A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

CT angiogram impression - Nikki

Posted: Nov 14, 2009

Negative for pulmonary embolism or dissection.  Moderate coarse infiltrate left lower lobe. Scattered area of ground glass infiltrates and s/l normal focus of parasegments on the right.  Abnormal hilar lymph node s/l pipathy with asymmetric enlargement nodes s/l axial lateral left greater than right.

CT angio impression - travelinMT

[ In Reply To ..]
normal focus of parasegments on the right................................

Abnornal hilar lymph node adenopathy...... with asytmmetric enlargement of nodes axial-lateral, left
greater than right.

I think it's pleural segments (not parasegments) sm - elaine

[ In Reply To ..]
I also think "abnormal focus" makes more sense here.

Could doc be saying: "bilateral hilar lymphadenopathy" (rather than "abnormal")?

Similar Messages:

IMPRESSION Vs IMPRESSIONS
Dec 29, 2014

I've been an MT for over 10 years and have always just typed IMPRESSION, even when there are multiples, but I'm seeing other MT's type "IMPRESSIONS" and also "PLANS" when there are more than one, even when the doctor is only dictating IMPRESSION (though we would change DIAGNOSIS to SES if more than one but not dictated). I searched the archives and found one mention of this before, but there wasn't much conclusion on the matter. So what say ye?  ...

Expanding In Impression/assessment
Aug 30, 2010

I was wondering...we are told to expand abbreviations in assessment and impression paragraphs, but what if they say the abbreviation 4 times within that paragraph? This instance is PSA. Thanks... ...

Abbreviations In Impression Rules
Sep 10, 2014

I know that according to AAMT we are not supposed to put abbreviations in the Impression/Diagnoses sections, but does that include ALL abbreviations?  Or just ones pertaining to diseases?  For instance, are we supposed to spell out MRI in the impression?  Or just diseases, like PUD or COPD?   I'm a bit confused because I put "MRI" in the impression and QA left that as is, but I also put "PT" and they expanded it out to "physical therapy." Does anyone know? Thanks in a ...

Warning: Don't Expand BPH In The Diagnosis/impression, Leave As Is.
Mar 21, 2013

I got a style error minor deduction for this, because it could also refer to "benign prostatic hyperplasia."  I was actually aware of this terminology controversy in the medical community in terms of what the actual meaning is, but I've never once had "benign prostatic hyperplasia" dictated in over 18 years of MT, regardless (has anyone else?). However, I should somehow intuit that Nuance wants it done this way (though I've been expanding it for over 2 years now with never a corre ...

CT Angiogram Procedure
Nov 24, 2009

Doctor is dicating a CT angiogram procedure.  He states that a larger gauge "ID" needed to be placed?  It sounds like ID.  Any suggestions?  ...

Angiogram With Run Offs...
Jun 29, 2010

Pt is having an angiogram with runoffs....or is it run offs or run-offs?  I have found it all 3 ways. THANKS!! ...

Coronary Angiogram
Nov 03, 2010

S/L "lema" to the LAD... ...

Angiogram Using A S/l 2E Catheter
May 22, 2015

a Command 0.014 wire was used to cross the lesions and an angiogram using a s/l 2E catheter to localize the lesions.   ...

CT Angiogram S/l Orange Stenosis
Mar 11, 2011

CT angiogram with reported right carotid 40% to 50% stenosis s/l at orange and 35% to 45% left carotid s/l orange stenosis. Never heard this one before. Is he talking about the orange arrows on the actual angiogram pointing to the stenosis??? What is the orange??Help.... ...

Gallbladder Removal...Impression Is "questionalbe Evolving S/l PYRANASE Vs Phlebitis R/O
Apr 14, 2012

Gallbladder was removed, and the impression was "questionable evolving *PYRANASE* versus phelbitis"...anyone know? I have no clue! :( ...

Coronary Angiogram S/l Vizitek 25 ML Was Used, See Message
Jan 29, 2010

I thought maybe Vasotec, but 25 mL!  I've googled and looked in the drug book and can't confirm that amount.  Maybe someone out there has expertise in cardiology.  Could this be a similar-sounding contrast medium, or maybe doc just misspoke. ...

Coronary Angiogram All You That Do Coronary God Bless You...Its Killing Me
May 21, 2010

By Avis or ovis criteria it was a very appropriate size stent. ...

"MIP" Projection On MR Angiogram
Jan 08, 2013

He pronounces it "MIP".  I'm not finding anything.  Unsure if its MIP, MP or maybe MAP.  The sentence reads: MR angiographic images of the abdomen and pelvis were obtained with special attention to the abdominal aorta and branch vessels including the renal arteries.  These images were viewed with *MIP* projection from multiple perspectives. ...