A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Brain anatomy help - MSmt

Posted: Apr 26, 2010

The s/l right cotic nucleus has a lacunar infarct.

right "caudate" nucleus? nm - 1mt

[ In Reply To ..]

Thanks! - MSmt

[ In Reply To ..]
thanks much!

Similar Messages:

Brain Dead On Monday Morning .. Help Please With An Anatomy Question (sm)
Aug 02, 2010

Someone please tell me the correct name of the "knot" or "bone" that is on the inside of the ankle, the one that sticks out.  My brain is NOT functioning this morning apparently! Thanks in advance! ...

Anatomy
Oct 07, 2010

Is there a supramalleolar area of the elbow? ...

Do You Need Anatomy?
Nov 17, 2010

For MT, "recognition" knowledge of med terms and anatomy is required.  It isn't usually necessary to DO anything with that knowledge.  In other words, the MT doesn't have to make decisions based on the knowledge.   Coding requires that you use the knowledge.  Here are some situations that come up for coders in general.  Can you answer these without looking anything up? A particular colonoscopy code can only be used if the scope reaches a p ...

Word Help In Eye Anatomy.
Jan 10, 2010

This doctor is doing an eye exam and he says..."The conjunctiva is quiet.  The cornea is clear.  The (s/l inputrum) is deep with rare cells.  The intraocular lense is well centered."  What can he be saying? ...

Anatomy Site
Jan 26, 2010

I don't know if I should be asking this on the main board - let me know if I need to move it over there!  I am just wondering if any of you have a favorite and/or great online human anatomy site?  I have looked at a few but just haven't found "the one" yet.  Maybe it's better to get a book?  Opinions please!  ...

How About That Anatomy Class?
Jun 29, 2010

"1 spray each nose daily."  Wonder how many people with more than 1 nose this doc has seen?  Do you leave it as is or change it to something less stupid? ...

Middle Ear Anatomy Help
May 06, 2010

The cartilage graft was then placed in the region of the s/l squ-ti-matic to cover this defect created by the atticotomy.   Surgery was to remove a cholesteatoma from the patient's middle ear canal. ...

Anatomy And Physiology
Apr 21, 2012

Hi all.  First of all, wow- thank you so much for all of the great information in this section.  I am a student at Andrews for medical coding and enjoying it so much.  I'd like to supplement what I am already learning and go a little deeper into Anatomy and Physiology.  My library has Great Courses DVDs that look promising.  If you enjoyed a particular set of DVDs or a lecture available somewhere online, I'd love to know about it.  It is extremely importan ...

The Anatomy Coloring Book
Oct 26, 2009

For any MT students or new MTs I would suggest this book.  It's been around for years.  It has very detailed, labeled drawings of anatomical structures that you color in (need colored pencils or fine-tipped markers)  I had one of these years and years ago (before I knew what an MT was).  Helps you visualize the anatomy and remember the names of the structures.  I had fun with it...  ...

Surgical Anatomy Word
Apr 29, 2010

Bowel resection,  doc states " A 3-0 silk S/L "pop" was then used to create stay sutures at the S/L "tinu or tinea" border of the transverse colon as well as the antimesenteric border." Thanks in advance, I'm sure this is a simple word but I just can't think about what it is ...

Lung Anatomy S/l Pickoff
Sep 01, 2010

Doc says:  "There was an obvious tumor mass just above the left upper lobe s/l pickoff."  I cannot for the life of me figure out if this is a real term or slang or if I'm hearing it totally wrong. Anyone know? Thanks in advance. ...

Male Anatomy Question
Feb 27, 2013

Looking for a male anatomy term that sounds like tragus or introitus.  The sentence is "He had a Hibiclens prep and sterile draping of his abdomen, left thigh, scrotum, penis, and _____".  It sounds like he is saying introitus but with a g like introigus.  Can't find anything. ...

I Highly Recommend This Free Anatomy Visual Class On Line.
Jun 19, 2010

all you have to do is sign up, its free.  It has visuals where you match the body part names to the skeleton, some powerpoint presentations, some videos and tons of quizzes.  I am taking anatomy and physiology this August on line at my college, and thought this was be a great self starter! heres the link for those who are interested.  I do highly recommend it   http://www.learnanatomyphysiology.com/ ...

Brain CT
Dec 16, 2009

the doctor is talking about CT brain and says "Dr. _____ did find evidence of fat densities within the falks." I cannont find this work anywhere. Does anyone know what this word should be? ...

From MRI Of The Brain......
Feb 09, 2010

There is adjacent white matter edema and _______ effacement. This sounds like sukel?  ...

Need A Brain, Please
Jul 30, 2010

I found a brain cell!! ...

Brain Fog
Feb 10, 2011

Total brain fog this morning...  Doc says "+1 pitting edema of the ankles". Doc is from south africa if that helps.  Do I write it as +1 or 1+? TIA ...

MRI Of The Brain Sm
May 05, 2011

Sounds like stesias in the right side of the body.  Questioning stesias. ...

Brain MRA
May 20, 2011

There is a _______ supply of the right posterior cerebral artery and a tiny retention cyst is noted within in the left maxillary sinus.   Blank s/l fetal or feeble.  Any ideas?  ...

Brain MRI
Jan 11, 2012

There were also (sounds like presenteric) signal changes involving the basal ganglia ...

Brain Rot?
Dec 26, 2012

me? I am working MT part time and another job part time and can't remember ANYTHING at my other job. I am wondering if maybe I am just too used to being able to look things up at my fingertips or if editing has made my memory more reliant on recognition versus more active remembering, or maybe I'm just overloaded. Anyone else noticed memory problems developing in this business? ...

Brain Dead Here
Nov 23, 2009

This is a burn patient.  The coctor states that the percentage of body area burned is 19 and a 1/4 percent.  How would you transcribe 19 and 1/4 percent?  19.25?  ...

Having A Brain Cloud
Dec 10, 2009

Ever have one of those days when you just cant think? Doing a report and for some reason I am not sure what header to put hypertension under in the review of systems. Help??? Thanks ...

Having A Brain Lapse Here.
Dec 22, 2009

"He decided to quit them......"   Is it 'all together' or 'altogether'?   Please forgive my mental lapse! ...

Brain Surgery.
Mar 11, 2010

The tumor was entered with the s/l kissa and I was able to gradually remove tumor working through the various densities of tumor. ...

BRAIN CRAMP!!!!! Help!!
Apr 26, 2010

Hi, good morning, am having a brain cramp and must not be a wake yet, help with a colitis word,  some type of colitis specificially.  sounds like erythema or tinea colits, something along those lines, please help!!!!  THANKS!!!! ...

Brain Cramp
Aug 05, 2010

I'm absolutely stumped on this one.  The doctor says (and this is the sentence in its entirety)  "The pateint has gotten an IV."  In our company, we're not supposed to type IV; it's either intravenous or intravenously.  Obviously just "intravenous" would not make sense in this context.  What would you do? ...

Help, Having A Brain Fart!
Sep 19, 2010

drug s/l Oprana?  I've had it before and I can't find it now.  In the list of medications but he is on multiple psych drugs and pain meds. ...

Brain Trauma
Sep 21, 2010

The patient had a (can only get a syllable or 2) s/l f___c____ helmet to protect her postsurgical area (and not even sure about that) ...

MRI Of The Brain Tumor
Dec 04, 2010

I am working on an x-ray report for an MRI of a brain tumor.  I have looked on the internet and many medical books.  There are 3 words that I cannot figure out. 1st sentence:  On the pregadolinium coronal thin slice images through the sella, some residual soft tissue prominence is identified within the sella.  Appearing more prominent to the patient's right than to the left.  This idia enhances with gadolinium administration and corresponding today's stud ...