A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

typing in Word.. please see message - mt12

Posted: Feb 15, 2011

I am typing a new account in Word for the first time and cannot find how to drop a number, i.e. CHADS2 score, to make the 2 go below the "line."  TIA

typing in Word - an

[ In Reply To ..]
Select the text that you want to format as superscript (superscript: Describes text that is slightly higher than other text on a line, such as a footnote reference mark.) or subscript (subscript: Describes text that is slightly lower than other text on a line. Subscripts are often used in scientific formulas.).
On the Format menu, click Font, and then click the Font tab.
Select the Superscript or Subscript check box

Thank you SO MUCH! - mt12

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you thank you thank you!

You're very welcome - an

[ In Reply To ..]

Keyboard shortcuts: subscript Ctrl+Equal Sign; superscript Ctrl+Shift+Plus Sign - n/m Keyboard faster

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

You are a life saver! Thank you! Do you by chance have a keyboard shortcut for bullets? - mt12

[ In Reply To ..]

Ctrl+Shift+L is built-in shortcut for bullet list. - n/m Keyboard faster

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! - mt12
[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Typing In Word
Nov 02, 2011

Lately, when I am typing in Word, the typing just stops.  The words don't even catch up with themselves.  I have to go back and retype.  I am a fast typist, I think, but not that fast!  Any suggestions?  Thanks. ...

Word Help, See Message
Jul 15, 2010

Here is the sentence. I cannot make out the word between mucin and into.   There was just a single slide that demonstrated mucin  (sounds like dissect)   into the deep submucosa. ...

Is Nadired A Word? Please See Message..
Apr 18, 2011

The patient has ovarian carcinoma and the doc is saying that she completed her chemotherapy in August 2007 when her CA-125 s/l nadired at 4. ...

Plasmapheresis, When Typing The Word Pheresis Is It Pheresis Or Phoresis?
Mar 02, 2011

. ...

Word Clearly Sounds Like "E Force." See Message....
Jul 01, 2013

This doctor clearly dictates the word, E force, but I can't document it anywhere.  He dictates it in the following sentences.  (1)  "He has no neurocognitive slowing.  E force consistent with medication compliance with the Xanax 0.5 mg b.i.d."  (2)  "He has a clear sensorium.  E force is checked." Thank you very much for your help.    ...

Typing Without QA
Apr 06, 2010

You know, I think I am typing better and faster without the fear of QA hanging over me.  I never thought they were extremely helpful anyways.  Usually they couldn't fill in the blanks and just nit-picked the report like a pecking bird.  I have never had a report sent back from a client (knock on wood) because they were unhappy with anything.  I spent far more time trying to please QA than the hospitals and doctors (and have told my supervisor that more than once).  ...

Typing Into EMR
Mar 20, 2012

For those of you who are typing directly into EMR/EHRs, how are you accessing the voice files? Is it coming directly from the EMRs or do you have to grab them separately. I've been asked to type directly into an office's EMR and am curious how this is going to work. It sounds like some are charging per audio minute and others per hour. I'm trying to keep my job relevant and go with the flow. Thanks to all who post their situations. At least we can all pull together, learn and keep ...

Vic Pro Typing
Jun 19, 2012

Does anyone have the email address for this company? I can't find their post.  Thanks. ...

Typing?
Jan 08, 2013

Are there ANY companies that do straight typing anymore or is every VRE.  It truly sucks as I've lost 4 cents line to VRE and making more than 60% less than I did straight typing.  ...

Typing
May 15, 2013

Does anyone know of any transcription company that deals with strictly typing and not VRE? ...

Importing Bayscribe Word Expander Into Word 2010 Autocorrect
Jun 25, 2015

Is there a way to import or convert my Bayscribe word expander file (thousands of entries) into 2010 MS Word's autocorrect and/or dictionary?  Thank you. ...

Is It Possible To Upgrade Microsoft Word 2000 To Word 2003?
Jul 01, 2010

I have Microsoft Word 2003. Is it possible to upgrade it online to Word 2003? A company I worked for for a short time did it. If it's possible, can someone give me the link? I looked on Microsoft.com but don't see it. ...

In Microsoft Word, Is There A Way To Find A Particular Word In A Document? I Have 20 Pages And I Nee
Mar 01, 2011

. ...

Help Please!!!Changing Comma To Period, Capping Next Word....in Word
Nov 07, 2014

Is there a way in AutoCorrect (Word 2010) to change a comma to a period and then cap the next word to make VR go a little faster?  The platform at my old company did this automatically, but MS Word does not : ( This is so frustrating having to change from a comma to a period (or vice versa)--which as you all know happens constantly...and then change the next word to be capitalized (or uncapped)....my wrists are killing me, not to mention it takes so much TIME..... There HAS to be a better ...

Help, Please! Changing Comma To Period And Capping Next Word In MS Word....
Nov 08, 2014

Is it possible to do this in MS Word 2010?  I'm using AutoCorrect and there isn't a way to do it that I know of.  What do all of you doing VR do for the CONSTANT having to change a comma to a period and cap the next word easily?  Any suggestions would be SOOOOO very appreciated.  ...

Typing Bliss
Nov 06, 2009

This has to be a fluke, but for the 1st hour of my shift today... nothing but straight typing. I was so excited job after job, my fingers were flying, life was back to normal, ASR nonexistant for a brief moment in time! I typed 314 lines in my first hour of work.   WHY OH WHY, MEDQUIST, CAN'T YOU FIGURE OUT THAT I AM SO MUCH MORE PRODUCTIVE WITHOUT ASR?  If I make money, you make money!   It really is that simple. ...

Typing-Baking-Baking-Typing
Dec 22, 2009

I put drop cookies in the oven, set the timer for 12 minutes, then race to my computer and type.  The timer goes off, I race to the kitchen, take out the cookies, put in more and set the timer again and off I go to my computer to type.  I have come to this conclusion: Drop cookies 12 minutes = enough time for an FU visit, outpatient note or short procedure. Bar Cookies 30-35 minutes = enough time for a consult, H&P, discharge summary or new patient office note. Now, this has got ...

Anyone Else Get Queasy When Typing
Mar 12, 2010

traumas and such? I had just sat down with a glass of V8 (no joke) and started to work and my first report is about a patient who slit a wrist. Now I'm queasy and nauseous and the V8 is going back in the fridge. This is how I know I'm in the right place in the medical field....no way I could be there and see this stuff firsthand. Blech. ...

Would Like To Know If I Am Typing This Correctly SM
Mar 14, 2010

Dictated:  ....recently diagnosed with 1p minus and 4q minus deletions. Transcribed:  ...recently diagnosed with 1p- and 4q- deletions. ...

WR Typing And Coding
Apr 30, 2010

Any info on them? Supposed to be out of AL but when I google them, nothing comes up.  ...

Has Anyone Noticed More Typing?
Jun 24, 2011

Not complaining,mind you, but what's going on.  I'm up to 10% transcription for this pay period.  Did they decide to cut back on the SR, were their complaints by doctors saying they liked it better when we typed?  LOL  just wondering if anyone has noticed it and/or knows why. ...

Who Has Straight Typing ...
Sep 21, 2010

NM ...

MQ Typing Versus ASR And Our Pay.
Oct 01, 2010

A very interesting post over in the VR forum which is proof IMO why we are going so broke doing ASR, and isn't even taking into account how horrible MQ DocQSpeech software is. Yesterday I had a 10-minute ASR report and I ended up typing at least 50% of it. Several times I thought of doing F11 on that report. Unfortunately, using F11 part way through a report while saving the text you have done so far on note pad, and then pasting it back in rather than starting all over, however, can ...

Missing HPs When Typing DSs?
Oct 02, 2010

Okay, I have had the suspicion that MQ programmed something when you bring up old reports when typing a discharge summary that the H&P doesn't show up.  Today, the dictator doing the DS plainly stated that she was reading right off the H&P.  I went to check in the old reports to maybe get some quick lines, but it wasn't there...as usual.  I typed what she said and realized that I had already typed this before and that I was the one that typed the original H&P ...

ASR Vs Straight Typing
Oct 15, 2010

Got new accounts for the last 2 weeks that are not ASR (yet) so have been doing about 90% straight typing.  I have been averaging about $20 more per day than when I do ASR.  They can sell whatever snake oil they want, I can type faster and make more money straight typing than I can with their much-touted fabulous ASR --- EVEN ON BRAND NEW UNFAMILIAR ACCOUNTS.  ...

Typing Numbers
Dec 10, 2010

How do you type times one week?  (x 1 week or x one week) Please help. ...

What Happened To Typing???
Jan 16, 2011

SR sucks.  This is not why I became an MT, to listen and correct.  I wanted to type, but rarely get the opportunity outside of making corrections. ...

Typing Speed Of MT's
Feb 17, 2011

No one seems to talk about typing speed these days.  I see a huge difference in earning ability of an MT by their typing speed.  I get resumes and people don't even put their typing speed on a resume often.  I have to go back and ask them.  It is the best ruler out there.  Are there any 100 wpm typists out there looking for clinic work, M-F, 9-5?  Since we all work by production, obviously the faster you type, the more you will earn (and happier you will be) bu ...

Typing Reflexes
May 09, 2011

the doc says reflexes are "one-half over four"  do i type 1/2 over 4, 1/2/4 confusing ...

Typing Speed
Jun 07, 2011

Does anyone know what the expected typing speed is to get a job - have lots of experience, but ASR work has slowed my typing speed! ...