A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

please help w/ backspace problem - sm - bbb

Posted: May 19, 2011

This new computer is going to drive me nuts.  The backspace is so SLOW.  Any way to speed this up?  Tricks you might have?

I asked tech support and they told me it was a problem they were aware of but nothing could be done.   Unbelievable -- this is all we do (work on computers) but "backspace issue" cannot be resolved.  Frustrated !!!!

TIA for any suggestions.

Backspace? - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Are you referring to the backspace key on the key pad, or the "backspace" on the foot pedal?

backspace on keyboard - bbb

[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry, should have been clearer. When I'm editing, easier to backspace over areas and it is so slow. My previous computer didn't have this problem. It's really slowing me down. :-(

Oh, okay - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I started using keystrokes to highlight then delete. I was using the backspace, but darn it was going too fast and ended up accidentally F-11-ing reports!

So, maybe use keystrokes instead of the backspace key.

We're supposed to highlight and type over when we edit-not - backspace over it!

[ In Reply To ..]
That's what was ground into my skull from the training, anyway.
I believe you but it is much slower that way - bbb
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Getting Used to Keystrokes - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
It's really not slower once you get going with it. Ctrl + Shift + left arrow when you're at the end of the last letter goes pretty fast. Ctrl + Shift + right arrow when you're at the beginning of the first letter. Works even here on the forum. I used to hate it, but your fingers get used to it!

keyboard - ket

[ In Reply To ..]
My keyboard is "installed" so it's in the list of programs. I open it, and there are options for changing the speed of repeat and cursor blink, among other things.

Similar Messages:

Looking Up Doctors While In Report; Backspace Too Far
Oct 05, 2012

UGG.  I am really frustrated.  While in a report, the info I have written down about looking up doctors isnt working.  Anyone give me easy instructions?  Also, my backspace is set to 3 which I was told to do, but still goes back like 2 sentences.  HELP!! ...

C-phone Programming...voice Backspace. Please Help!
Aug 07, 2011

I always research before I ask a question and have searched the archives for the last hour or so.  I am reviewing reports via the C-phone and am in desperate need of a backspace option.  For example, when I let off the foot pedal, the dictation resumes exactly where it left off.  It would make my job so my easier if the voice would "go back" about 2 seconds so that I don't miss any dictation. I have read numerous on-line manuals, but the instructions are so vague.  ...

How To Adjust The Auto Backspace On The Footpedal?
Mar 09, 2013

Can someone tell me how to adjust the auto backspace on the footpedal? Thank you ...

Change Auto Backspace On Foot Pedal
Feb 27, 2012

Can someone tell me how to make this adjustment please?  Thanks! ...