A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cataract surgery - s/l Surgi-Gel lens - In need of help :)

Posted: Oct 19, 2010

I cannot locate anything via the internet on this type of IOL.   Maybe it's a new type?  Curious if anyone on here could help me out  :)

I've flagged it on a couple reports now and have not heard back from QA yet.

Thanks!!

SurgiTel - Tina

[ In Reply To ..]
I found this online and believe it might be it.

Similar Messages:

Cataract Surgery
Jul 07, 2014

Doing a cataract surgery and he says what sounds like curved tires.  Curve tie-ers? Thanks! ...

Utronix??? Cataract Surgery
Jun 10, 2015

This is a cataract extraction operative report.   "Bent cystotome was used to initiate anterior capsular tear followed by s/l utronix to complete a continuous curvilinear capsulorrhexis." ...

Cataract Surgery...which Is Correct..cystitome Or Cystotome?
Nov 23, 2010

xx ...

Cataract Surgery And Placement Of Eye Stent For Glaucoma
Apr 08, 2015

For the eye stent part of the dictation, it sounds like the doc is dictating "The (s/l oneone or odeon lens) was used to view the angle structures". Thanks for your help. ...

Cataract Surgery. S/L Iris "med-rye-oh-sis"--SM
Jan 26, 2011

He speaks so clearly, I can't believe I'm not getting this!   Full sentence..... "A 7.0 mm Malyugen ring was inserted to create adequate iris (S/L) med-rye-oh-sis."  ...

Some Kind Of Lens
Feb 04, 2015

States patient has glaucoma.  "He wears citrus lenses which do help him some."     She is very clearly stating citrus or sitris.  I cannot find anything about this.  Anyone have any ideas?      Thanks!! ...

Taric(s/l) 18 Diopter Intraocular Lens
Aug 19, 2012

Left cataract extraction with phacoemulsification and insertion of a taric(s/l) 18 diopter intraocular lens ...

There Is A (s/l Lens) Shaped Area Of Low Signal In The Weightbearing Portion Of The Lateral Femoral
Sep 27, 2011

TIA :-) ...

The Wound Was Secured Using S/l "walter Lens Dog Bone"
Dec 12, 2011

tia ...

Ophthalmology Word Nuclear Cataract Of S/l  "Polevoranes Varitey"
Jun 25, 2010

Doc dictates diagnosis as nuclear cataract of s/l  "Polevoranes varitey" ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

He Has Had A Cataract "disfraction"?
May 18, 2010

S/l disfraction.  ...

To Surgery After Appropriate...
May 20, 2011

The doctor dictates: *to surgery after appropriate preparation and today* prosthetic arthroplasty, Austin Moore-type left hip.  What I flagged, I know cannot be completely right because it doesn't make sense.  Any clues as what he may be saying??  Thanks! ...

First Day...ep Lap Surgery
Sep 27, 2011

ep lap surgery ...

Ear Surgery
Apr 22, 2012

The doc is doing surgery in the middle ear region.  He says . . . "The s/l o-moon was retrace with a Wheatland retractor . . " ...

Surgery See Msg.
Jun 30, 2012

A s/l cardio device was used to close the right common femoral arteriotomy. ...

Bladder Surgery
Oct 24, 2009

the area on the trigone was just slightly raised tumor whereas above the left ureteral orifice and slightly down in a **bafond** the tumor was papillary in nature. ...

Nasal Surgery Help
Jan 18, 2010

This guy is talking a mile a minute and I can't slow it down at all.  This guy is talking a mild a minute with no speed control to speak of... 1.  Perioperative _____ surgical pledgets were placed in the nose. 2.  Bilateral _______ splints were placed in the nasal cavity and sutured to the midline with a 3-0 Prolene suture.  (something+astic splints    Almost sounds like full-astic or scho-lastic) Thanks! ME     ...

Surgery Marking Pen
Jan 26, 2010

Hard to understand doc is performing a mastectomy with what sounds like a "ski margin pen".  Any idea of what kind of marker pen he is using? ...

Brain Surgery.
Mar 11, 2010

The tumor was entered with the s/l kissa and I was able to gradually remove tumor working through the various densities of tumor. ...

GU Surgery; Villiforms?
Mar 15, 2010

Know villiform is a real word, just have not heard it in this context:  "There was a small false passage at the 6 o'clock position in the distal prostatic urethra; I suspect this is the area that presented difficulty with insertion of a Foley catheter and villiforms and dilators." It almost sounds as if an "F" is the first letter.  Any thoughts/suggestions/help welcomed.   Thanks.  ...

Shoulder Surgery
Mar 17, 2010

A s/l green limbitec curved suture passer was then placed around the base of the coracoid. ...

Eye Surgery Terminology
Jun 29, 2010

Eye examination under anesthesia. #.   Placement of Baerveldt glaucoma tube shunt, inferotemporally, left eye. #.   Incision of fibrous capsule, left superior Ahmed valve with needle. Dictator is doing eye examination under anesthesia, placement of Baerveldt glaucoma tube shunt, inferotemporally, left eye., incision of fibrous capsule, left superior Ahmed valve with needle.   Does anyone know of a 2-dough-plast tissue?  I cannot hear "tonoplast."   ...

Ankle Surgery...
Jun 28, 2010

I'm having trouble deciphering a few words in this sentence dealing with ankle surgery to remove intracuticular sutures.  "Tourniquet was placed (about/above?) the left thigh and a (s/l bump) placed beneath the left hip.  The lower extremity was then prepped and draped in sterile fashion."  I can't tell if he's saying about or above, although I'm not sure if above would make any sense in that sentence, and I'm not sure if bump would make sense, either. ...

Neck Surgery ?
Jun 07, 2010

anyone heard of a product that s/l 'Bingo'? Implantation of B___________ PEEK spacer with 26 mm height, packed with local autogenous bone graft inserted between C5 to C7. ...

Surgery Tool
Jul 16, 2010

s/l Wesip grasper ...

Hemorrhoid Surgery
Jun 24, 2011

Has anyone heard the term hemorroid torid (torrid??) during hemorroidopexy?  ...

Back Surgery
Jan 08, 2011

The patient underwent back surgery which was further complicated with diskitis of L4-L5 resulting in recurrent s/l thrombolotic lopathies. ...

Thyroid Surgery
Jun 15, 2011

S/L skiba gland? ...

GI Surgery S/l Mertzes?
Mar 04, 2011

help, seems like i've had this word before, but cannot find it anywhere.  thanks! I was concerned for ball-valving of a common bile duct stone versus __________ versus other. Therefore, I performed the ERCP today. ...