A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Bennett and Lowman retractor - Lynn

Posted: May 26, 2011

I am trying to find the correct spellling for a Bennett and Lowman retractor for an intertrochanteric fracture of hip.  Any help would be appreciated.

How about Hohmann instead of Lowman - Olive

[ In Reply To ..]
n

Retractors - Annie

[ In Reply To ..]

There is a Lowman and a Hohmann.  You may need to listen again very carefully or leave a blank if you need to.

http://www.innomed.net/literature/Innomed_HipExposure_Apr2011.pdf

angled Lowman-type bone clamp

Self-retaining hip surgery retractor system

3 & 5 prong rake blade
Bennett style blade
Hohmann style blade
malleable retractor blades
mobile body assemblies
retractor blades for Charnley-type frame
soft tissue blade
standard, narrow, extra large, extra wide, and T-handle blades
standard, square and Charnley-type frames
Velcro straps for hip and acetabular retractors

Similar Messages:

Surgical Retractor - S/l "Turnley" Retractor TIA Nm
Oct 07, 2010

LeMole Retractor
Nov 17, 2009

Has anyone heard of it for a mitral valve replacement?  Spelling? ...

Bowers Retractor?
Dec 09, 2009

Is there a such thing as a Bower retractor or Bowers retractor or something along those lines used for oral maxillofacial surgery? ...

Sorell Retractor???
Dec 09, 2009

The doctor thinks it is spelled Sorell, but I cannot find any documentation for this or similar spellings.  Stedmans only has Sewell as the closest thing.  This is a hip arthroplasty.  Thanks. ...

S/l Closhinger Retractor
Jan 26, 2010

inserted through the right lateral port placed under the liver edge....(Used during bypass surgery procedure) ...

Name Of Retractor Used In C-section
Apr 12, 2010

In a C-section -- dictates:  the midline revealed the peritoneum which was entered, extended superiorly and inferiorly and a s/l leksus O retractor was placed.    Thanks ...

Ritz Retractor
Dec 16, 2010

Ritz? retractor used during ileostomy takedown? ...

S/l Ruhl Retractor
Dec 25, 2010

Cardiac procedure.  Doc spells "Ruhl" retractor, but I can't verify it.  Thanks in advance! ...

Bladder Retractor
Jan 27, 2011

Sounds like "mandolin" bladder retractor in a retropubic midurethral sling placement. Can you help? ...

Aufricht Retractor
Mar 25, 2011

Has anyone heard of a surgeon using an Aufricht retractor in CTS?  Thanks! ...

Ladyfinger Retractor - SM
Dec 14, 2011

The site "Instrument Guru" lists it as "Lady Finger" and says it's the same as a Richardson.  A query on The Great Dictator (about another subject) shows it written "ladyfinger".  It sounds pretty clear just can't find a solid reference.  Anyone know this one and able to give a reliable source?  Thanks.  ...

Skin Retractor?
Sep 07, 2012

Anyone know this type of skin retractor for excising a lipoma from chest wall?  It s/l sins or possibly a-sins. Thank you! The skin was retracted using ___ and then later with army-navy, and the lipoma was dissected free from the surrounding structures using blunt dissection and cautery.   ...

A Type Of Retractor
Dec 13, 2012

Sounds like "colotype or color type retractor".  This is a new one for me.  You would think after 18 years in the biz, you would have heard it all. LOL! ...

Type Of Retractor
Jan 29, 2013

type of anal retractor, sounds like gel pass ...

Woody Retractor??
Jul 29, 2014

I'm typing a total hip arthroplasty and he is saying what sounds like a "woody retractor."  Has anyone ever heard of this?  It's pretty clear, but I can't find it anywhere.  Thanks! ...

S/l Logner Retractor
Aug 05, 2014

Please help...s/l Logner retractor placed in the posterior aspect of the acetabulum. Transcribing total hip replacement and can't find this type of retractor. Thanks ...

'Guru' Retractor
Jun 02, 2015

S/L Guru retractor.  This is for a septorhinoplasty procedure.   ...

DESHASHEAR RETRACTOR/PROBE
Jan 26, 2010

Anyone hear of a spinal instrumentation that sounds like Desh-a-shear.    A ______ probe was used to ....   Using the _______ system, we were able ....   Thanks in advance. ...

DESSASHEAR RETRACTOR/PROBE
Feb 03, 2010

Retractor/probe/system that sounds like "Desh-A-Shear."    Any help would be appreciated.  TIA! ...

Duck Bill Retractor
Jun 22, 2010

Is it one word?  Capitalized? ...

S/l Acorn Retractor In Hysterectomy?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

Orthopedic Retractor Hoffenfeffer?
Mar 01, 2011

nm ...

Purkidge Retractor For Ear Surgery
Jun 08, 2011

Subtissues were elevaed forward and the external ear canal was entered from behind and retracted using a ??**92.89 - Parker** retractor.   ...

Audi Dental Retractor
Jul 09, 2014

S/L Audi retractor being used in a dental surgery ...

Ortho Knee Surgery Help Retractor Name
Mar 15, 2010

Surgeon is using a Homan/Hohmann retractor.  I found both terms in the Tessier Surgical Word Book and also both terms used regarding this arthroscopic knee replacement surgery via Google. What I need is an MT who has some experience with this and can advise me as to which is correct.  This is my first operative report for ortho. I need an Obi-Wan to my Luke! ...

Obard Or Ovard Retractor Used During C Section
Feb 22, 2012

I cannot find this, does anyone have any ideas of what it is, placed in abdomen peritoneum was opened. ...

*Wooltrac* Retractor Was Then Placed And The Bowel Retracted Out Of The Way.....
Apr 06, 2012

I have looked and looked and just can't seem to find this.  Thanks. ...

Anyone Hear Of A S/l *hong* Smiley Retractor?
May 09, 2012

Honan-Smiley, but I can't find this anywhere.  Thanks!  ...

Love Nerve Root Retractor
May 25, 2012

Is "love" of love nerve root retractor capitalized?  Thanx! ...

LeMole Retractor, Mitral Valve Replacement?
Nov 17, 2009

LeMole retractor, mitral valve replacement? ...