A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone every hear of: ...slip and fall foose-type mechanism? - mm

Posted: Mar 06, 2014

"foose-type"?

FOOSH? Fall on outstretched hand? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

You must be new. - xx

[ In Reply To ..]
That's a common shorthand expression among orthopods. Nothing astonishing.

Not necessarily...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I've been at this over 35 years. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it until someone answered. I then looked in my abbreviation reference, and it was there. I do a fair amount of orthopedics but haven't heard that expression in a long, long time. I'll sure remember it now. Thanks for the education.

That is not fair - See msg

[ In Reply To ..]
Gosh darn, I've been doing acute care (all specialties, all work types, surgeries), and I simply learn somethning new every day even if it's not a new term. I did know "FOOSH," but it doesn't mean every experienced MT does.

There are doctors that just use their own way of explaining things, and not everyone has heard every term in the universe when it comes to MT.

If she had said "s/l brooie," that would be a different story. Then we'd know she was new, because it's extremely basic to an exam.

Not fair is right...SM - Old Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you. It was a condescending thing to say.
Agreed - gmg
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been an MT for 10 years in acute care and now family practice clinics and I have never heard the term until now.

I've been doing this for two decades, - plenty of ortho notes

[ In Reply To ..]
and I've only ever heard FOOSH dictated a handful of times.

Get off your high horse.

Similar Messages:

28 Blanks. Cannot Hear It, Cannot Edit/type It.
May 15, 2015

After giving the information to QAM and TSM for more than a year, I am not giving anymore free time letting them know. ...

This Is What I Hear; How Do I Type It Correctly? CV; S1 And S2 Normal Rate And Rhythm.
Aug 09, 2013

nm.  Thanks. ...

Boss Let It Slip My Hospital Account Is Going To Electronic Record...
Jan 24, 2011

I've been at this midsized company for about 2 years.  As many as 50 of us work this large account.  I do acute care.  Would like to hear from anybody who's experienced this; how long till this severely (?) affects us?  Can you give me a play-by-play?  I figure the boss won't be telling us much of anything along the way.  ...

Ivs Slip ???? To Rule Out Monoclonal Gammopathy; Also Responsible For His High Creatinine.
Jul 29, 2011

Cannot find what kind of test doc is saying.  Any help would be appreciated!   ...

Double Nitrogen Freeze Slip, Slick, Or Stick For Actinic Keratoses?
Jul 01, 2011

xx ...

TTS- Waiting For The Ax To Fall
Sep 21, 2012

so - today I got my QA - 97.97%. deal is it's now the 3rd one below 98%.. with the tagline that came out a few months ago that if you get a 3rd QA below 98% you'll be fired.  So - why do they not do it today and make me wait for the phone call until Tuesday.. I'm probably going to stress myself so much over worrying about it I'll have a stroke before tuesday.... Deal is -- I"ve been applying to other jobs -- not just MT (live in a very small town so anything medical has ...

Waiting For The Axe To Fall Is STRESSFUL!
Nov 04, 2009

The account I am on now is a very large ******** that apparently have in their account absolutely no off-shoring (though I'm sure MQ could get around this), and as o YET have not run into the NJA situations (in fact we are usually behind and being offered OT).  However, I can't help when I'm reading this board and seeing a lot of NJA complaints that this will soon enough happen to us all.  If I didn't come to this board I'd be blissfully unaware.  ...

Anyone Else Fall For Inscribes Job Posting For New MTs?
Nov 19, 2010

Anyone else fall for Inscribes job posting for new MTs?  Practically killed myself doing their test, which was absolutely horrendous, only to be told I didn't pass, but I could sign up for their medical transcription course!  Absolute scam!  Do not fall for it.  They are just looking for you to give them money! ...

Did Transform Fall Off The Map After Their Sale?
May 09, 2012

There are no want ads from them, no one on here complaining or praising them.  Did they disappear after their recent merger? ...

Christmas Carol For MT's - :Do You Hear What I Hear?" Nm
Nov 29, 2009

nm ...

ProScript - Hammer Continues To Fall
Jan 12, 2010

I hear that the hammer continues to fall at ProScript. Word has it that two more long-term employees were let go without warning. What is going on with that company? First, all employees lost their benefits and were changed to statutory along with having their lines rates cut drastically, and now this. ...

Transcend Beyondtext Upgrade In The Fall?
Jun 20, 2011

Anyone know what the upgrades might be? Is it an M-Modal upgrade or changes to be made to BeyondText platform?  ...

Fall In Past Medical History
Apr 20, 2012

Hello!  Can "fall" be listed as an item in past medical history?  Like past medical history of fall?  Sounds wierd to me, but just wanted to check. ...

Inscribe - Took Their Test Last Fall And Passed It
May 30, 2012

I took their test last fall and passed it and was called immediately.  I was told I would be up and running in 2 weeks or less.  First it was calls from different Indian tech people asking for the same paperwork over and over and after the install date came and went twice, I gave up.  They emailed me 8 weeks ago and asked me again to come on board, told them what happened last time and they swore they had all that straightened up now.  It took them a month just to get back to me about a star ...

Pt With Spinal Fx, RA, And A S/l Queen-Fall Peripheral Sensory Neuropathy.
Aug 03, 2010

nm ...

Patient Reports No S/l "podrum" To The Fall.
Apr 28, 2011

x ...

What Is The Correct Way To Type Hepatitis C "type 2A/2C Or IIA/11C?
May 14, 2010

. ...

Doctor Says RF X3. Do I Type RF X3 Or Type Out Refill X3
Jun 23, 2010

nm ...

If It Is Dictated Type 2 Or 3 Acromion, Do You Type 2 Or 3 Or II Or III?
Sep 08, 2010

TIA ...

HELP: If ECG Is Dictated, Can I Type As Is, Or Type In Full?
Nov 09, 2010

If ECG is dictated, can I use the abbreviation, or type in full? ...

MMSE Is Pertinent To "an Abunzant" Type Dementia Of Alzheim'er Type. :/ ESL
Apr 22, 2010

MMSE is pertinent to "an abunzant" type dementia of Alzheim'er type. ...

Anybody Hear From Their New RTL?
Jan 12, 2010

Haven't heard a word about this since they were asking people to apply in Dec. Supposedly 12 were hired for nights and weekend shifts. Wonder if they found 12 willing to chance another new created MQ position. ...

Would Like To Hear From TLs Or QA
Feb 16, 2010

I would like to know what you see as the pros and cons of your job, esp if you work for one of the larger nationals and, if possible, maybe some idea of what pay range in addition to being an MT one might expect to be offered (or fair), ie, x-amount more per line or hour... thank you v. much for any input. ...

Anybody Ever Hear Of This ...
Mar 16, 2010

I'm doing a cardiology report and the doctor is referring to what sounds like a "2 10 pen cath."  Any idea what he's trying to say.  ...

Anyone Ever Hear Of This?
Apr 27, 2010

Company wants me to sign HIPAA Business Associate Agreement and send to them along with my resume prior to testing.  Has anyone else had to do this? ...

Seriously, Does Anybody NOT Hear
Sep 07, 2011

Ours barely, barely, barely ever sends out an e-mail anymore and our QC only sends out about 1 e-mail a week.  Answer phone calls? Forget about it.  Just wondered if this is SOP. ...

I Cannot Hear With All These
Sep 28, 2011

SHRILL, GIGGLING, LOUD NURSES AND/OR SUPPORT STAFF in the background.  I'd like to reach thru the phone and b/slap all of them!!!!! I don't see how patients ever get any rest/recuperation!!! ...

Fed Up And No Win....I Hear Ya.
May 29, 2012

I know where you are coming from.  I posted on here a couple of weeks ago that my husband passed away and I did not even get a "kiss my foot" from this company.  No card, no email...no anything AND my post was jerked off here in a heartbeat.  My CCM knew about it and another friend that works there as well.  I am so disappointed in this company... ...

What I Hear...
Feb 24, 2014

What I hear is, Nuance is hiring a lot of newbies... great! give them a chance BUT... are they being paid the same as the veterans?  Anybody know? ...

ICs Want To Hear From You
May 30, 2014

I recently took a job as an IC, thinking it would be great to make my own schedule. HOWEVER, I have to work when the work is there. There is no making my own schedule. The work flow dictates when I work. There is no work on Monday or Tuesday. Maybe a few reports trickle in late Tues, but then more work comes late Wednesday afternoon, then work Thurs, Fri, Sat, and by Sunday no work again. Account is for clinic docs, no acute care. Is this the same experience you other ICs are having. I&# ...