A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

laptops - vc

Posted: Mar 13, 2011

Just got a laptop and want to download DocQscribe - I thought the way to do it was to go into DocQmanage and click on DocQscribre and then download - I haven't actually tried it yet because when I click that it says "this site wants to run the add-on Speech Machines, Web Correct Version, blah blah - is that want I want to download - I thought it would say DocQscribe - maybe I should just call tech support tomorrow.  Also, I have Windows 7 and I read on here people were having problems with it working with 7  - anybody have problems with that?

What version? - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I was told DQS uses a 32 bit OS, and Win 7 Premium, the version on most new computers is 64 bits. In the Professional version you can switch between 32 and 64 bits, although Support advises against it.

I wound up having to get a refurb with XP, since I don't want a MedQuist computer. The computers MQ gives out are XP, so I don't them switching to Win 7 anytime soon.

laptops - vc

[ In Reply To ..]
Hmmm - it says 64 - darn. Well I already use a Medquist computer for my normal day - just thought I'd add it to laptop in case I ever wanted it elsewhere - I may ask tech support and see what they say about it.

not working - vc

[ In Reply To ..]
So I tried it with no success. Somewhere else on here someone said you had to run IE as administrator, so I did that, went into DocQmanage and tried to download but it came up with "could not deploy object installer" Any clues?
That only works with the Professional version. - Anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Annoying, huh!

Similar Messages:

Do Laptops Usually Have Shortcut Keys To Get To The Internet?
Feb 03, 2010

nm ...

Need Suggestions On Dell Laptops For Work
Apr 25, 2012

I am finally going to do it.   My desktop is ancient and I am starting a new job and figured I would go for it and get a laptop for work since I need a computer anyway.  I prefer Dell as I am familiar with them and have had no problems.   Any suggestions on what works well for our line of work?  TIA!!!! ...