A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

food pedal with Media Player - rita

Posted: Feb 10, 2010

does anyone have any idea how to make my USB foot pedal work with Media Player?  thanks.  I've tried everything I could think of. 

foot pedal - tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
You probably need to get an adaptor to connect it to a serial port on your computer. Because I have media player that I use when testing. Are you testing with one of those long questionaires with dictation?

Similar Messages:

Making Foot Pedal Work With Windows Media Player
May 05, 2012

Is there any way to make my Infinity USB foot pedal work with Windows Media Player? I dont want to convert the media files to another program like Express Scribe. This is through a remote desktop and the files open with Windows Media Player and Express Scribe is not on this desktop and there is no way to put it there.   TIA! ...

Find A Foot Pedal That Works With Windows Media Player
Apr 04, 2013

I am looking to find a foot pedal that works with Windows Media Player.  Anyone know of one?   ...

Media Player
Mar 02, 2014

My client just sold his business but I stayed on with the new client.  My old client used Voicescribe which I became very used to as I used it for over 15 years for my old client.    The new client doesn't use a specific media player but I tried the VCL media player and Windows media player but I can't seem to get my foot pedal to work with either.  Is there a media player out there that is foot pedal friendly? Any help is appreciated.  ...

Windows Media Player
Oct 08, 2011

I was sent test files to be used with Windows Media Player. However, can't rewind or use my foot pedal with them. It is taking me forever, have to go back to the beginning, etc. Is there a way to get my foot pedal to work not using Express Scribe? I use that through my other company and don't want them to know I am using it or inadvertently send them the test files! I have tried to download the free trial of ES, but it just keeps going to my company one and messing it up. Does anyone h ...

Media Player Won't Play .wav Files
May 22, 2012

My media player stopped playing .wav files and now I cannot test with anyone because I cannot get it to work on either my XP computer or my Windows 7 computer.  I googled it and it seems like a lot of people are having the same problems but I cannot fix mine.  Anyone else have/had this problem? ...

Help On Loading Dictations From Windows Media Player To Express Scribe
Jan 26, 2011

I could use some help on loading dictations from Windows Media Player to ES They say ( .wpl ) is not supported ...

Foot Pedal Doesn't Work With Windows Media. Sm
Dec 28, 2011

Know there are free programs to convert to wav, but anyone have any suggestions of a safe one?  Have a test in media and just don't have three hands to keep pausing!  Thanks for any help. ...

Foot Pedal That Works With Express Scribe And Gear Player
Jan 29, 2010

Is the foot pedal that works with Express Scribe and Gear Player also compatible with Edit Script? ...

Food For
Apr 26, 2012

To illustrate the stark difference between those so many believe to be "they" and those they consider to be "we."  Let us as AMERICAN MTs think:  "… why the Central Americans… at Kaiser Permanente in Los Angeles had always been “on board” in terms of active grassroots participation in their local union, in contrast with non-immigrant workers who viewed the union as a sort of utility, with a bill (dues) that came once a month, but not a collective. …El ...

S/l Food Dysgrasia
Dec 08, 2010

Though there are no specific food s/l disgrasia, she states that she noticed that when she eats more fruits and vegetables, especially salads, she tends to have more trouble with her bowels. any ideas??? ...

Food Panel
Apr 13, 2011

s/l doc is saying spoo panel or SPU panel or could be food panel if he is just pronouncing it wrong.   "spoo" panel, gluten, lactose intolerance will be checked, and stool O&P.     Any ideas?  Thanks!   ...

Food Stamps
Aug 01, 2012

Article about how walmart creates workers needing to be on food stamps and benefits from that as well....like MTs needing to get food stamps and collect unemployment benefits while employed.     ...

Food Inoculant?
Mar 30, 2014

hello, dr. says food inoculant?  patient could have viral etiology or maybe food inoculance?  could not find this to confirm.     TIA! ...

Food For Thought
Nov 05, 2014

Recently the bus drivers in my area got sick of the way they were treated, literally...They called out sick and the next DAY had a 2% pay increase. Dare someone to arrange a case of "MT flu" Im in are you? ...

Has Anyone Applied For Food Stamps?
Apr 10, 2013

I just wonder if they contact your employer to verify you are not making any money. How long did it take? Can you use them for pet food? ...

Want To Pass This On..food For Thought...
May 21, 2013

I left MM over a month ago.  I interviewed for a job the very next week and they hired me on the spot.  The money was wonderful, hourly only.  It was soooo sweet!  Money great, people there great.  I thanked God every day for it.  Then, on the 4th week, I was informed that my job there was over.  HERE AGAIN...they have no MTs anymore.  WHAT?!!!  Consequently, I am not ever, ever, ever, going to go for an MT job again.  I love the work so ve ...

Please Help With This (fast Food ____ S/l Jonara)
Mar 31, 2011

Typing a SOAP note for a local physician and I know I have heard this word before but do not use it everyday and it is just not clicking this morning!!!  He is telling the patient to stay away from fatty foods and he uses this word in a sentence telling him to "Stay away from the fast food ____ (sounds like jonara or ganara)"   TIA! ...

Some Food For Thought (while We Are In The Bread Lines)
Feb 27, 2015

I just read this article (link below), and am coming to the realization that it is not Medical Transcription companies like Nuance care about, but they are 'suffering' MTs until MT is gone completely, which will be soon in my opinion.  These companies are all competing and working toward selling their programs which will very soon eliminate the need for MT altogether because of the new EHR laws = the doctors will be doing their own editing with little free-style speech at all.&nbs ...

Express Scribe And Food Control, Go Back.
Aug 16, 2014

Hi there  I´m starting to use Express scribe with an Infinity foot control. How can I adjust it to go back for like 2-3 second everytime I stef of the foot control? ...

I Found Love In The Food Pantry Line, I Would Never Have Met Him
Nov 18, 2014

Hopefully this December romance will keep growing and I won't have to die poor and obscure alone.  Thanks, Nuance! ...

Fast-food Workers Demanding $15 Per Hour Plus Benefits
Dec 08, 2012

Did anybody read the article on Yahoo news regarding fast food workers demanding $15 per hour and benefits? We do not make that sometimes and we have an education plus extensive training and for us ICs a lot of overhead. I do not deem fast food work a career but a job you work while in high school for extra spending money in your pocket...... ...

3rd Week With NJA, But Ineligible For Food Stamps Due To Gross Pay. Depressed.
Jan 05, 2014

while the managers and higher ups collect their checks with no problems.  Got to find another job SOON.  ...

Making So Little With N That I Qualify For $121 A Month In Food Stamps As Individual. In FL. NM
May 30, 2014

xxxx ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

Foot Pedal Vs Wav. Pedal
Jul 19, 2011

I am a recent grad and have my foot pedal from school which is an Infinity In-USB-2. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between that and a wav. pedal? I have tried testing on several sites that require a wav. pedal and my pedal will not work on these. Any thoughts? ...

Difference Between A USB Foot Pedal And An Infinity Foot Pedal?
Sep 10, 2010

Is there a difference between a USB foot pedal and an Infinity foot pedal?  I have a part-time job that lists equipment needed as an infinity foot pedal, I have an USB one that worked fine to take the test, if there is a difference then I need to order one fast. Thanks. ...

Wav Player Help
Aug 07, 2011

I have an Express Scribe and Bytescribe players.  I generally have .wav files that I can play on either/or.  I have a potential new client wanting to play .wav files.  I can play .wav files but it seems not this particular .wav file.  It is a Bytescribe file but I cannot get Bytescribe to accept it.  Any suggestions.  Could it maybe have something to do with the Codec (?)  . . . sometimes you just feel so helpless . . .   any help would be g ...

Olympus DDS Player
Oct 15, 2009

Does anyone have experience using this player?  I am wanting to use a foot pedal but the foot switch option is grayed out.  Any help would be much appreciated.  ...

For Those MTs Using Gear Player
Oct 12, 2010

Are you happy with it?  Can you say why or why not? How does Gear Player compare to other players such as Bytescribe or Express Scribe?  Is the sound quality better?  Anything info at all would be great!  Thanks!  ...

Using A Cassette Player
Oct 14, 2010

I just started using a cassette player for transcription. Do you know if I put the side I need to transcribe facing down or up?   Thanks ...