A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Abbreviating status post - jenbug

Posted: Nov 29, 2010

I was just wondering if anyone has had to abbreviate status post before? One of my docs says " s slash p" for it, and I don't know if I should capitalize the s and p or not. Any thoughts? I cannot find any info on this anywhere!

I have typed S/P before, also I would type it as the doctor dictates, unless the - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
account specifics say otherwise. That is what I would do.

I type S/P as well with the capitals when it is dictated that way. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

thanks - jenbug

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks! I will use the caps then! There aren't any specs on it, so that is why I asked here!

Similar Messages:

Question On Post Vs Status Post
Oct 22, 2009

Sometimes I'm not sure what to do when they say "post" ... something. I know if it is postauricular (for example), it is attached ... but how about post aneurysmal surgery?  It does not seem like it would be attached.  - Is it proper to leave it stand-alone or should I change it to status post ... or actually attach it? Thanks in advance!!  ...

Status Post
May 07, 2012

Plz tell me which one of these are correct/appropirate to use with "status post"   The patient is four months' status post  surgery or The patient is four-month status post surgery   thnx,   Syd   ...

PE Status Post GFF
Jun 29, 2012

The patient has abdominal aortic aneurysm, myocardial infarction x4, PE status post GFF?   ? PE status post GFF ?   Thanks.  :) ...

Pt Is 2 Weeks Status-post S/l NUA
Jan 23, 2011

x ...

Status Post Right S/l Neoplexy
Oct 13, 2011

This is listed in the impression section of an office note, but there is no reference made to it elsewhere in the report for context.  It is a cardiac office note.  ...

Status Post Instemming?
May 01, 2012

history of coronary artery disease status post "instemming" in 2011. I have never heard this, cannot figure it out, anyone??? ...

Comma Before Status Post?
Aug 10, 2012

He has hydrocephalus, status post VP shunt.  Is it correct to put a comma before status post or best to leave it out?  As I work longer, I realize I need to brush up on my grammar.  Thanks for the help. ...

Status Post S/l Laptos Bunioectomy
May 13, 2010

s/l laptos bunionectomy ...

Perforated Diverticulitis, Status Post ??
Jun 15, 2012

sounds like "ELOP sigmoid resection" procedure. ...

Drug - Status Post CHOP, Currently On S/l *trendel
Oct 30, 2009

Patient with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, status post CHOP, currently on s/l *trendel* ...

S/l Status Post Periciferal Hernia Repair Nm
Nov 14, 2009

xx ...

Status Post VATS And S/l Voyage Biopsies
Aug 10, 2011

"The patient is status post VATS and s/l voyage biopsies of the right upper lobe." I can't find anything about "voyage" biopsies, though I have seen entries about the "voyage" of rogue cancer cells. Anyone come across this before? Any help greatly appreciated. ...

Pt Is Status-post CMC Arthroplasty. Patient Had Her Cast Removed And Was Going To Be Placed In A Sp
Jan 19, 2010

x ...

Patient Is Status-post I&D Of A **dermatoma** Of The Left Knee
Aug 31, 2011

My first thought is hematoma but really sounds like a Derm..... Thanks ...

Incisional Hernia Status Post Procedure For S/l Heparin Reinforcement?
Oct 14, 2009

I am not familiar with incisional hernia procedures, but I don't think Heparin fits here, does it?  What else could it be?  Incisional hernia status post procedure for s/l heparin reinforcement of his aorta.  ...

History Of Breath Sick At Cancer, Status Post Mastectomy.
Jul 31, 2010

Oncology Patient Is Status Post A (s/l Talo) Pancreas Resection
Aug 15, 2010

My GP is wandering into new fields on me.... The patient is status post a (s/l talo) pancreas resection for cancer on 06/29/2010. Not sure if this should be Talar Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.   ...

The Patient Is Status Post Revision Knee Surgery. Her Gait Shows A Slightly Shortened (s/l Shy) Dis
Sep 29, 2010

TIA ...

Abbreviating Microvolts
Jan 19, 2010

I know the symbol for the prefix micro- (µ) But I also know it's not preferred to use that symbol in medical reports.  Would microvolt then be abbreviated mcV? ...

S/l 2. Vulvar Intraepithelial Neoplasia Status Post "ze Fry Zation" Procedure.
Nov 23, 2010

? ...

Pt Status Post VATS Procedure. In Surgical History, Doc Says "RVATS".
Dec 12, 2011

? ...

CRIM? Patient Is Status Post Remote Hip Fracture With CRIM Procedure?
Jul 21, 2010

What is this?  Thanks in advance! ...

Status Post Thyroidectomy S/l "farfoid Thor" Carcinoma- Help!
May 14, 2011

I have no idea what he's saying. Status post thyroidectomy s/l "farfoid thor" carcinoma.  There is a slight New York accent to his voice.  Any help would be great! ...

Atrial Valve Stenosis Status Post "aortoplasty."
Aug 06, 2012

? ...

Left Eyelid Is Status Post "tear Os Fogy".
Jun 10, 2013

? ...

Thyroid Cancer, Status Post "racity - Recity - Resucity" Of Thyroidectomy
Jan 08, 2015

Thank you for your help on this - repeats it 3-4 times throughout report and cannot determine this word. So frustrated! ...

Status Post- Partial "audile" Amputation?
Jun 24, 2010

In the assessment, s/l status post partial "audile?" amputation of right thumb. It goes by so quickly, I can hardly say it sounds like "audile" because it's so garbled. Any help would be appreciated. TIA ...

Carotid Surgery, Status Post S/l "IUL" Implantation. Nm
Feb 23, 2011

xx ...

Abbreviating Words That Shouldn't Be Abbreviated?
Jun 18, 2011

How do you treat words that the physician abbreviates that shouldn't necessarily be abbreviated? For example, I'm transcribing for an ENT physician's assistant who routinely will abbreviate medications or conditions in her haste to speak quickly. In a dictation I'm working on now, the patient has "a perfed TM and is on Oflox. otic suspension" (the patient has a perforated TM and is on Ofloxacin otic suspension). I tend to remove the abbreviations and type out the full word ...

Help! Obstetric Report, CNM Is Abbreviating Everything And Stumping Me
Jan 26, 2011

on s/l IHCP?? My brain is just fried..... ...