assume it was incised and drained, but it also says the nail was debrided. ...

Sounds Like X-sate-sheil Debridement
Jun 07, 2011

Dictator is listing procedures done while patient is in the hospital.  She is referring to debridement on the heels.  Sounds like X-sate-sheil debridement.  Any ideas? TIA for any help.   ...

Debridement Note Word Help, S/l Stealed Tissue??
Nov 23, 2010

Op report of debridement - blank as follows:  I (s/l stealed) tissue over the in situ bypass. ...

Debridement - Patient Was S/l Freight/free Wrapped, Prepped
Aug 01, 2010

Patient was s/l freight/free wrapped, prepped, and draped in the usual fashion in the supine position. ...

Debridement Of Maxillary Sinus Using Suction And _____ Instruments?
Nov 08, 2011

Blank sounds like tuchogie or tuckogie.  Any suggestions?  Thanks! ...

Basal Cell Carcinoma Excised By "o Dara" Treatment.
Feb 03, 2011

? ...

S/l "subacromial Decompression, Distal Clavicle Excision, And Debridement With RASTING Of A Lab
Dec 31, 2009

It definitely does not sound like grafting and I don't really believe that would be correct anyway.  I thought maybe RAST but I am having no luck with any of my searches.  Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Pathology Revealed "pink Red 10" Tissues.
Apr 24, 2012

Thoracic laminectomy with a resection of intradural and intramedullary spinal cord.  Pathology revealed multiple "pink red ten" tissues that were submitted in a piecemeal fashion and consistent with anaplastic ependymoma grade III. ...

QC Out Of Control
Jun 12, 2013

It looks like I'm not alone judging by the posts I just read but have to vent anyway. Anyone else think QC is out of control? The minor things they are editing for defeats the whole purpose of having eScription. There are dictators I've done for years that I used to breeze right thru and now I find myself micromanaging every chart, to make sure every pause has a comma or period. All this is just slowing me down and then the clients wonder why their account is so far behind? I can' ...

Rate Control Med
Aug 10, 2010

s/l valtayazam for rate control ...

Fluoro Control?
Oct 04, 2010

Hi alll, my first time posting! Am transcribing this op report...this is what I "hear" The fracture was known to be relatively stable preoperatively, and the 3 titanium screws were inserted percutaneously, using the 2-sleeve technique over a guide wire.    Fluoro control was utilized.  Blood loss was essentially nil, as the procedure was done through a 3/4 inch skin incision.  Postoperative wound was closed with 3-0 Dexon.  Patient tolerated the procedure well.  ...

Volume Control
Mar 25, 2012

Hi folks, Is there a way to turn the volume up or down using just the keyboard fod DocQscribe?  Thanks a bunch. ...

Damage Control?
Mar 31, 2015

Does it seem to anyone else that there are a few responses on this board today that are obviously damage control.  I call BS!!!  If you were making so much and were so happy, why would you be on this board? ...

Pain Control With ?CAD Infusion
May 18, 2010

This is a note on a patient with lymphoma.  "...pain is being controlled with cad infusion, with basal rate of 1 mg/hour".  Dictator pronounces "cad" (not individual letters c-a-d).  Am aware of chemotherapy combos (i.e, cyclophosphamide, Adriamycin, dacarbazine, and cytosine, arabinoside, daunorubicin) but am wondering if they would be used for pain control.  Also, earlier in the report, the dictator makes it sound as if chemo has been d/c'd.  In the back of my ...

USB Hand Control/SUM Program HELP!!
Jun 05, 2010

I am in college right now for transcription, and am just getting in to using the SUM program... I start summer semester on Monday and am disabled with no use of my legs, I use the Phillips USB hand control in place of a foot pedal. Well SUM doesn't work with it... I tried downloading the audio files to my computer and then importing them in to Express Scribe, which DOES work with my hand control, and I guess the permissions on the files won't allow ES to open the files. Is there A ...

Anyone Know How To Turn On ALT/Control Keys In DQS?
Jul 22, 2010

I must have accidentally put in a command to disengage these functions in a document and I am straight-typing everything!  Other than closing the program and starting again, if you have any suggestion, would TYIA.  Have a productive (i.e. GOOD) day everyone. ...

S/l Cautery Control Fascia
Aug 27, 2011

The soft tissue was then sharply incised until the cautery control fascia was encountered in that s/l exide/site   does cautery control fascia make sense? ...

Name Of Birth Control Pills?
Sep 22, 2011

Sounds like Prosidia or Lucidia? Cell phone dictation, which is completely warped. The patient has dysmenorrhea and anemia from heavy menses and is going in for a supracervical hysterectomy (this is a preoperative HP), so I would really appreciate the help. Just installed new hard drive, and Stedman's loaded my software incorrectly, so it is uninstalled for now. Way past the birth control pills age. Thanks! ...

Birth Control Pill?
Dec 05, 2011

A female patient is in for symptoms of vaginitis, STD check as well as needing birth control...anybody ever heard of "Librelle?"  Dictated..."She can go with the "Librelle" as she wants, 3 months at a time and metronidazole.....blah, blah, blah...."  I can't seem to verify it anywhere. Thanks for the help! ...

Nuance Trying To Do Damage Control
May 16, 2013

My friend works for a hospital who is being taken over by Nuance.  They have the option to work for Nuance and had a meeting yesterday with several of the "higher-ups" from Nuance there.  Along with the blatant lies about how they'll make so much more money than they're making now, this board was specifically mentioned in an attempt to do some damage control.  They were told not to believe what they read on this board, disgruntled employees, BLAH BLAH BLAH.  The fun ...

Help Dictaphone ESP Control Panel Wont Pop Up
May 15, 2011

I have been using Dictaphone's ESP Expansion Program for over 3 years now in Word and all of a sudden the other day, when I click on Control/Control to open the ESP Control Panel, nothing.....Then I went to Tools and clicked on ESP Control Panel and nothing.....I cant access it.  My ESP personal files are huge and I have saved them in many safe places so Im not worried about losing them but I cant add, delete, or edit any of my thousands of expansion files.  ALso, the esps work when I typ ...