A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

laptop with docking station, can you use footpedal? - KT

Posted: Jan 07, 2012

I am shopping for a laptop to work on.  I just found that I can buy a docking station to hook into my bigger monitor and use wireless keyboard and mouse, but has anyone used one before with a footpedal?  I'm hoping that using a docking station doesnt somehow interfer with using a footpedal.  Let me know what your experience was or if you know anything about this please.

Yes, as long as it has a USB port for your footpedal - Mrs. Pass

[ In Reply To ..]
If you use an older pin pedal it will not work, but a USB will work on a docking station (I use one myself). :)

Similar Messages:

Footpedal Is Able To Be Used With A Laptop?
Oct 24, 2009

Does anyone know if a footpedal is able to be used with a laptop? Thanks. ...

Checked Legality Of Docking Pay During PM
Jun 01, 2015

Because we are hourly employees, the can legally punish us during PM as long as they pay us minimum wage. Drop me to a penny a line, and I'm out of here no matter whether or not I have any new job prospects! I haven't gotten past the first level of PM, but with the capricious way they grade and a mere 2 minor errors will flunk an audit, not matter how hard you try, you are always in imminent danger. Unless... you are amongst the lucky ones with proper ASR output. I think I ...

Re Docking Pay For Not Meeting Accuracy. It Is Back To
Jan 09, 2012

the accuracy level but instead of taking responsibility for that, turns it around on the MTSO as being wrong for penalizing them for not meeting the company's accuracy expectations.  You know what they expect and you know what the penalty is if you cannot meet that expectation.  How is that wrong on the MTSO's part?  You cannot control the actions of the MTSO, you can only control your own actions and if you cannot meet accuracy, how is that a problem of the MTSO? ...

Instead Of Docking Us For Not Understanding And Leaving Blanks
Oct 27, 2013

for rushing through reports like they are on fire?  Makes sense to me! ...

The Broadcast Is Spreading From Station To
Apr 27, 2012

like an infection... ...

Work Station/computer Desk
Nov 30, 2011

I am needing to downsize from a large computer armoire to a smaller workstation. Has anyone found something they are happy with? I find that most of them have too narrow of a keyboard shelf for our larger keyboards plus the mouse. I don't need much - just room for the monitor to set on top and somewhere to put the PC. Also, so many that I look at do not have room underneath them for the foot pedal. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

Patient In Labor, Station -3, Cervix CA And CC, Is This Correct? Sm
Apr 06, 2010

I just never heard those terms before, cervix CA and CO, station -3, effaced......   Thanks ...

How Can I Keep My Footpedal
Oct 16, 2013

It really drives me nuts.  I don't have carpet on the floor and my footpedal just constantly slides away from me.  Have to reach out with my foot and pull it back.  I tried putting a carpet square under it but that doesn't work, that slides too.  Any suggestions? TY ...

Footpedal Help
Aug 15, 2014

I currently am using a dictaphone footpedal for ExText, but I am in the process of upgrading to Windows 7 and was told the version of ExText upgrades and I need a USB-2 footpedal. Does anyone know if this can be replaced by the dictaphone or do I absolutely need to have a USB-2? TIA! ...

Editscript And USB Footpedal
Nov 18, 2009

I have a VEC USB port. I cannot seem to get it to work in EditScript. I also have Express Scribe. Is there a way to get the foot pedal to work. Checked Belkin instructions, and there is no foot pedal listed in my ports. BTW, don't have Belkin so wont work anyway. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Footpedal Or Keyboard.sm
Mar 19, 2010

For those of you who are experienced with VR, do you use the footpedal to control the audio or the keyboard.   I am new to this.  I am used to using the footpedal but have heard from a couple of others that using the keyboard to control audio seems to be faster for them. I would like some opinions please.  Also, maybe you could tell me how long your learning curve was.  How long did it take to get your speed up to the point that you were making what you could make trans ...

Question On Footpedal
May 26, 2010

I need to know what footpedal is great to start out on to do my practice transcription? Just listening to Cd's is what I am dictating off from? The second thing what headphone would you go with also? Looking not too spend a lot of money either for headphones. Been looking in classifieds but want to hear form others first!   Thanks ...

ExpressScribe And Footpedal
Oct 11, 2010

I have used expressScribe before with my footpedal... but I have forgotten how to hook it up!!!  What I mean is I stopped using ExpressScrbice for a while and deleted it from my computer- I just re-loaed it and now I cant use my footpedal!!   Can some one help me in setting this up again?!?!  Thanks!!! Jess ...

Footpedal Question
May 14, 2011

I have a Dictaphone foot pedal, an IN-150.   Is this the same as an IN-USB1?   Thanks. ...

Footpedal - Anywhere To Get One Cheaper?
Sep 29, 2011

Anyone know a website for cheap footpedals?  What I looked at was $75.  Is there anywhere to get one cheaper?  That's for the Infinity usb pedals. ...

Footpedal Sticking
Mar 09, 2012

Does anyone have any suggestion to stop a footpedal from sticking?  I have to push on it several times to get the voice to play and then when I lift my foot up the voice files continues to play.  I tried blowing in it to remove dust but that didn't help.  It just started this morning and it is driving me crazy!!! Thanks in advance! ...

Footpedal With Medialplayer
Apr 24, 2012

I have this doctor who wants me to do some transcription for him at home.  He dictates on some kind of digital "thing" (his words) and then removes the flash drive from it, which he will give to me to take home.  I am to stick this in my computer and it will play the files on Media Player.  I guess I get to type in plain old Word, pretty old school.  How do I get my foot pedal to work with Media Player?  It's just your standard old generic USB connected foot pedal ...

Does MT Test Allow Use Of A Footpedal? If Not,
Feb 12, 2013

nm ...

Footpedal For Chartnet?
Jun 17, 2013

Does dictaphone footpedal work with chartnet, or do I have to have a USB-1 or USB-2 pedal? TIA. ...

Testing -- Using Footpedal?
Jun 13, 2014

Last time I tested I was unable to get the footpedal to work with it and had to use hand controls to stop start.  PITA!!!   Is there a secret to getting this to work or are there some companies whose test dictations work better with foot control?  ...

Footpedal Issues
Nov 21, 2014

Hi all. I am using the Infinity USB-2 footpedal with Windows 7.  Recently, I started experiencing a problem wherein when I remove my foot from the play switch the dictation does not stop.  I try tapping the switch again and nothing happens.  I simply have to stp the dictation manually and exit my transcription program and then reopen the file and fast forward to the spot where I left off previously and continue transcribing.  I have noticed that this generally only happens wi ...

Escription Footpedal Problem
Nov 21, 2009

I'm using a USB footpedal (9-pin with an adaptor). Usually it works fine. From time to time I can't get it to work.  It has something to do with the settings. I know how to choose a setting (COM2, COM3, etc) in Escription. But I think it has to match the setting on the computer and that's what I forget how to do.  Can anyone help?  When I have a VR job it doesn't matter but when a regular transcription job comes along I need the pedal to work.  Thanks ...

Footpedal Adapter & Other Questions
Sep 29, 2011

I am researching getting some at-home work for either medical or regular transcription via the internet.  I am a very experienced med transcriptionist but am very hesitant to work for a national company due to a previous bad experience.  Can anybody give me a rundown on what the best equipment would be?  I am looking at an Infinity USB footpedal (do I also need a 9-point serial adapter for versatility? I do have an Olympus Pearlcorder T1000 micro-cassette transcriber, but am wonde ...

Footpedal Mystery, Ideas Anyone?
Dec 09, 2011

I need to work in bed for a few weeks due to a leg injury. Does anyone have any ideas so I can use my footpedal?  I have been trying to think of something to use besides pillows to hold it in place at the right angle but I'm not having much luck.  Figured one of my brilliant peers would have ideas!! ...

Getting Footpedal To Work With Bayscribe
Jun 13, 2012

Not sure what I am doing wrong, but when I go into "Transcription Productivity Tools," I put in my  "user name and password information and hit next available job," but I see no where to try to configure my foot pedal.  Just the demographics for the job.  Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or am I missing a step somewhere?  Thanks :) ...

Dictaphone TransNet W/o Footpedal
Feb 15, 2014

My new account uses ChartScript to type in and Dictaphone Transnet for the audio. Is there anyway to play transnet using hotkeys or keyboard shortcuts. I have a footpedal but cannot find a comfortable position for using it long term. I did find that Ctrl+P will play the audio but not when I am actually in the area where I need to type. In otherwords even if I keep transnet on top when I hit ctrl+p it wants to activate in my word document. I would appreciate any advice on this and also if there i ...

ExText Footpedal Question
Aug 15, 2014

Does anybody work in ExText on Windows 7 and use a footpedal that is not a USB-2? TIA ...

Footpedal Versus Ctrl Keys
Mar 05, 2012

My 6-month old Cavalier King Charles Spaniel just chewed through my foot pedal cord (good thing she is so cute).  I am now trying to learn to use the Ctrl keys.  It is, of course, cumbersome and uncomfortable for me.    My question is...is it worth it for my production and speed to try to get used to the Ctrl keys or purchase another foot pedal?   Thanks in advance!! ...

How To Adjust The Auto Backspace On The Footpedal?
Mar 09, 2013

Can someone tell me how to adjust the auto backspace on the footpedal? Thank you ...

Olympus DSS Player Pro - Recent Bought New Computer And Now Footpedal Does Not Work - Sm
Jan 30, 2012

I know there is something I need to click on but cannot remember what it is. Thanks for your help. ...