A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Burn surgery--*bealdi* bone?? - Kim

Posted: Sep 29, 2011

The following sentence reads:

The further debridement to the distal forearm required excision of ruptured and necrotic distal extensor tendons down to the level of the s/l*bealdi* bone.

Not sure what "bealdi" could be and not sure if the word after it is even "bone." What could it be??

Thanks!

bleeding bone ? - XanaX

[ In Reply To ..]
oftentimes they need to debride down to healthy bleeding bone...

thanks - Kim

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much. that makes sense.

Similar Messages:

Waxed The Bone Isches With Bone Wax
Jun 01, 2015

Has anyone ever heard of the word bone isches. I am working on a spinal surgery and I can't seem to find the word isches. I am sure I am not hearing that right. Thanks for your help. ...

S/l Blastic Bone Spur Or Blastic Bone Spread?
Dec 28, 2009

anyone heard of this? Thanks, Abby ...

Burn Out
Oct 12, 2010

Anyone got any tips on how to avoid burn out? I am fairly new to MT and am getting burned out. Not good, I know since this is what I truely want to do.  I work 7 days a week and maybe that is part of it. Sitting down at my desk to work is becoming harder as I hate to walk in the room. I love what I do and love being home, but sometimes feel like I live in seclusion as I work all the time. Planning weekends has gone out the window. Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me? Any helpful ...

Debridement Of Burn
Dec 13, 2010

Hi...  Can't "hear" this at all, even though this question has been posted on here, not sure which form to use.   "Prior to the dressing, the arm was irrigated with s/l pulsatile/pulsar/pulsed  lavage with s/l assistance/system/solution of 3 L of lactated Ringers.   thanks! Barb   ...

Burn Patient
Feb 14, 2011

Is there such a thing as trolley room?  "The patient was seen in the trolley room."  Can't find a reference. ...

Motivation/burn Out!
Jun 07, 2013

How does one stay motivated day in and day out...when the account I have I find very boring (rehab) and not acute care which I love, I am soooo burned out, and unsure of company changes and soon going to be calling this profession the quits as I will be going to school part time in the fall to pursue a career change? Any suggestions, please! ...

Any Ideas How To Get Past Burn Out? Right Now, It's
May 01, 2014

not really feasible to look for another job outside home. I live in a very small town and care for my aging mother who is not in the best of health. Right now I'm really feeling a major period of burn-out with transcription. Most days, I'm ready to throw my hands up and quit, just walk away from it, but then I see my checkbook laying on my desk as a reminder that I can't do that. I'm tired of trying to understand mushmouth practitioners, those who talk at the speed of light, ...

Burn Victim Sl/10 Zanaflex
May 20, 2015

HI Everyone. Transcribing a burn victim. He is saying what sl/10 zanaflex for compression therapy. I can't figure this one out. Could it be tendon reflex for compression therapy? Any Ideas? ...

No Burn, Scar, Or Depression Loss ??
Nov 25, 2009

nm ...

Solution In Grafting Burn Wound
Feb 01, 2010

left lateral thigh was injected with apx 200 cc of (s/l) "pickent solution" - dfnly not Dakins.  This is for a split thickness autograft on a burn wound.  Anyone heard of something similar? ...

Help! Burn Injury With A S/l Boolay On His Hand.
Apr 21, 2010

n/m ...

Evidence Of Wind Burn On His Face. It Looks Like A
Feb 05, 2011

maculopapular rash but no s/l "erythema induration" and no signs or symptoms of s/l "era-sip-a-lee" or facial cellulitis.  ...

BURN - The Arm Was Irrigated With A S/l Pulsar Lavage Assistant
Aug 09, 2010

the arm was irrigated with a s/l pulsar lavage assistant with 3 L of s/l lactating ringers ...

Operative Report Skin Grafts From Burn
Feb 07, 2011

Transcribing Operative Report (Burns, skin grafts from thigh) The tourniquet was tested and was found to be working and was placed up at 300 mL of mercury prior to excising__________(sonds like - uraft)and taking the donor skin.   Just can't figure it out....Thanks! I think I have the 300 mL of mercury right..... ...

Burn - Retained Hemostasis And Was Able To Minimize Blood Loss
Aug 09, 2010

s/l This fashion I retained hemostasis and was able to minimize blood loss after deflation of the tourniquet. my question is would i need a comma after what s/l this fashion? ...

A Compression Gauze Or Garment For Split Thickness Burn To Foot
Apr 18, 2012

Dr. seems to be dictating,"a single layer of TENSOFLEX." This is being applied over a healing skin graft on the foot. Thanks ...

Oral Surgery - General Surgery
Jan 23, 2015

Stumped here.  :(  Surgeon says:  Two screws fractured at the level of the bone.   They were ____________ and removed in the usual fashion.       The blank sounds like "truffened", "troughened", "truffined"?  Some sort of removal.  I have absolutely no idea.     Thanks in advance.  :)  ...

Bone On Bone
Oct 24, 2010

Is bone on bone contact hyphenated?  bone-on-bone? ...

Help With Bone Scan
May 25, 2010

Status post bone scan, 05/21/10, demonstrating: 1) linear uptake corresponding L5-S1 level consistent with subacute compression fracture; 2) additional uptake in the posterior midline L4-5, most likely due to pseudofacilitation of the spinous process with reactive marrow edema, consistent with Baastrup’s deformity; 3)...It really sounds more like pseudo facetization!  Any help would be appreciated.  ...

Bone Health
Sep 02, 2010

Under the impression and the "bone health" heading, the patient is said to have s/l "avortionate" problems - on ergocalciferol for vitamin D deficiency.  He is diagnosed with Gout, Crohn's, OA, inflammatory arthritis, and polyarthralgia/polymyalgia. ...

Parent Bone?
Oct 25, 2010

In a craniotomy, sounds like parent bone.  I found parent artery but not bone.  ...

S/l Wafe Of Bone
Mar 30, 2011

I am doing an arthroplasty of the index finger at the MP and PIP joints and the doc keeps saying "I took a 1-mm s/l wafe of bone"....it's not wave because I'm hearing the "f" sound in there.  Anything like this sound familiar?  He says it over and over. ...

??? Bone Bruise
Mar 31, 2011

The dictation is: "... reviewed his MRI which shows an ACL tear, coallative bone bruises, questionable posterior horn medial and lateral meniscus tears."  Any ideas? ...

Teachers Bone?
Oct 04, 2011

neuro report, "appears to be a bony lesion involving the base of the skull involving the teachers bone" can't find this anywhere, got any ideas?  thanks ...

Ethmoid Bone
May 02, 2012

Spicules of s/l agernazi bone within the anterior ethmoids were removed. ...

? Bone Cutter
Aug 21, 2012

The s/l Horsak bone cutter was used to transect the lesion at the margin of the scapular border transecting the periosteum of the scapular tip.   Procedure:  Removal of periosteal lipoma.     Thank you.   ...

***s/l Fee-b-x*** Bone Graft?...appreciate Any Help
Mar 06, 2013

nm ...

Bone Stalk
May 15, 2013

Dictator in surgery says, "attachment to acromion was easy, due to the hearty bone (s/l stock). Could it be stalk or stock? I have done orthopedics for years and haven't heard that particular term. ...

Need Help - Doc Says Five Five Bone Cutting Shaver...
Mar 05, 2010

how would you type this?  Any help appreciated - thanks! ...

TYPE OF BONE PUTTY
Mar 24, 2010

Anyone familiar with what s/l Acell or Asell bone putty - used in an interbody fusion?   ...