A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Aortostenosis or aortic stenosis? - mc

Posted: Apr 20, 2011

In an echocardiogram which is corrrect, aortostenosis or aortic stenosis.

I have always used aortic stenosis - MommaTyper

[ In Reply To ..]
From what I gather, aortostenosis is narrowing of the aorta and aortic stenosis is pathologic narrowing of the aortic valve orifice. Here's a link regarding echocardiography used to evaluate aortic stenosis ~ http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/150638-overview

both are correct. I'd go vertabim, if not clear, either/or NM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

aortic stenosis - not the other

[ In Reply To ..]
ever

not the other....sm - agree

[ In Reply To ..]
aortic "ic" and ending meaning "pertaining to" just like mathematic = pertaining to math.

aortic stenosis is stenosis pertaining to the aorta.

aortostenosis "o" is a combining form and would not convey the meaning of pertaining to the specific stenosis, it would just make the two words into one combining form.

you explained it - perfectly!

[ In Reply To ..]
That was the best explanation I have ever heard.

Similar Messages:

Aortic Stenosis
Feb 21, 2012

normal-mild calcific aortic stenosis in the ascending epigeal function ...

Aortic Root Vs. Aortic Groove
Mar 07, 2010

Doing a radiology report, and it s/l doc says... "normal left atrial, right atrial, and right ventricular, and aortic _____ s/l root or groove?"  Can anyone say if 1 is more likely? found both online?  Thanks. Also, mitral annular calcification and ____ thickening. s/l baselet? baseline? Thank you.. ...

Aortic Insufficiency Or Aortic Insufficiency Murmur? Sm
Aug 16, 2011

Doc states, "There was no aortic insufficiency murmur, third heart sound, or pericardial rub." Should it be aortic insufficiency, murmur, third heart sound, or pericardial rub or is aortic insufficiency murmur correct? Thank you! ...

Ascending Aortic Aneurysm
Nov 22, 2009

Left heart catheterization demonstrated no coronary artery disease, but evidence of a proximal focal ascending aortic s/l thacular aneurysm/penetrating ulcer versus pseudoaneurysm. ...

Aortic S/l *Zena* Graft?
Mar 10, 2010

. ...

S/l *neal* Aortic Root....SM
Aug 25, 2010

The 25-hydroxy vitamin D level was quite low at 20.4.  I have prescribed Ergocalciferol 50,000 units twice a week for 3 months and I will recheck the vitamin D level in December.  William also had a cardiac MRI with and without contrast material.  The (s/l) *neal* aortic root was 4.4 cm and maximum diameter..... ...

Aortic Thromboembolism Word Help
Sep 27, 2010

Under FINDINGS The right common femoral artery was in reasonable condition, and after Fogarty catheters were passed distally down both (s/l perfundasemeris) "per fun da se mer is" arteries... ...

Some Type Of Aortic Aneurysm
Oct 17, 2012

On echo...dilated aortic root with _______ _______ aortic aneurysm of 4.0 cm. Sounds like ______ Haughton aortic aneurysm or "THEEK" Haughton   I know Haughton classifications are used at times, but I cannot figure out the other name with it. Any help with this one? Thanks in advance! ...

S/l Unilactary Stenosis
Nov 03, 2009

Listing in PMH - s/l unilactary stenosis with stent placement ...

Stenosis In Infant
Feb 22, 2010

s/l like doctor says:   Past surgical history of "de??--something or decrease??   stenosis in an infant?  It is not pyeloric or aortic.  Is there some kind of degree?  TIA.  ...

S/l Neuraminal Stenosis
Jun 29, 2010

The doc says, "She has neuraminal stenosis issues with the S1 nerve root."  Is there such thing as "neuraminal" stenosis.  It is not foraminal stenosis.  It is pretty clear that she is saying "neuraminl", but i have never heard of that.  ...

Planimetry Area Of Aortic Valve
Jun 30, 2010

Doing TEE:  says aortic valve is trileaflet and has sclerosis with moderately reduced opening.  S/l planimetry area is 1.06 cm2. ...

Surgery For Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
Jun 15, 2010

Sounds like hypigastric??? ...

Need Help With Aortic Root Replacement Surgery!
Apr 05, 2014

During the surgery, the Dr. says the following: "He is being brought to surgery today for aortic root replacement as a (s/l ben tall?)."     I cannot get this one! Any fast help is appreciated! ...

Sensospinal Stenosis Surgery?
Aug 11, 2010

I am doing a Discharge Summary and under Past Medical History it sounds like the dictator is saying "sensospinal stenosis surgery 3 years ago"? Any suggestions? ...

CT Angiogram S/l Orange Stenosis
Mar 11, 2011

CT angiogram with reported right carotid 40% to 50% stenosis s/l at orange and 35% to 45% left carotid s/l orange stenosis. Never heard this one before. Is he talking about the orange arrows on the actual angiogram pointing to the stenosis??? What is the orange??Help.... ...

Porous Mitral Stenosis
Oct 20, 2011

There is no evidence of mitral valve or s/l porous mitral stenosis.  ...

MTs With Spinal Stenosis And Still Working
Mar 21, 2014

I have had spinal stenosis and spondylolisthesis for years and even surgery with L5-S1 fusion.  Did really good for years but now I am experiencing right leg weakness and all lower muscles ache and burn so bad that I can hardly walk at the end of the day.  I have even gone PT too.  I know I have severe right foraminal stenosis once again by CAT scan.  I took early SS retirement 2 years ago but still work about 30 hours a week.  I find that I am having extreme difficulyy ...

40/50% Stenosis Of The S/l (ostom) Of The Ramus Intermedius.
Aug 29, 2010

40/50% stenosis of the s/l (ostom) of the ramus intermedius. ...

Anal Stenosis And Antibiotic Tolerance
Nov 19, 2010

This is the sentence that was dictated:  "The patient does not tolerate antibiotics well because of a congenital anal stenosis..."  I can't find any relation between the two, does anyone know for sure? ...

ARX/Arx Stenosis And Normal Biventricular Function
Nov 03, 2013

ARX or Arx  or something completely different?   ARX or Arx stenosis and normal biventricular function. ...

S/L Ariata Clamp. Dr. Dictating Aortic Bifurcation Procedure. Sm
Nov 04, 2009

"We gave the patient 5000 units of heparin, waited 3 minutes, and then placed Ariata clamps." I have looked. Could find nothing.  Thanks.     ...

Echo - The Aortic Valve Is Sclerotic, But S/l Opens Without Restriction
Mar 20, 2010

The aortic valve is sclerotic, but s/l opens without restriction.   does this make sense? ...

She Had A S/l Non Faluting Stenosis In The Distal Circumflex, Marginal. Please SM
Sep 19, 2010

And I need help with this word too, please.  Thank you in advance. She was treated with Mucomyst and s/l sent IV fluids.  Does that make sense? ...

S/l *hydrogen Or Hydrogrip??" Clamp..using It In Repair Of Abdominal Aortic Aneursym.
Jun 09, 2010

x ...

Patient Had Micardial Infarction Found With Residual LAD, *daglinar* AC Stenosis. Thanks. Nm
Oct 24, 2011

nm ...

Grade 2 Systolic Murmur Heard Over "aortic Band" Area.
Apr 28, 2011

:) ...

Aortic Aneurysm Stent Graft - "stork Wire?"
Aug 05, 2012

I am working on an ops aortic aneurysm stent graft. Is the term "stork wire" a real term. I can't find it anywhere and my surgical word book is OLD! LOL Thanks for any help. ...

Pt Had A Bicuspid Aortic Valve That Got Infected And S/l Seeded The Tricupsid Valve.
Nov 02, 2010

xx ...

S/l "sapenin" Bioprosthetic Aortic Stented Valve
Sep 28, 2012

Doctor says s/l "sapenin"  bioprosthetic aortic stented valve.    TIA ...