A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Anyone know how to convert .spf files (ShortHand) to .txt files for Autocorrect? - zila2001

Posted: Sep 20, 2012

Thanks in advance!!!

If none respond, you might try google. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Shorthand has a built-in converter - SH user

[ In Reply To ..]
Bring up the main window, point/click on File, point/click on Run File Converter. Point/click the file you want to convert. Point/click .txt. Point/click Open.

The converter runs and you have a txt file.

Converting .spf files to .txt files - zila2001

[ In Reply To ..]
That does not work on SH10 as you have to pick the source file and destination file...and it wont let you choose txt as the destination file. The Shorthand people had to send me a file to download into shorthand in order to convert files....Thanks.

Similar Messages:

Copy Shorthand Files Into AutoCorrect?
Jun 01, 2015

I have a potential job offer but it would be using their computer with Dolbey Fusion and I am not allowed to use Shorthand expander but they said if I have files in Autocorrect they will transfer them for me. I know there is a way to get autocorrect files into Shorthand and I am pretty sure there is a way to do the reverse but I can't figure it out and I have searched for days online without success. Of course Shorthand customer service won't help me. They just keep asking me why I ...

Convert DVF Files So Can Play With Wav Pedal
Jun 19, 2010

I am having trouble converting a DVF file so that I can play with my Wav pedal. My computer will download to a HTML file. Neither file can I open with the Wav. I have installed Express Scribe and still no luck opening the file. Any ideas. Thanks to all. ...

Gear Player Wont Convert Files?
May 24, 2013

Hey guys, I'm so frustrated because for some reason my Gear Player will not play my files. This is the second time this has happened. I don't know what I did the first time to make it work, it just sort of happened. When I get work, the files will automatically go into Gear Player, but then when I try to load to file it says "Converting File" and then it just never loads. It doesn't make any sense because it happens to files that I've already played too so I know they should ...

Is There A Way To Convert Iknowmed Voice Files To Express Scribe?
Aug 09, 2012

The office I work for recently switched to iknowmed. There is no way to speed up or slow down the dictation in iknowmed. Is there some way I can transfer the dictation to Express Scribe?   ...

Need To Backup My Word Files And Autocorrect
Feb 06, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to back up word files and autocorrect. I would greatly appreciate it. Wendy ...

Convert Autocorrect To Expert Type In ChartNet
Sep 10, 2011

I know that there is a way to convert autocorrect to expert type when you are using Chart Net but the person at work that knows how to do it isn't getting back to me.  Does anyone out there know how to do it and is willing to share the info.  I would really appreciate any input.  I am way too slow typing without an expander, makes me feel like I'm using an old manual typewriter LOL (I know that dates me!) Thanks a bunch. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Convert Shorthand 10
Nov 25, 2009

I'm getting a company computer and will be working on that one and mine.  They don't allow Shorthand (or any other program) to be put on their computer, so need to convert my Shorthand to Word autocorrect entries for the work computer.  I would do it manually (you know, one entry at a time) but I have about 4500 entries and need an automated way.   Thanks in advance ...

DS2 Files
Aug 12, 2010

A large doctor's office I transcribe for is now sending files in DS2 format.  I have been using Express Scribe to open the files as DSS.  Is there any way to convert DS2 to DSS?   ...

.ds2 Files
Jul 20, 2011

What do you need to be able to transcribe .ds2 files? ...

? FTP Files
Apr 13, 2012

Have read several ads using FTP files,  I am not sure I know what this means,   would anyone care to share info if you know.     Ad reads something like,  knowledge of using FTP files.    Thank you ...

Wav Files
Jan 15, 2013

I am not able to use wav files with the above program.  I can only use dig files.   When downloading a wav file, I get an error message that says codec not found or no audio.   Can some one help me with this?   ...

DCT Files
Sep 24, 2013

does anyone know how to open a DCT file!?! ...

Mac And Wav Files
Feb 16, 2015

I have been out of the MT business for a couple of years but had an opportunity to do some parttime work. I have switched to a Macbook Pro and used to use Gearplayer and an Infinity foot pedal. Anyone know of something that would be compatiable with Mac since neither of these are? Also, wondered if my shorthand would work on it... Thanks for any advice.    ...

Old Escription Files
Apr 14, 2010

Can anyone tell me how to bring up old patient files on Escription/EditScript using version 8?  My company just upgraded from version 6 becasue it is not being supported anymore.  There are some changes between the two versions.  They did not give any directions, just said you need to upgrade, so do this.  I would really love to be able to go back and check things sometimes such as medications and previous diagnoses to make sure I hear them correctly, particularly when the sp ...

What's The Best Program To Run DSS Files On?
Aug 01, 2010

I downloaded ExpressScribe but the sound isn't that great.  I'm not sure if it's my file or if there's a better FREE program to download.  The files I'm trying to transcribe are .dss. Don't mean to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a program to test on if I'm not going to need it later. ...

What's The Best Program To Run DSS Files On
Aug 01, 2010

I downloaded ExpressScribe but the sound isn't that great.  I'm not sure if it's my file or if there's a better FREE program to download.  The files I'm trying to transcribe are .dss. Don't mean to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a program to test on if I'm not going to need it later. ...

DS2 VOICE FILES
Aug 10, 2010

Is there a way to convert a DS2 voice file to a DSS file, so I can play it in Express Scribe???? TIA ...

Client Files
Dec 01, 2010

I am saving all my client files from the last 3  months, as I have get to be paid.  What am I supposed to do with these files?  I am not getting rid of them because that is the only proof that I have that I worked for the company.  I am trying desperately to retrieve my monies due, but as of now, nothing.  I worked for 3 months and only received payment for 3 pay periods (5 weeks).  This is a crappy company and I only wish that I had believed all of the negarive pos ...

Windows 7 & .DSS Files
Feb 17, 2011

I had posted before about problems playing files with WAVpedal on my Windows 7, 64 bit computer.  Most of those problems have been resolved (thanks to my IT guy and NOT the tech guy at the software place).  However, I still can't play .DSS files.  I'm seeing elsewhere that I may need a codec or to convert these files in some way.  Can anyone out there explain to me how I'd go about doing this?   Thanks! ...

How Do You Play Mp3 Files
Jan 30, 2012

I downloaded test files and a trial version of the MS Word they want the reports typed in.  I am having problems now figuring out how to play the MP3 files.  Brain freeze, I guess.  Do I have to unzip or do "something" with them to get them to play?  Thanks so much. ...

Version Of ES For .rm Files?
Sep 10, 2012

Is someone able to help me with playing .rm or .ra files in Express Scribe? I have tried everything to download one file into Express Scribe. I did it one time, then my free trial ran out, so I had to uninstall/re-install, and now I cannot find any version that allows these type of files. I have also tried a converter, but do not want to purchase one because this is for a test. So, I'm wondering if there is a certain version of ES that does allow these files? OR, ANY other advice is gre ...

Audio Files
Jun 05, 2013

Has anyone had a job which transcribes audio files  I see there is a job opening with REV.  Can anyone make money doing that? ...

Opening .dct Files
Nov 16, 2013

i need to open a .dct file.  I guess I have to download the file to open this but don't know which one to trust.  Any suggestions??? Thanks! ...

I Need Software That Will Allow Me To Manage Wav Files. Sm
Nov 03, 2009

I am looking to purchase a software program and licenses where I can manage my transcription.  I do not want anything that is going to cost me so much per line or so much per MB.  Can anyone recommend something reasonable.  ...

PDF Files Through Acrobat Reader
Feb 05, 2010

I get an email with a log sent to me through PDF files that opens through acrobat reader.  The text fonts are so small sometimes it is very very straining to read.  Does anyone know how to make it larger?  Or can it be opened through something else to make it work?  Any help appreciated by these old eyes. Thank you ...

Can You Play Wav Files On Windows 7?
Mar 15, 2010

I went from Windows XP to Windows 7 and now cannot play any wav voice files.  Anybody know how to enable wav files on Windows 7? ...

Wave Files/C Phone
Mar 28, 2010

Hi: I don't mean to be stupid, but I am in the same boat a lot of you are and I can't t take this anymore. I started applying at other places but I have never worked for a co. that didn't supply me with all computer equip.  I have a newer Dell computer and I think it meets all the requirements most places are asking for and I have Word Perfect not MS Word.  I have a USB foot pedal.  I think I am ready to go for some places, but can someone briefly educate me on ...

ChartScript.net Voice Files
May 25, 2010

Does anyone get a error like this in Chartscript.net?  "Voice file failed to load.  Object does not support this property or method."  I need help fixing it.  Thank you! ...

Wave Files Player
Sep 02, 2010

Can someone point me in the direction of a very simple, easy to download and use, free voice wave player for transcribing test documents. Unfortunately I was one of the reduction in force letter recipients at Webmedx and now must do some testing.  Thanks for the help and all the support we have received on this board, it is nice to be a part of such a supportive group. ...

Tapes To Wave Files
Jan 18, 2011

I'm trying to find equipment/info that will convert microcassettes and mini cassettes to voice files.  I found a company called Martel Electronics and they have exactly what I'm looking for but when you click on it to buy the equipment it skips over and goes to like a home page.   I need something that will duplicate the tapes in speed recording time and not minute for minute or it will take me forever to convert.   Any help would be appreciated.  TIA ...