A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Do any of you find that you are - WorkingHard

Posted: Jun 18, 2011

actually faster if you type the report instead of editing with VR?  I have found that sometimes if I type the report myself from scratch, but leave the "speech edited" report at the bottom for reference, I am actually faster. 

So, even though I am not making as much per line as I would for a straight typing account, for some jobs (and some days), I make more by completely typing the job myself.  I make 0.516 cpl for editing.  And in someways I feel I need to type sometimes to keep my skills up too.

Typing tends to keep my attention way more than editing for some reason.

Have any of you  found that it is also true for you?

Are you sure you can do that? - lou

[ In Reply To ..]
I actually do better with VR than straight typing... 300 lph vs 200 with straight. I only wish I was making as much as you were making, then I would be really making some money. Would love to know if they are hiring where you work for that amount for editing.

I think your employer can tell if you are typing vs editing and you are doing yourself any favors by doing it that way. Curious though if you wish to tell me where you work... I've been doing this for over 25 years and do not make that much editing.

I am not sure if they - WorkingHard

[ In Reply To ..]
can tell that I do that or not. I searched a previous document where I did it to see if it showed keystrokes or not, and it did not.

I wonder if they would even care, if the work is done and if I am more productive at times.

I do not do it with every report, but sometimes I need a change of pace (I get bored). And sometimes I am more productive, like tonight for instance.

I was told they could tell if you type a VR text - lou

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, I have those days too when I am really on a roll but still cannot make anywhere what I used to and that is with pretty decent dictators...

I also wonder how if affects the VR machine if you are NOT editing, erasing and then typing? In the long run, I think that hurts those of us who are editing when we should be editing. I can always tell when they hire new people just by the settings on my VR accounts and that is not cool in my opinion, as it causes more work for me to edit that document.
I never thought about it that way. - WorkingHard
[ In Reply To ..]
And like I said, I don't do it often and I was just wondering about it.

It doesn't affect the VR to type a report from scratch, the VR is done with the - report by the time it reaches you
[ In Reply To ..]
The VR types what it hears and that is the end of the VR. The system you work on is what comes into play after the VR is done typing the report. That is what you are able to add words into that it might not recognize for later use when it hears the word again. VR has to learn the voice of the user. The software program is what you are trying to add words to. But remember, adding words to the system doesn't guarantee that it will recognize the word in spoken form if the physician has not trained the VR to his/her voice.
Yes, but then I'm transcribing for less than 6 cents - a line. If it were more than just a few
[ In Reply To ..]
reports, I'd find another job.

Yeah, they can tell. LOL VR reports have tags in them that - are removed if you delete and transcribe. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I have ESL docs that VR doesn't get most of it right, so I highly - doubt that
[ In Reply To ..]
These reports in essence are being retyped by me when VR didn't get most of the report right anyway.

VR - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you are an exceptionally slow transcriptionist or have that 1 in a million account that is good, you can always type faster than VR. It is a rip-off for the workers, but great for the MTSO's. They make more off us. I just flat out refuse to do it.

Yep, sometimes I retype it for the ASR line rate. - Seems faster

[ In Reply To ..]
I also think my actual typing is much worse since I don't type all day and just hunt and peck and fix and fix and fix.

I do it for certain lines or short paragraphs that VR - has mangled beyond recognition, but - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
if I were going to type an entire report, then I would want to be compensated for it. There are certain cases in one of my accounts where it's always the same header & paragraph that VR mangles because it doesn't seem to be able to learn. In that case, I made a macro for that paragraph, and automatically delete the bad VR paragraph and insert the macro, instead.

Similar Messages:

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

Cant Find Help....
Dec 18, 2009

Hello again,   So this test the doc speaks of i cant find anywhere.... "reduction enforced dispensatory capacity (FDC)"  I ve searched hi, and low and everywhere I can think, and I cant find anything.    any help?   ...

Is There A Way To Find Out...
Mar 02, 2010

which MTSO took over the transcription from another MTSO?  For example, if company A typed for a hospital, but the hospital didn't renew their contract and went to company B, can you find out the name of company B? ...

Does Anyone Else Find It Odd
Jun 16, 2010

When companies post a job for a transcriptionist with good "grammer"?? ...

Where Can I Find The BOS?
Jun 25, 2010

Where can I find the BOS?  Tried, but can't seem to locate it.  Thanks. ...

Can't Find It --
Sep 01, 2010

It sounds like 'feena-chietti' sign used along with Lachman's sign for testing the knee. Any ideas?  TIA. ...

Anyone Know Or Know How I Can Find Out?
Dec 02, 2010

When you quit, when does your health insurance coverage end?  The last day you work?  Or the last day of your last month? My CCM isn't answering me and every time I try to look on MQ Central it slows to a crawl and I can't find anything. Thanks in advance!   ...

How Do I Find Out Who's Above My CCM?
Jan 07, 2011

I know I wrote this information down somewhere but apparently I lost it.  I need a 500 page notebook to keep all the CCM info straight - new CCM, new page.  Anyway, I've been emailing my current CCM a question all week and she won't answer.  I don't know if I can search for this information on the MQ website or not.  I looked a little bit but didn't get anywhere.  I can't talk to her on the phone because she irritates the %&*& out of me. ...

Okay, Here's Another One I Cannot Find...sm
Mar 14, 2011

I know there's S-shaped scoliosis.  That's easy enough to find.  How does one hyphenate "reverse S shaped scoliosis" ?  I want to go with reverse-S-shaped, but that looks a little awkward.  Any thoughts?  Thanks for any help!  ...

In The BOS Where Would I Find Whether To Use
Sep 03, 2011

Hodgkin's lymphoma or Hodgkin lymphoma, Down's syndrome or Down syndrome, Crohn's disease or Crohn disease.  I know there is a rule but can't remember to save my life! ARG!  I need a huge pile of chocolate! ...

Can't Find
Sep 08, 2011

Sentence is: Tylenol and NSAIDS are no longer s/l apa-kay-shush. I don't think it is a medical word, means the medications are no longer helping but I can't find this word anywhere! Any suggestions anyone? ...

Can Someone Tell Me Where To Find....
May 28, 2012

the policy on when there is no work available during your scheduled shift, especially on holidays?   Thanks! ...

I'm Sure It Was Sent But I Can't Find It ...
Jun 03, 2012

Does anyone know the LAST DAY for open enrollment?  ...

Need To Find New Mt Job
Aug 03, 2013

My husband has a 98% chance of relocating for his job.  Right now I have the perfect transcription job onsite.  However, I know I will have a hard time finding a job onsite when we move and i am considering the work at home option.  I have done it before and my kids were younger, so i know that there can be problems with availability of work.  I must admit that I am spoiled to first shift, but I know that I will probably have to work second shift.    My purpose in ...

So What Do You Do When You Can't Find A Job?
Sep 29, 2013

I just ran out of my unemployment benefits and I have not found a job. I look for a job everywhere, but I can't stand or walk for very long, so I can't get a job where you have to stand or walk. Nobody is hiring me, too much competition on line. I have no more money and no where to go. I mean I have no where to go, nor do I want to go. Don't want to move in with my ex-boyfriend, he tries to control me. Don't want to move in with my son and his wife, they lost their house and ...

How To Find GP?
Apr 08, 2015

I'm learning editscript when I couldn't understand the GP name dictated. I've gotten a few errors back saying that the GP name was in the header. I don't see it anywhere. I see a drop down for speaker and signing clinician. I can search for the name but if I can't hear it well enough to know what initials I should search for....is there something else I should be checking? They aren't giving me any info about it. Thx for any help.   ...

How To Find A Job Just After Graduating
Feb 15, 2010

Hello!  I was hoping someone could give me some pointers or ideas on where I could get my first job as a MT.  Does anyone know of any companies that are inclined to give newbies their first chance?  Are there any transcription jobs, not necessarily medical, that one could get easier to build experience?  If anyone has any comments please let me know.  Thank you. ...

Saw A Post And Can't Find It Now About
Feb 17, 2010

I know exactly the company you are talking about and have wondered the same thing. The person who wrote the rules must not have a full understanding of the VR program. At this company, we are supposed to adhere to the account specifics to a T if we type on the account, but if we get a VR job on that same account we are supposed to ignore the account specifics and leave it as VR puts it unless there are blatant errors. That makes NO SENSE. Why not train VR correctly in the first place so the repo ...

Very Interesting Find...
Mar 22, 2010

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/andrews-school-for-medical-transcription-c183013.html ...

Is Is Possible To Find A PT MT Job At Just 10 Hours
Jun 09, 2010

per week?  I work FT but my pay has been cut and I need to find PT work.  I think all I could handle would be 10 hours a week.  I could do this on weekends, 5 hours each.  Is this a fantasy?  Do companies want 20 hours per week?  Anyone work a job less than 15 hours a week?  TIA.  :) ...

Where Do I Find My Pay Stub?
Jun 25, 2010

I have direct deposit and am wondering......do they send me a paper pay stub or is there somewhere I can look to see this information? TIA   ...

Will I Be Able To Find Work? HELP!!!
Sep 15, 2010

I am brand new to doing med. transcription as a full-time job, I am reading alot of negative post about this field. I wanted a job to be able to be home with my children and earn a decent income as well. I am open to ANY advice. I have transcribed for quite some time but never for an office or company, I have done work for a few friends that are transcriptionist and then decided to seek training in the profession. I enjoy it immensely and hope I have made a good choice for me and my family. ...

Cannot Find This Abbreviation...
Sep 26, 2010

The doctor dictates, HEENT: PDRLUMI, otherwise unremarkable. Should I break this acronym into smaller segments? I cannot find this acronym on the internet. Does anyone know what it stands for? Thanks for your time and expertise. ...

Help! Newbie Trying To Find FIRST JOB!
Oct 06, 2010

I am a new MT looking for my first job, I have a lot of secretarial experience in addition to MT training. It seems like all the jobs want 2 years of experience. Are there internship programs out there? I noticed AHDI offers continuing ed classes, would that help? Thanks so much for any advice. ...

Cannot Find A Job For Decent Pay.
Jun 16, 2011

I have been unemployed for about a year now.  MQ took over my hospital and thus the entire transcription department was eliminated.  Even the union could not keep this monster out.   About 15 of us lost our careers.   I have looked into several positions and cannot find any company that will pay me even 80% of what I am taking home on unemployment benefits!!!  At 58 years of age I am too young to retire but perhaps too old to learn something new.  ...

I Know I Read This Somewhere But Can't Find It Now.
Jan 28, 2011

Does anyone know of a reference about whether or not cc recipients are typed in ALL CAPS?  I feel certain I've read this (maybe dreamed it?)!  Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Know How To Find Out How Many Employees
Jun 05, 2011

a company has employed?  How to find stats/revenue, etc.  I looked at Bizcompare but the info seems to be old and not accurate.  I am considering a company and want to know how many employees it has.  Thanks!  ...

Cannot Find This Word
Jul 28, 2011

The doctor has performed a biopsy, finding basal cell epithelioma. He found the lesion on the right sounds like "pena."  I can't find this word anywhere! ...

Word Find
Sep 07, 2011

Dictator is referring to a "gala" on the patient's skull.  Also, a postop healing wound is referred to as a "size."  Any ideas?  Thanks for your help! ...

How Do I Find Out My PTO Pay Rate?
Jan 06, 2012

We used to get a notice in the mail, but I have not gotten one in a long time.  I want to use PTo for NJA and get a guess on pay to see what bills I can and cannot pay with this upcoming check. ...