A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

2 words-orthopaedic - gramercy

Posted: Mar 29, 2012

I just started with an orthopaedic group. I am having a heck of a time finding this test. He says "Negative (open can). Negative drop-arm test." I know there is such a thing as Empty can test but it sounds nothing like "empty can". Sounds like "open can". Is there such a thing? Also, is it post injection, post-injection or postinjection. I see it written all 3 ways online from medical manuals, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

found this in the internet, - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Examination
⢠Moderate to severe loss of ROM, particularly flexion
⢠Palpable and audible crepitus
⢠Associated shoulder weakness with possible signs of full thickness cuff tears on
Drop arm testing, open can test and to resisted lateral rotation
⢠Difficulty getting dressed/undressed

you are the best sm - gramercy20

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks so much! Could not find open can test anywhere. found all kinds of tests and the closest was "Empty can". What is your tried and true MT sample report site that you use?

Thanks again, sm. I always value your advice from reading other posts. You are very helpful.

I don't have one. I just went out on the internet and found this - and one below, nm (no message inside, not my name)

[ In Reply To ..]

here's another one from a site - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Supraspinatus tendon strength is
tested with resisted shoulder abduction at 90 degrees with
slight forward flexion to around 45 degrees (âopen canâ
test) (Table 41â1). Infraspinatus/teres minor strength is
tested with resisted shoulder external rotation with shoulder
at 0 degrees abduction, elbow by side (Table 41â1).

as for the post injection - sm for BOS

[ In Reply To ..]
post, post-
Post is a prefix that can sometimes stand on its own as a word (meaning after); it
can also serve as an inseparable prefix.
The patient should follow up 1 week post discharge.
She is 3 weeks status post breast biopsy.
Her postoperative pain has been minimal.
In the following example, the word post is used as part of a hyphenated
compound modifier.
post-mastectomy scar
See status post

status post
Latin phrase meaning state or condition after or following.
Do not italicize. Do not hyphenate.
S
374 The American Association for Medical Transcription
status post
When status post is used, place a space between post and the word or phrase
following it.
status post hysterectomy
Left 5th toe gangrene, status post forefoot amputation.
See post, post

"open hands test" - tmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Shoulder Mobility (open hands)

Instructions

Preparation

Raise one arm, bend elbow, and reach down across back, with palm facing upper back. Position opposite arm down behind back and reach up across back with back of hand against back.

Execution

With fingers extended, try to cross fingers, upper hand over lower hand. Repeat with arms in opposite position.

Measurement

Measure distance from finger tip to finger tip. If fingers overlap, score as a plus. If fingers fail to meet, score as a minus.

Comments

Many individuals are more flexible on one side compared to the other side. Note any pain or discomfort during movement.

exrx.net

Similar Messages:

Orthopaedic Help Please
Jan 31, 2010

dictating a back surgery follow up.  Dr. says "he did have bilateral leg pain prior to his s/l xtop or x-stop" thank you! ...

Orthopaedic
Jun 12, 2012

s/l geophenoscopy?   TEXT: Examination of his left knee shows no knee joint effusion.  Good patellar tracking.  No localized tenderness to palpation.  No ligamentous instability.  Full extension and 30 degrees of flexion.  Firm end point with Lachman test.  He does have an approximately 4 x 3 cm mass at the medial aspect of the popliteal fossa.  There is no tenderness to palpation.  No redness or warmth.  __________ is positive consistent with ...

Orthopedic Or Orthopaedic?
Dec 01, 2009

I see it both ways and don't use it much myself but it always makes me wonder which is "proper" and why?  Or is it just a matter of preference? thank you. ...

Orthopaedic Word
Nov 03, 2010

Hello Ortho Experts! I'm typing for plastic surgeon who says:  "Pathology returns as s/l osteo-mi-cutis"? I've tried different spellings, no luck. Educate me, please. Thanks so much. ...

Orthopaedic Word Help
Mar 10, 2011

TEXT:  He has pain with cross-arm adduction as well as a __________ test. s/l Belvan retest? ...

Orthopaedic Transcription
Sep 13, 2014

How difficult would orthopaedic transcription be for someone who has never done it, but has been an MT for over 25 years? ...

Sounds Like Systol Boot (orthopaedic)
Feb 07, 2012

She utilized the Cam boot and discontinued it as she felt significantly improved.  She is weightbearing as tolerated.  She has occasional pain.  She is utilizing a __________ boot.   thank you! ...

Orthopaedic Humerus Fracture Brace Name
Apr 17, 2012

Right proximal humerus fracture   On evaluation, she does have a ____ brace that is positioned well with her arm in neutral alignment. She is complaining of it cutting into her wrist. of course he changes his mind in the middle of the word and the best I can do is say that is sounds like "a strike stone".  Any ideas???  I don't think it is Stryker unless it is Stryker zone or something like that.... Thank you!! ...

Orthopaedic/pain Management Exam Word
Jun 30, 2011

He has positive s/l marie fwa reflexes and there are a few beats of clonus.... He says it so fast - the "marie" also sounds like "murray" and the "fwa" is like the foie in foie gras.   Any help?  Thanks! ...

? On Words
Oct 16, 2009

I am wondering on clean void urine culture, do I need to put a slash in between clean and void? Then when I have to write grade II, do I capitalize the word Grade? I have this sentence I am trying to get too. Conization was repeated and showed benign e_____ cervical p_______? The words start with them but I can not find anything, the last word sounds like polarization? If anybody has a isea, that will help. Here is another on too, The pateint was _____ and fever resolved? It sounds like defe ...

Need Two Words Please
Oct 19, 2009

This is a Op Note for a AAA surgery . ..    1.  . . we used the glide catheter to exchange the Terumo wires to the s/l "lun-di-cris" wires.   2.  We were able to pass a 16 sheath on the right and had to bare back the left limb using an s/l "An-u-rex" 16 x 115 mm contralateral limb.   ...

I Am So Sorry But I Have 2 Words...
Oct 20, 2009

does not have a history of migraines, tics, or 'paramyoconus' no varus or valgus angulation of the 'os calculus' ...

Need Help With 2 More Words
Dec 10, 2009

s/l rim plassage-type procedure (for Hill-Sachs lesion) s/l Hill-Sachs lesion on his ray vast in MRI findings   "Ray vast" and "rim plassage" are the words that I can't figure out. My orthbook hasn't arrives yet so I'm struggling to figure out what these words are. Any help you can offer is much appreciated. ...

Words Help Please
Jan 04, 2010

CHEST: There is exclusive _____ coronary discomfort withmyofascial trigger point and two infrascapular point.The first word for the first blank it sound like pulseso. If you can help. I want to say thanks in advance. I have slow her voice downand I am still unable to figure what she is saying. Oh, I guess that the reasonI do not know what she is saying is because she have an accent. Love andpeace. ...

ENT Words
Apr 30, 2010

I have a word I just can't get.  context is:  bilateral inferior turbinates were very large all the way back to the s/l culinae?  no clue, please help.  thanks. ...

What Are These Words!
May 27, 2010

Patient denies any melena changing bowel habits. Medicature(???- no clue what that would be) hematemesis. Patient denies any syncope, vertigo, hemiparesis or parastitious( ????-no such word found, but I am hearing that way) except for the feeling of numbness in his feet. Please help! ...

What Are The 2 Words?
Jun 03, 2010

Complete blood count (CBC) which revealed white blood count of 12,400 with 45 poly's, 12 fans (not able to make out the word), 32 lymphs, 5 monos and 6 atypical lymphs. Stool cultures were negative. The Rotosan (unable to make out the word) was still pending at this time. Please help. ...

OB/GYN Words
Aug 19, 2010

I have little experience in OB/GYN but I find myself having to type a couple tonight.  Procedure:  D&C Word sounds like "Owl" Stirrups and "retro" speculum was used. (Is there a common type used because I could be hearing this "retro completely wrong since he is speeding through it.) Thanks for any feedback fellow MT's!  ...

Two Words
Sep 18, 2010

What in the world do you think this is?  Any help would be appreciated!!   On S/L propap  day no. 1 the patient was without complaints.  The patient suddenly became confused, agitated, and delusional.  Thanks ...

3 Little Words
Sep 26, 2010

3 words I cannot for the life of me figure out!!!  Any help would be appreidated A (s/l gore disease) that show (s/l mememorially) of normal appearance.  Tubules are not remarkable.  Interstitial tissue showed no noteworthy change.  (s/l Pelbees) are not remarkable.Thanks in advance ...

Help With Words
Mar 17, 2011

I am doing a dictation report in Urology and in the list of impressions, the doctors dictates: Hyponatremia, probably secondary to hyperglycemia. (sounds like he says "transficate" artificial and "transficies" amd Zarololyn. These words beginning with "t" have me stumped and in all my time of transcribing, cannot comprehend what is actually being dictated relating to the condition. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance. ...

New Words
Sep 16, 2011

Just a comment . . . if doctors are going to just make up their own words, they should spell them for us.  Who's with me? ...

No Words Necessary
Dec 14, 2011

The numbers speak for themselves: 2010:  $31,960.00 2011, year to date:  $14,368.00   WTF ...

Need Help On 2 Words, Please....
Jan 17, 2012

Doctor dictates: 1.  I showed the patient (s/l Drebbit's) slide on model of difficulty with paralimbic function and difficulty with hot cognition. 2.  He does not have a (s/l visual fold) deformity in the small joints of the hands. Thank you so very much for your help!!  ...

War On Words
Mar 30, 2012

DICTATED:  Checked the patient's glucose meter ASR:  Clicked patient's cocoa smear. New lab test??? LOL ...

ASR/words
May 29, 2012

does anyone on here remember a while back someone was posting about words being left in asr or inserted after making corrections to the report and then getting ready to upload the report? ...

Help With A Couple Of Words PLEASE!!!
Oct 24, 2009

Has anyone heard of the words subcyclic position or sufflolaterally ...

Help With A Couple Words...
Nov 05, 2009

The patient underwent a ("LALEASE") of the left knee. Postoperative day 1, the patient went without complaints. The patient suddenly became confused, agitated and delusional. Psychology was consulted and the patient. Lortab, Lorafen, and Phenergan were e.c. S/L lalease, also I am not sure if I have the post-op part right.  Thanks for any help! ...

Some Positive Words, Please!
Dec 30, 2009

Man, I can see the changes in the transcription industry (admittedly negative changes) have really gotten us down and we're stuck in a mire of complaints, bad feelings and feeling tired and fed up!  I feel the same way, and I feel that greed and the economy are to blame.  But sometimes you just need to hear a positive word to make it through the day, or through the week.  Here is mine - I am thankful that I do not have to spend money on work clothes and ga ...

Just A Few Words Of Advice
Sep 09, 2010

This is going to be long and I apologize in advance, not wanting to cause a long discussion, just giving some facts. I was one who was included last week in the RIF letter from Webmedx. I have applied to about 25 different companies, most of which were advertising on one board or another, major job search sites, etc. I have found that most of them will not even acknowledge receipt of a resume. I have spent 6-8 hours on the computer every day, just searching every web site imaginable. I have re ...