A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Blood alcohol level of 63. - Newbie

Posted: May 25, 2011

Is this correct? He says the patient had 2 beers and had a blood alcohol level of 63. I'm not too familiar with blood alcohol levels, but that does not sound right to me. Even if it was 0.63, wouldn't that be too high for 2 beers? Am I missing something here? TIA!

they all say they only had 2 beers - MissAnthrope

[ In Reply To ..]
you should probably just type what the doctor says. nearly everyone who is caught drunk always says "i only had two beers." LOL.

Ain't that the truth! - Newbie

[ In Reply To ..]
You are so right! I think I actually found it though. The problem was that I am not familiar with the BAC at all. I think it is supposed to be 0.063. Does this make any sense to anyone? If I'm thinking correctly, the patient would be dead if they were at 63, but 0.063 makes sense.

BAC calculator - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
This may help you later on if you run across it again: http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

Similar Messages:

Blood Alcohol Was 0.403 Which Is 3 100ths (3 Hundreths) Of A Percentage
Jul 03, 2010

blood alcohol was 0.403 which is 3 100ths (3 hundreths) of a percentage over what they will take.  Help! I am stumped! ...

Hematogenous Blood Or Hematomatous Blood?
Sep 14, 2012

Sounds like doc says he aspirated hematogenous blood or hematomatous blood. Any ideas? ...

Alcohol Levels
Dec 15, 2009

If someone has an alcohol level of 210, how do you write that?  Is it just 210 or is there a decimal point in there.   TIA ...

Two-fifths Of Alcohol?
Jan 09, 2012

"He consumes about two-fifths of alcohol per week."   Is that right?  2/5, two fifths, two-fifths?  Any thoughts?? ...

Digoxin Level - Dig Level.. Capitalize The "D?"
Jan 22, 2013

When typing "Dig level," does the "D" need to be capitalized?  TIA! ...

Drug And Alcohol Test For At Home MT?
Apr 09, 2010

I cannot believe IC and at-home MTs are being asked to take drug/alcohol tests.  Not that I include either in my lifestyle, but really consider this invasive, especially for the slave wages being offered in the industry today.  ...

Book Of Style - Word Alcohol Always Used Instead Of Ethanol?
Mar 10, 2010

Is the   What is the Book of Style preference? ...

Patient Drinks Beer On A Daily Basis. Denies Any Alcohol Use.
Jan 22, 2011

nm ...

Is This Correct. He Drank "a Fifth" Of Alcohol?
Sep 07, 2010

Thanks! ...

Level 2 Or Level II
Mar 09, 2011

Ok, Level 2 or Level II. I went back to the material from when I was going through school and is shows as Level 2, however, researching via Google comes up as Level II.  Which would be correct. ...

BUN Level
Aug 04, 2011

Has anyone ever heard of a BUN level as low as 3?  The creatinine is 1.1.  The patient is in the hospital for weakness and is not on dialysis. ...

VR: "Vocational Alcohol Use."
Nov 03, 2013

I was ready for "wine taster."  It was occasional alcohol use.  ...

Epidural Level?
Dec 15, 2009

is planning on a lumbar epidural steroid injection. I am not sure of the level he is planning on. If it is at 4 5 or 5 6, I think he has a good chance of relief of arm pain ...

Chloride Level
Jun 07, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a chloride level being as low as 13?  He clearly says this, but I've never heard of it that low. ...

Educational Level
Oct 28, 2010

"Clinically he is doing really good."  And we are the ones making minimum wage? ...

Entry Level Pay
Jun 10, 2011

Hi all, Just a quick question.  In all your years of experience, what would you think would be a fair starting pay (hourly please) at a smaller acute care hospital doing varied types of jobs?  I do a lot of typing for the actual hospital, the two clinics (one inside the hospital and our satellite clinic in another town) and physical therapy.   I do alot of transcription but I also have a lot of other medical records duties as well that I have to balance.  I do ...

Pain Level
Aug 30, 2011

is correct to transcribe pain level is 0/10 or zero out of ten? ...

Digoxin Level
Sep 30, 2011

He's referring to a Digoxin level and shortens it to say "s/l Dij level".  I realize that it's probably not spelled with the j, but if I write it Dig level, then it's like digging with that "g" sound....would you leave it "Dig level"? ...

How Do I Write This? PH Level
Oct 25, 2011

I now the pH scale, but I'm confused by what this doctor said.   "...her pH remained low at 717"   She said "Seven One Seven." She speaks clearly, so I'm confident she is saying this. No other pH levels are given in the report. ...

Re:paycuts Top Level
Nov 07, 2011

The last pay cut they made to me was with ASR.  they did not touch my transcription rate YET, but I know I read on here someone was at the top of their level as to how much they could make and they went from 0.009 to 0.003.  It sounds like this was the transcription rate?  Did they actually cut some of the MTs base pay to more than half?  This just blows me away if they did this.  I have not been on here too much on a steady basis because I get even more d ...

S/l TSL Level 2 - Anyone Know What TSL Stands For?
Mar 16, 2012

He may follow up on an outpatient basis for continued complaints of urinary symptoms.  The patient did fill out a living will requesting TSL level 2 though he does need to notarize the documents.   Does anyone know the acroynm for TSL?? ...

Entry-level
Apr 09, 2012

Hello, I am a new MT looking for entry-level work.  Is there such a thing?  Is there a new law that requires a minimum of 1 year experience as an MT?  Please help.  If anyone knows the answers to my questions, please post them.  Thank you   ...

DOH/DLH Blood Test
Aug 31, 2010

Doc says patient needs a s/l DOH or DLH blood test. Anyone? Thanks! ...

Blood Test
Aug 31, 2011

We agreed to have a s/l v8y and B12 checked on her blood work today in addition to her other blood work. Need help with above term. Thanks ...

Blood Culture
Apr 29, 2012

Dr. dictates:  "The px has possible osteomyelitis and is being treated by IV antibiotics, nightly medicine, and s/l gerdins or veardins grow from one blood culture."  If you need any more, let me know.  Pleeeeease help!  Thanx so much! ...

Blood Sugar
Jun 12, 2012

His blood sugar for s/l tos-a-mean levels were normal as was his hemoglobin A1c of 5.4%.  Thanks for any help.  ...

Does 5 Cpl W/o Spaces Seem Low For Entry Level?
Oct 27, 2009

Also would not get my first paycheck for 60 days. Does that seem fishy? They also want me to sign a no competition contract that I will not seek employment with another company that could be considered competition for 3 years. Is that normal? ...

Entry Level Coders
Apr 05, 2010

I was wondering if anybody knew of any companies that hire entry level coders.  I went to school and got my CCA certificate, but have never done coding in a clinical setting.  I'm also a medical transcriptionist with 20 years experience. ...

Are There Level XV Lymph Nodes?
Aug 17, 2010

:) ...

HELP! Lab (I Believe Cardiology But She Is All Over The Place) S/l MAP Level?nm
Oct 15, 2010

,, ...