A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Wireless Logitech keyboard - Frustrated

Posted: Apr 11, 2010

Has anybody experienced Logitech S530 wireless keyboard wearing out after about 6 months of heavy use?  Mine is skipping spaces and letters. It is very frustrating.  I have ordered a new one, but wonder if this is the norm for them.  I have changed batteries 3 times in 6 months.  I really am having second thoughts about continuing with it.

Wireless keyboard - Frustrated - KarKar

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh great! I just purchased a new Logitech cordless desktop wave keyboard today. I had an ergonomic keyboard that made me feel like I had my hands at an abnormal angle, and did not find it comfortable. This is a wireless keybboard too, but it feels more comfortab to use. That is not my product number. I also felt like the ergonomic keyboard slowed my typing speed down, so I was hopeful this would be the answer - now not so sure with the problems you are having. I do have five days to be able to take it back.

Logitech - MT55

[ In Reply To ..]
Had another Logitech keyboard -- called tem after buying a new keyboard they replaced it FREE

I have had my Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse - since Christmas 2004 (sm)

[ In Reply To ..]
Model LX500 - keyboard and mouse came as a set -

I have had a couple of occasions of spotty performance and the following is what caused it and what resolved it:

-- The "hub" was too far away from the keyboard and mouse (both stopped working completely), with some objects between the hub and the keyboard/mouse. I cleared away the objects, moved the hub closer, and the problem resolved.

-- I had some magnetic clips on a file-sorter thing near the hub. I read somewhere that you just in general should not have magnetic things too close to your computer or they could "short" things out. I removed them and the keyboard problem resolved. This did not affect the mouse, only the keyboard.

I don't know if these will help, but they are easy enough to try. I love my Logitech wireless KB and M. In almost six years, other than the above, not a lick of trouble. I would buy Logitech again for this or anything else.

Give them another shot, see how your replacement does. Maybe you just got a rotten egg. Keep the hub fairly close and the path to the keyboard unimpeded .. and no magnetics around.

Similar Messages:

Which Keyboard Would You Choose? Logitech
Mar 04, 2011

Thanks for your suggestions! ...

Microsoft 4000 Keyboard Versus Logitech
Aug 28, 2014

i have been using the Microsoft 4000 keyboard for quite a few years now and love the shape and features, but it doesn't seem to last more then 5 or 6 months, so when it starts acting up I just order a new one off Amazon and keep the replacement close by until the old one dies.  When looking tonight for my next replacement, I spotted the Logitech wave combo mk550 wireless with a wireless mouse.  The keyboard is just a little different but the wireless part appeals to me.  I wo ...

Wireless Keyboard
Oct 26, 2014

Does anyone have a preference for a wireless keyboard? I'm looking for pros and cons. I bought a Logitech K360 but it's too compact for me. I need the bigger keys like my old keyboard. Is the wireless keyboard and mouse a better deal than just the keyboard? I already have a wireless mouse. Or would it be best to replace both? Thanks for your opinons. ...

Wireless Keyboard And Mouse?
Nov 09, 2010

Does anyone else feel more comfortable with a wireless set up? What keyboard and mouse do you have? ...

Looking For A Comfortable Wireless Keyboard To Type On
Jan 28, 2013

Any suggestions as to a comfortable wireless keyboard to use with my laptop? Currently using a logitech ergonomic keyboard but the keys seem a little sharp around the edges to me.  Thank you! ...

Can We Use Our Personal Wireless Ergonomic Keyboard And Mouse With MQs Computer?nm
Feb 20, 2011

nm ...

Logitech Keyboards
Mar 24, 2011

I recently started having some issues with my Logitech wireless keyboard where it was getting harder to press down on the keys.  I recently moved and when I got everything set up I noticed that the touch seemed to be different.  Shook the keyboard out, took a damp cloth and wiped the keyboard down, etc and still seems to be "different."  I called Logitech this morning and explained what was going on and they are replacing the keyboard free of charge and apparently, you do not have ...

Question About The Logitech Headphones
Apr 12, 2012

Why did they send headphones with a mic attached to it? ...

Am I The Only One Who HATES These Heavy Logitech Headphones?
Apr 07, 2012

I hate these stupid headphones, they are heavy, I do not need a Britney Spears mic..and the cord twists onto itself so bad it is impossible to get a good fit.  Once again..they do not consider what an actual MT needs, just send stupid generic headsets for air traffic controllers and pop stars and do not for one second consider what would work best for us.  I hate having to fit it around my head, it guts stuck in my hair.  Yes..the sound is fine, but the torture of wearing these th ...

Wave Keyboard Versus Ergonomic Split Keyboard
Apr 10, 2010

I was wondering if someone could tell me how using a wave keyboard compares to a split ergonomic keyboard.  Is the wave as comfortable to use?  TIA! ...

Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro...need A New Keyboard, Any Recommendations?
Apr 03, 2010

Microsoft has discontinued these great keyboards and I need a new one.  Anybody aware of a split keyboard that has a really nice touch (remember those old IBM keyboards?) for transcription work by Microsoft or another brand that you really like? I'm open for suggestions please ; 0  My only complaint with this one is the keys are a bit clunky to press down (especially the space bar).  Thanks! ...

Wireless Headset
Sep 11, 2010

Anyone use wireless headset, if so what type? Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Use Clear Wireless?
Dec 09, 2010

It seems very fast and I believe it has a DSL cable. Has anyone used this? I am so tired of TWC, too expensive for what you get. ...

Wireless Headphones
Sep 04, 2011

Does anyone have or know of where to get wireless headphones.  My cat has chewed through the wires of 3 sets of headphones (at $18 each its getting expensive).  After the first 2 sets I have been putting them in a drawer when not in use, but the cord sticks out of the drawer attached to the computer and she found her way around the box while I was watching TV and now my third set is gone.  Within seconds she chews right through the cord.  So, since there are wireless keyboard ...

Using Clear Wireless Vs Dsl
Oct 12, 2011

I have been tempted to switch to Clear Wireless after seeing how fast it works on my daughter's computer. Does anyone have any experience using it for IC work with trascription? ...

Wireless Mouse
Dec 01, 2011

I am just wondering if any of you are using a wireless mouse and how they are working for you?  I currently use a wired mouse and have for centuries.  Since I use mine more than most people, it seems, they do not last.  I am having difficulty finding wired mouse any longer due to being outdated.  I am hesitant in getting a wireless because wireless tends to slow me down with a second of lag.  Those seconds add up and I am just wondering how beneficial they are.  Any ...

M*Modal And Wireless
Mar 24, 2012

Just out of curiosity, has anyone worked for M*Modal using wireless (I have Verizon) with THEIR equipment?  I also have a Verizon air card, but would LOVE to cancel that payment if I could get everything on wireless. ...

Republic Wireless
Mar 23, 2014

I was looking into wireless service and came across a company called "Republic Wireless."  Does anyone use this?  If so, how do you like it?  Just curious.  Thanks! ...

Does Synernet Allow Wireless?
Sep 15, 2014

I'm getting fiber optic installed this week and I believe they said it would be a wireless router. Anybody know what this is? I'm so dumb about technical stuff. ...

Wireless Versus Satellite??
Nov 27, 2009

I currently have satellite (had dial-up before that) and I notice most companies want high speed internet and will not accept satellite.  What about wireless...anyone have an idea how widely this is used as far as MT work IF it it used at all?  Thanks. ...

Anyone Know Of A Good Wireless Headset?
Dec 07, 2009

Anyone know of a good wireless headset?  I am so tired of this stupid cord!!!  Thanks! ...

Please Help, Wireless Router Issue Sm
Jan 02, 2010

I have a wireless router that I hooked up when I had my old computer.  I have since bought a new computer and trying to set up my router with it and get all the through the set up process, except at the end it tells me "Let support know you are setting up a router, were asked to manually input your internet account info, but your ISP did not accept that info" Now I did call tech support (Belkin) and I had a really hard time understanding them.  I ended up just hanging up.  She h ...

Do Most Companies Not Allow Wireless Internet?
Jan 23, 2011

Would like to work for TT but not sure if they allow my internet connection.  Since I live in the boonies, I use Verizon Broadband, which is the card I plug into my laptop and it goes off the cell phone towers (it's just as fast as DSL).  Would most companies not allow me to use this internet connection? ...

Are There Any Companies Out There That Allow Wireless Internet?
Mar 17, 2011

nm ...

Work From Home On Wireless?
Oct 05, 2011

Can you work from home on wireless? Every company I have spoken with has told me no. ...

Switched Over To Verizon Wireless.
Jul 12, 2012

I have had HughesNet satellite for the last 2 years.  This has been extremely slow and lots of down time with weather.  So I was told that Verizon would be much better.  Now that it is installed, I am disappointed to see how slow this is.  My download time is so bad, I doubt any company would hire me or maybe they would, but with all the waiting for downloading of files, I could never get a good line count.   Supposedly Verizon says they are putting up more po ...

Wireless Foot Pedal?
Nov 06, 2012

Does anyone know of a wireless foot pedal? ...

Wireless Headphones For Laptop
Dec 27, 2013

Does anyone have a recommendation for a wireless headphone set to use for working on transcription from a laptop?  Most of the wireless headphones out there talk about connecting to a cell phone, radio, etc.  I'm looking to cut down on all the cords at my work station and am wondering how in the world I'm going to figure out what kind of wireless set would work for me.  Any suggestions? ...

Wireless Keyboards For Work - Thoughts?
Nov 21, 2010

I just got a wireless mouse as a gift and absolutely love it, however it does use batteries and I'm unsure how often I'll have to replace them due to being on the computer for long hours working.  I would love to get a wireless keyboard as well (two less cords to trip over, lol), and am would appreciate input from other MTs who have used them.  Are they just as responsive as wired keyboards, have long battery life, etc.?  Some of them are a tad expensive, so I'm uns ...

Dictaphone Is Comptatible With Wireless Internet
Nov 03, 2011

Hi there, Will someone be kind enough to teach me whether Dictaphone is comptatible with wireless internet?  The wireless I am referring to is Verizon's broadboad "card" that I pay $50 for per month.  I cannot seem to locate a definitive answer on the internet. Thank you! ...