A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

error 372 - blondie

Posted: Apr 01, 2010

Has anyone ever had this error?  The company I hired on with installed ES v 9 on my computer.  For some reason error 372 popped up when he went to open ES.  He tried a few things, but nothing worked.  He is supposed to get back to me when he finds a solution.  Has anyone else encountered this before?  If so, what did you do to fix it?

Even if it were possible to suggest a course of action remotely -- - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
-- and it may not be -- we'd need more information than you've given us. I'm assuming that the "error 372" is not an error from eScription, but, rather, a Windows runtime error of some sort? If so, does it not say what file is involved? (e.g., "Failed to load _______" [probably something ending in an .ocx or .dll extension])

It's usually an incompatibility caused by conflicting versions of various drivers, etc., but more than "error 372" is needed to make any real suggestions, if even then.

More info...sm - blondie

[ In Reply To ..]
It says:

Run-time error 372:

Failed to load control 'ctlMTInstruction' from. Your version of may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application.
Raised at line 130 in EditscriptMT.frminitializing.Timer1_
Timer.

Then that's something your company expert (cough) will have to get back to you on-- - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Have they not gotten back to you with a fix YET? Unbelievable. But, yeah, it sounds like a version incompatibility with one of the platform files and he'll need to ferret out the offending conflict.
No and I am not impressed with their tech support...sm - blondie
[ In Reply To ..]
I was scheduled at 8:00 yesterday morning to install ES by tech people. They finally call an hour late. Then they have this error. They worked trying to fix it for an hour. So he said the head guy would have to find a solution and call me back. Well I couldn't sit by my phone ALL day hoping they would call so I went to town and they called while I was gone. Well this morning I IMed the tech guy who originally tried to install it. He said I will set you up an appointment for 4 pm to install with this head guy who has a solution. I make sure I am here and nobody ever called. Come to find out this head guy doesn't work on Friday. So he won't be back in Monday. I am about fed up with this. I have a spare computer so I copied the install wizard on my desktop to a disc and put it in the other computer, and it shows the same error so I don't know what is going on.
I'm guessing one of two things. - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Either there's something wrong with their install that they gave you (though you would think they would've figured that out by now) or you may have something installed on both of those machines of yours that is causing the conflict (by having installed a different/conflicting version of the .ocx or .dll file(s) needed) and preventing the program from operating. Either way, though, they should have enough info from that error message to know what's going on. My other guess is that Flunkie A (with whom you've been dealing) has no clue so you may have to wait for Head Flunkie when he gets back on Monday.

Sorry ... wish I could help. I hope you're not dead in the water work-wise in the interim and can wait until then. I hate waiting, so I feel your frustration.

Failed to load control 'ctlMTInstruction' from - Jake

[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, I found this suggestion at Microsoft. See if it applies for you and if so, see if you can troubleshoot it: (it's about Vista and I know XP gave the same error, but maybe... I hope.)

The entire discussion is long, so I'll post only where I'd start first--pull it up for the full text b/c I shortened it plus other ideas are given.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.vb.bugs&tid=8b6c920e-0224-4151-b5d6-9a5bf8f866d4&cat=&lang=&cr=&sloc=&p=1

Problem Description: After installing an app to a Vista machine...error is generated when the app is launched by an account other than that of
the user who installed the app:

Runtime Error: 372 - Failed to load control from .
Your version of may be outdated. Make sure you are using the
version of the control that was provided with your app

CAUSE: The app had been installed for just the user who had installed the
app. If the UAC was turned off and a member of the Admin group had attempted to run the app with elevated privileges, ....

Resolution: It is recommended that any Visual Basic 6 app be installed by a member of the Admin Group FOR ALL USERS.

Regards, Jialiang Ge (jialge@online.microsoft.com, remove 'online.') MS Online Community Support

Runtime error 372: cache clean, registry scan/repair, malware scan/removal - Jake
[ In Reply To ..]
Hi, There was mention in the MS discussion I gave the link to above of icon colors for an imagelist control pb--not your pb, and also here: http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/1210559.htm , but what I got most out of this link is the post by Devasis: "To repair runtime 372 error, you can either replace the missing file causing the error, or run a reliable registry cleaner (which is an easier way to deal with). ...."

After setting a restore point and setting one before any next step, on the XP system (hopefully an up-to-date XP SP3), I think I'd run CCache Cleaner (http://www.piriform.com/blog/2010/3/29/ccleaner-v230) and clear caches and then run its Registry tab "Scan for issues" where you can choose to ask it to repair selectively--bit by bit, what it reports (do a restore point before each repair).

After the above, try to install EditScript 9 to see if you get an error. [Perhaps you can find the *.exe file in the wizard program for loading EditScript, instead of running the wizard, but maybe not as important a distinction as cache and registry cleaning.]

Whether you get the error 372 again or not, also I'd download MalwareBytes and scan my XP SP3 system. It's free and/or u can buy it, and there's a forum for questions. http://www.malwarebytes.org/

After e/t I've read tonight, these would be my 2 tactics. And that's my final musing. ;-) I'm sorry you haven't been able to work. P.S. (of course!), If tech support works on your system, do restore points all along the way. Don't put your system into anyone's hands w/o restore points first. Also, update, update, update. Congrats on having 2 systems to play with. We're MTs, ITs, and accountants all in one, aren't we? Hard to keep up with it all sometimes IMO, esp nearing April 15th!! Best wishes, Jake
Seriously, are we supposed to be SM - Tech challenged
[ In Reply To ..]
able to easily understand and implement what Jake just described above? Is this now part of the job description? It's great that a solution was offered, but I am not educated in all of this stuff. This is what the tech support should be doing for you, not expecting you to figure all this out. I'm sure some MTs are very well versed in this stuff, but I'm not, and I don't think I should have to be. Basic knowledge is one thing, but this is above and beyond. JMO.

I got also an error message, but my error # was a - error with ES

[ In Reply To ..]
different one. It was error 424.
this was some while ago, with ES version 6.1.
Maybe you have a newer version of EditScript, so the # changed.

My company emailed me the following:

This normally occurs the first time you log into EditScript, and not again.

You can correct it by doing the following:

1. Close EditScript-MT

2. Navigate to the directory where Editscript was installed on the affected PC. The default install directory is C:/Program/Files?eScription/EditScript.

3. Delete the file named EditScript Headlines.com.

This solved my problem.
In case it does not solve yours, rely on he help of your technical Support.

I would suggest NOT deleting that file. - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless you know exactly what you're doing, don't start just deleting files willy-nilly on your PC, especially on the basis of someone's advice who didn't even have the same problem.

Instead, if you want to try what they suggested, RENAME the file to something else (like add .old at the end of it or something). Then, if things are screwed up, you can at least rename the file back to what it was.

Response to previous post - QAer

[ In Reply To ..]
I have the same runtime error on trying to load EditScript. Has anyone got a fix yet on it? Tech support has not been any help as of yet and I have to get this fixed to be able to even use the program and get to work.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Similar Messages:

Is Every Error A Major Error Now?
Jul 31, 2013

Is every error, both real or fabricated, a major error now? Are there no levels of error any longer?  Seems that EVERYTHING under the sun that can be made up is a major freakin' error.  I would swear that I did not even make any of these and that these are fabricated.  WTH?  ...

Re: Error 372
Apr 07, 2010

I am so frustrated!!!  I have a new job, and it looks like I am going to have to look for another one that does not use Editscript V9  because no matter what tech support does they cannot fix it.  They have even spoken to Escription.  I have 2 computers and neither one will work with ES 9.  Unbelievable.  One is less than a year old, and the other one is a few years old.  I have googled this error and tried all the things suggested and nothing works.  I ...

SR Error
Jun 03, 2012

I read all the time the postings from MTs on SR errors.  Had to share this one today!!! epinephrine - SR put "peanut friend"   Really????   ...

1-second Job Error
Jun 19, 2012

Every once in awhile, I get a job that is 1 second long with the error stating that the audio has failed to load.  I click okay and it's booted back in the pool only for it to be placed second in my queue.  This can go on all day.  Anybody else have this happen?  ...

Example Of Error From ILP
Oct 05, 2013

Dictated:  Hysteroscopy with D&C. Transcribed by ILP:  Hysteroscopy with drainage and clapping.   ...

ILP Error
Nov 15, 2013

Just corrected on a report on 100% review that already went through 2 layers of ILP QA:  "The patient was seen by the M as in Monkey service." I can't wait until they only have ILP QA checking the work.  You get what you pay for. ...

No Pay For Job With An Error
Dec 03, 2013

I work for a company whose policy is that if you make a mistake typing in the job number or date of service or ANY demographic information, then no matter how long the report is and how long it took you to type it and how much you struggled to undertsand the ESL dictator, they pay you absolutely ZERO, ZILCH, NADA for it.  Is that even LEGAL?  ...

An Error I See A Lot
Jan 18, 2014

An error I see very often while doing QA, even though it has no impact on patient care, is a missing comma after the year on a full date, or missing comma after city and state.  I'm not trying to nag, just trying to help because, when audited, the powers that be will ding you for this and laugh maniacally.  Here are the rules in the style guide and BOS for any who want to argue. "Use a comma after the year when the sentence continues after a date: I saw the patient on May 17, 201 ...

Comprehension Error?
Jul 03, 2010

I received a comprehension error due to leaving a blank that I could not understand. So, I guess that they would rather have us guess. No wonder I am starting to hate this job more and more each day. ...

UPDATE On Error 372
Apr 04, 2010

Well, the head tech guy called today and remotely went on my computer, and he could not find a solution to this error coming up when opening Editscript v 9.  It will not work, so I cannot work.  I have a new job, but I can't work because I can't get ES 9 to work.  Funny thing is, it does this on both my computers, and one is an XP and one is Vista.  What are the odds both computers would give this same error?  The tech guy said they have never seen this error b ...

How I Fixed Error 372
Apr 12, 2010

As posted before, I had error 372 on opening Editscript version 9.  Well, tech support couldn't fix it, escription couldn't fix it, so I fixed it.  I did a system recovery where I basically just wiped everything off my computer and started all over.  Vista was basically reinstalled and it was like it was when it was new.  I reinstalled my antivirus and word.  Then when tech support installed ES 9, it worked.    ...

I Just Got Booted Out Of DQS And Keep Getting Error
Nov 06, 2010

Keep getting "user profile failed to load."  On the status page the light is green.  Anyone else having any problems? ...

Error Charges?
May 16, 2011

I am in the process of reviewing an IC contract that states, "Contractor will be charged and deducted for errors found by Company at a rate of $0.25 per error." Are "error charges" a standard in the industry for independent contractors. I am brand new to MT, but this is something that I have not heard anything about, at all. ...

Can Someone Explain To Me Why A DOS Error
Oct 27, 2011

Our QC sent out a memo that date of service errors were ALWAYS critical errors.  I can understand Major, but I thought critical was if it impacted the patient's life. I did ask her and she more or less just said, that's the way it is. ...

Msword Error
Jul 16, 2012

I work for a help desk, and my users are getting msword error when they go to view/sign documents for patients.  The error is not specific, just that msword crashed.  After closing word I get the following error on probity: A non-DocObject is open or loaded. Use File/Close to destroy it. Can someone help me out with a solution so my user can view and sign documents again? Thanks! ...

Scary VR Error
Aug 26, 2012

VR:  has been taking a lot of Tylenol. Should be:  has been taking allopurinol.  VR's way of "thinking" is getting a little bit frightening.  It seems like it's changing context to accommodate its own errors.  I've seen it insert words and phrases that are clearly not dictated but would "fit" with the mistyped term. ...

Really? You Don't See The Dictation Error?
Jan 07, 2013

I left a report pending with a note to the department supervisor to have the doctor review and advise.  QA monitors pendings to make sure they're not forgotten.   Our QA system is very different from that of other MTSOs.  This is the dictation that I questioned: "The right external iliac artery could not be visualized.  In addition, the bilateral external iliac arteries could not be visualized."  The examination was done on the upper extremity arterial system. ...

Remedy Error
Jan 20, 2013

Is anybody else getting an error message when trying to submit a ticket in Remedy? A box pops up stating, "Caught exception: 'undefined' is null or not an object." I've submitted many tickets before, and this is the first time I've come across this error. I really don't want to call support and deal with them. Any suggestions? ...

ERROR IN DICTATION
Jun 11, 2013

How in the world do you have a partial C-section.  Did they leave part of the baby in.  I had to put a QA marker, but we are not allowed to leave any notes unless it is left instead of right or visa versa. ...

Another Major Error
Jul 29, 2013

Thought I was going to make it through today with no Major error but no such luck.  I typed "There are" and they heard "The"  Trust me either way the sentence says the same thing and in no way changes the meaning of the sentence so I get dinged a major error for this.  I really hope these quality people get good bonuses for these type things.  Just another major error to add to my very long list.  More in the last 2 weeks then in my entire career of being a transcription ...

Anybody Else Get An Error On FIESA?
Nov 21, 2013

NM ...

So, I Get A Critical Error...
Apr 19, 2014

I'm supposed to provide feedback. Okay, fine, here it is: It was a typo. I sure learned a lot from your snarky auto message. Why do you have to keep making people feel bad for making a freaking typing error? Whoever is running the show at Nuance really needs to seek help. All you (they) can do is cut our wages and find fault with our work? It must be stupendously reassuring to be you and be so perfect. ...

Got Another MAJOR Error....
Jun 11, 2014

.....for missing a pronoun at the begininng of a sentence... Symptoms started instead of His symptoms started....major error?  I think not.  Minus 1.0 whole point for me! There is no consistency in the grading of reports.  And again I say, this is a subjective error...someone heard it, I did not and it does not matter anyway.  Doctors do not dictate complete sentences all the time. Not to mention the fact that this NP dictator is ALL over the place...go back here, change ...

Major Error - R U Serious?
Jun 23, 2014

These FIESA fiends gave me a major error for leaving out the word "includes" after a header.  It's all I can do to do this job these days with my son seriously ill.  The last thing I need is this incessant nit-picking. ...

How Is This A Major Error?
Aug 04, 2014

radiology. Electrocardiogram shows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is radiology. She had electrocardiogramshows a sinus mechanism, right bundle branch block. The rate is ?????? From the BS doctor (those are his initials) who is a horrible ESL dictator that I spend a lot of time straight typing--waste of my time.    ...

Major Error
Feb 24, 2015

Need advice, should I even bother?  VR transcribed patient is a 9-1/2-year old xxxx.  Got major error and corrected to 9-year and 7-month-old xxxx.   Is that truly a major error???  Of course it was on short report so completely screwed my percentage, so frustrating and irritating.  Let me know what you think guys?  ...

Critical Error.
May 07, 2015

Just had my first critical error ever! I'm so upset. BP number. I know I lose major points but am I in any sort of trouble, reprimand or anything like that? I know this job isn't the greatest but I so need it! Very worried. ...

Schedule Source Error
Nov 06, 2009

Anyone else getting an error when trying to access Schedule Source?  At first it said they were updating and would be ready in about 90 seconds, but now getting an application error. ...

Frame Hook Error
Jan 31, 2010

Anyone know anything about frame hook errors and how to fix them?  I got a new computer and we tried hooking up with my current transcription employer and keep getting the message:  Cannot create frame hook to parent window. any help?   Thanks all. ...

FB Spelling Error For A QA Person!
Jun 29, 2010

I had a FB friend suggestion and I decided to go and check it out:   Employer:  _ _ _ _-_ _ _ (2009) Qaulity Assurance Editor At least now I know I won't apply for the opening this company has posted...if the QA people can't spell, what does that say about the company? Lesson in this is:  ALWAYS check your grammar and spelling no matter where you are posting.  You never know who is looking and for what purpose. ...