A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Cardiology risk score Framingham versus Farmington - NDMT

Posted: May 16, 2012

Cardiology workup in which majorly ESL doc says, "I assessed her [then he spells it--yes, go ahead and laugh] R-F-R-M-I-N-G-T-O-N" score." So, I'm thinking it's "Farmington" or something like that but discovered a "Framingham" score for cardiology. Yet, the doc did clearly spell the T-O-N part of the word, so I'm wondering if anyone has ever heard of a Farmington score for cardiology. Or anything. Anything.

Ridiculous isn't it? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I just wish they wouldn't try to spell words. Anyway, I'm pretty sure it should be Framingham even though probably in that ESL's mind, he spelled it perfectly! On the other hand, if I had any doubt at all, I would mark it for QA so as not to get dinged.

How well I remember Bacardi - NDMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I totally agree--they should practice medicine and leave the spelling to us! I remember getting this horrendous ESL dictator--worst, worst, worst dictator you can imagine--as a newbie. He slurred and mumbled and coughed and hacked through all sorts of orthopedic brand names and the like, and then when he got to the social history he said, "The patient drinks Bacardi--that's B-A-C-A-R-D-I." Right about then I wished that *I* had some Bacardi!

Now there's one I wouldn't flag for QA! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Also Tequila, vodka, Chardonnay, Pinot, etc. Of course, if I wasn't a poor MT, Dom Perignon would also be on that list. :)
It's Andre champagne for us! - NDMT
[ In Reply To ..]
Andre champagne is the lowest of the low, but I am pretty sure drinking it cured my strep throat once upon a time....

Google Framingham to find the study. Very famous. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

Similar Messages:

Framingham Risk Score And ....
Aug 08, 2011

Framingham Risk Assessment is 5%.  Leak? criteria for risk regarding non-cardiac surgery is low at 0.9%.  Leak????  Hmmm....can't hear him.  HELP!! ...

Trav Or Traz II Score? Sm (Cardiology)
Dec 10, 2009

I have a patient with AF with RVR and flutter and they are trying to wean her off of her Cardizem drip.  She is also s/p cardioversion.  They state they want to continue aspirin therapy as her "traz/trav" II score is 2.  Anyone hear of this?  Thanks so much in advance. I hope you're all having a great day.  :-) P.S.  Stupid Vikings.  Every year they break my heart.  :-) ...

Cardiac Term - Is It CHAD Score - Or CHADS Score?
Mar 25, 2013

Is it CHAD score - or CHADS score? On search I find CHAD, CHADS, and CHADS2. He is not saying a "2" at all, and with him saying "score" right after "chad," I don't know if there should be an 's' on CHAD or not. The dictated sentence is:  He does have a recent diagnosis of lone atrial fibrillation with a low CHAD score. Thanks for any help. ...

Cardiology Re: Obstetrics Help!! Cardiology Term!
Oct 20, 2009

Oh wow... the board looks different. Anyways, I have a term that I have never heard of regarding a woman giving birth and it is talking about the baby's heart. "Fetal heart sounds were in the 130s with ____." She says it again, "Baby's heart rate had _____ and was reassuring throughout her stay." Sounds like "aksels." Any ideas? Thanks! ...

C-score Or Z-score On Pediatric Echo
Apr 20, 2012

I am transcribing a pediatric echo and the doctor says C-score or Z-score. I have never heard this before. Is it C-score or Z-score. Thanks for any help in advance. ...

Stroke Risk
Jul 21, 2011

Dictated - "I quoted her a risk of one in 2 to 300."  Should that be 1:200-300? ...

MT Field At RISK Of Downfall...
Jan 19, 2012

This is not NEW but still needed to say... I never had an appriciation in MT field since i joined 4 years back...This sucks or i am expecting too much out of them or is it the right time to say adios to this MT. The way it is panning out, I have serious doubts about this MT field now...   ...

Dementia Risk Assessment
Jan 27, 2012

Dementia supervision risk assessment, and it sounds like he is saying Lobman or Logman for one-on-one supervision.   Thanks for any help! ...

Breast Cancer Risk Assessment
Oct 13, 2010

I'm looking for what s/l "begalrithm" Risk Assessment for breast cancer. Thanks for any help!   ...

Medical Coding - Risk For Offshoring
Feb 21, 2011

I am speaking with a counselor at a community college about a medical insurance coding certificate. I am more interested in outpatient coding in an outpatient setting and earning the CPC credential for professional coders. I really do not want to work in a hospital again. From a current medical coder's perspective, is outpatient coding and CPC a good option as compared to inpatient coding? What about the job market? Is the job marketing pretty stable for outpatient coders, who are not worki ...

Does Anyone Know What Is Involved In A VA 'low Risk" Background Check? Sm
Jan 27, 2011

Apparently anyone doing VA work has to have one.  Is it strict?  I am not proud of it, but I had a DUI about 20 years ago -- would that be something that would keep me from transcribing for the hospital?   Thanks. ...

To Monitor Blood Flow In Bone Due To AVN Risk...
Feb 19, 2011

S/l "Bolt" monitor. We then examined the blood flow again. There was still bleeding. We documented this with photographs as well as put in the _____ monitor, which showed a slight waveform that corresponded with the patient's heartbeat. Anybody heard of it? ...

Sleeve S/L In-gart-ment For High Risk Activities.
Nov 03, 2009

She is at high risk for lymphedema and I recommended physical therapy referral for lymphedema management.  She will require sleeve S/L in-gart-ment for high risk activities.  She is blind and uses a seeing eye dog with her left hand. ...

*tyro Kusik* Risk Model For Breast Cancer
Jul 01, 2013

ss ...

Chemotherapy Drug - High Risk Of Breast Cancer Recurrence
Nov 19, 2011

patient it at high risk of breast cancer recurrence and they recomend utilizing combination chem utilizing s/l dose-stensator, Adriamycin, Cytoxan.  Does anyone know what this might be? ...

End Point Versus Endpoint And Hand Grip Versus Handgrip
Mar 13, 2012

Two words that come up often for questioning.  These are strictly used in an orthopedic setting.  Stedman's and Dorland's list end point and hand grip HOWEVER the office transcription manager,  girl is asking for me to correct this to endpoint and handgrip. She is only basing this on what an old medical transcription company she used to work for had her typing. I would rather base it on the  medical reference. The doctors are not even aware this has come up. She is ...

*uncotidyex* Testing Shows High Risk Of Recurrent Breast Cancer. Nm
May 19, 2010

. ...

MD-IT Cardiology Ad
Jul 28, 2010

Need to make a choice by tomorrow. Any advice on platforms, etc? ...

Cardiology H&P
Feb 03, 2011

Few words I can not figure out! Sounds like in parenthesis! The precordial chest pain returned again, patient retained good relief with nitroglycerin sublingual. The patient has also been on(( colan )) and Micro-K Patient has had an appendectomy and tonsilectomy and an umbilical hernia (( ooraphy )) head symetrical pupils equal react to light and accomodation no ((spurroectras)) ((distant)) Heart tones, no murmurs.....   Thanks in advance! =) ...

Cardiology Help...SM
Aug 02, 2012

He says: "The troponin was mildly elevated in the low ones."    How do I type "ones"?  ...

Need Cardiology Help Please
Aug 14, 2012

s/l with Lanier dissection of this vessel, not amenable to PCI.  Is Lanier correct?  I'm stumped.   Thanks! ...

Cardiology Help Pls
Oct 01, 2012

ECG:  ...nonspecific baseline T abnormalities with an inverted s/l TNL or T in L ...

High Risk Features Include "man Ish Ee All" Positive Margins.
May 20, 2014

Squamous cell carcinoma of the supraglottic larynx.  We recommend radiation therapy due to several high-risk features, including perineural invasion, "Man ish ee all" positive margins, and lymph node involvement with extracapsular extension. ...

Her Last Pap Smear Was "active", But Negative High-risk HPV
Apr 16, 2012

Questioning the active part.  Thanks! ...

Need Help With Cardiology Term (please?)
Nov 07, 2009

Hi. I have visited this site often and enjoy all the comments. I'm hearing something that sounds like brankybach. It almost sounds familiar, but can't find it anywhere. The sentence is:  EKGs demonstrated nonspecific ST-T changes in anterolateral leads.  There was _______________ noted on the rhythm monitor last night. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Cardiology Medication
Nov 09, 2009

Has anyone ever heard of a drug that sounds like Agrostat, Acristat...  something like that. It is a cardiology note. The note says he recieved ____ overngiht. Thanks in advance!  ...

Cardiology Dictation
Nov 30, 2009

The dictator is naming medications. One of them sounds like Colife, but when I research it I find nothing. Does anyone know what this medication could be? ...

Cardiology Service?
Dec 03, 2009

or cardiology service?  The pt was seen by the cardiology service.? ...

Cardiology Accounts
Mar 17, 2010

I know of two companies that do only cardiology transcription: www.cardioscribes.com www.cardiologyts.com If someone knows of other such companies or those with lots and lots of cardiology accounts, please share.  I love doing this specialty. ...

Cardiology Transcription
Jun 25, 2010

I am working on a transcription course and am transcribing a cardiology report and I can't understand what the person is saying. It sounds like "pacing numbers, treasural numbers, and sensitivity numbers" but I can't find anything to reference to help me out. Can anyone help with this? Thanks! ...