A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

chartscript.net question - MTing

Posted: Nov 17, 2010

Not sure if anyone can help on this but figured it might be worth a shot. I am working on chartscript.net and it has some preloaded garbage in the abbreviation expander.  These are basically global expansions and I am wondering if there is any way to delete them.  I can add my own expansions and edit and delete those with no problem but have not been able to figure out a way to either turn them off, delete them, or whatever.  If anyone has had this situation and can give me a suggestion I would appreciate it.

chartscript expansions - OldHandAtThis

[ In Reply To ..]
As a former traveling MT I faced this problem more than once, there is no way to delete another user's expansions,only the user who created the expansion can do that; however, I believe you can create your own expansion locally with the same name and your expansion will overwrite the original for you. It's been awhile and I could be mistaken about this. The other option is to turn off Chartscript's expansion program entirely and use word autocorrect instead (which is what I always preferred to do, I did always have my own normal.dot and I would just load my expansions into it.) I wish I could be more explicitly helpful but it has been a couple of years since I have used the program and I have forgotten a bit. There are some work-arounds to this problem but the answer to your question, to the best of my recollection, is no. I do hope I am wrong!

ChartScript.net expansions - cloverport

[ In Reply To ..]
I too work on ChartScript.net (web-based)and do not use the expansions within it. You have two options. You can delete everything out of the expander, which is what I did, or you have to hit control W before every report to turn off the expander.

Chartscript.net - MTing

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks to you both for taking the time to reply.

Similar Messages:

ChartScript Help
Mar 27, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to pull up a log of a particular users activity?  I am trying to be able to look to see which jobs the person has been into, just looking/not transcribing).  These are reports that have already been transcribed by another user, that another user is going into during unscheduled hours for some reason.  Is there are way to pull this up to show? ...

New To Chartscript
Jan 31, 2013

I just started a new job as an IC, and the platform is Chartscript.  Most of it seems straightforward, but I've only worked on it for a couple of hours.  Is there a way to keep a job from downloading when you open Transcribe to look at old jobs?  I don't want to keep hitting cancel.  Thanks in advance! ...

Anyone Familiar With Chartscript?
Oct 20, 2009

Is anyone familiar with Chartscript? Is it user-friendly? ...

ChartScript Question
Aug 11, 2010

Does anyone know how to adjust the settings on the footpedal in the ChartScript platform?  I'd like to have mine roll back a couple of words but have no clue where the settings are in ChartScript (I'm new to the program). Anyone who can help, TIA! ...

ChartScript And CS.net - Are These The Same Thing?
May 06, 2011

What exactly is the difference, if any?  Is this a transcription-based platform or a voice-recognition type?  Company only states cs.net as platform. ...

Chartscript Platform 7
May 03, 2012

Does anyne have experience with Chartscript 7.  The facility for which I do transcription is having a big change-over to Chartscript 7, and I am nervous about it as I had a stroke and use Dragon to work (which is not fun), but I would like to ease my anxiety.  Thanks for any info ...

Chartscript At Keystrokes
Aug 19, 2012

Please give me your opinion of this program. Do you have to keep a separate log of every single job you do? Do you find it productive? Does Instant Text work well with it? Do you need to use your mouse with it or can you get by with all keyboard commands?   Thanks. ...

Using Shorthand With Chartscript
Jul 02, 2013

Hello to all :) I need help.  I use Shorthand Version 10 and just started working in Chartscript.  I access Chartscript through a virtual private network, Oracle VM Virtual Box. Shorthand won't work at all. I looked to see if there was a box to uncheck for the "Enable Protected Mode" issue, and there is no box there to uncheck (Tools, Internet Options, Security tab). I did also change SH to run in compatibility mode and when I restarted SH I was able to see my little yellow window ...

Anybody With Chartscript And Slow DSL?sm
Nov 20, 2014

Hospital I work for just went from Dictaphone to Chartscript. My DSL (Frontier) is old and slow. When too many people are using the DSL, the speed slows WAY down and the jobs don't save. Never had this problem with Dictaphone, so not sure whether it's the DSL or Chartscript. Anybody else have this particular problem? Thanks in advance ...

Does Anyone Work With Chartscript?
Mar 21, 2015

Does anyone work with Chartscript?   Precision has account that uses it -- any and all feedback appreciated! ...

ChartScript.net Voice Files
May 25, 2010

Does anyone get a error like this in Chartscript.net?  "Voice file failed to load.  Object does not support this property or method."  I need help fixing it.  Thank you! ...

Chartscript Remove E Signature?
Jun 10, 2010

Does anyone know how to remove electronically affixed signature on Chartscript/Netlinc system?  TIA!     ...

Shorthand Compatibility With Chartscript.net
Jun 13, 2011

We recently started an account using Chartscript.net.  A lot of our MTs use Shorthand for their word expander.  Does anyone know how to make Shorthand work with Chartscript.net?  Or...does anyone know how to load your Shorthand entries into the Chartscript.net expander?  Thanks! ...

Problem With Shorthand And Chartscript.net
Sep 16, 2011

I am using Shorthand and Chartscript.net.  They don't seem that compatible with each other because no matter what setting I try, my expansions often come out wrong.  For example, I'll get "pr.n." instead of "p.r.n." or "MEICAL HISTORY" instead of "MEDICAL HISTORY" or "PHYICAL XAMINATION" instead of "PHYSICAL EXAMINATION."  The entries are correct in Shorthand, but letters and characters are just getting cut off.  It's kind of driving me crazy because it m ...

Chartscript.net - Switching From Weblinc
Oct 17, 2011

Has anyone used this?  I found a couple of things in the archives but they are OLD.  I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience with it.  My hospital is switching from Weblinc to Chartscript.net and I was wondering what we should expect.  ...

ChartScript.net- Linecount And Other Issues
Nov 03, 2011

Good day all! My employer is switching to ChartScript.net and I am very concerned.  I have heard a lot of bad things about the net version of ChartScript, though mostly from people who used it a few years ago, so wondering what current net users think. -Line counts- Have heard some reports get lost in the system, demographics/headers/footers, etc are not counted and that line counts seem to far off from what MT expects based on other line counts programs/MS word line counts- How hard is i ...

Chartscript Font Switching?
Sep 10, 2013

I'm working on an account that uses Chartscript, and something fairly bizarre is happening to my notes.  When I submit the jobs they are in Times New Roman font, I'm double-checking to make sure that's the case, but at some point after submission they are switching to Arial!  I have no clue why it's happening, apparently it's not only me, but is happening to some others, but not everyone.  Does anyone have any idea why, or what I can do about it?  ...

Question For ChartScript Experts. Is There Any Way To
Dec 29, 2014

When I open abbreviations to edit/add,  every time you close after adding one, then open it again to add another,  it seems to take forever.   Is there any way to speed this process up?   I have decent internet, nothing else is slow.  When I transcribe, the program itself goes well.   It's only the abbreviation section that's so poky.    Any ideas how to make this go faster,  the adding abbreviations?  ...

Chartscript.net Compatible With Instant Text?
Jun 22, 2010

The company I work for is switching to Chartscript.net today. I have asked if this new platform is compatible with Instant Text and the answer I received is basically they believe it is, but will not know until I go into the program. Does anyone here work with Chartscript.net? We previously used Chartscript which is word-based and very user-friendly, however, Chartscript.net platform is not. Any feedback is much appreciated!  ...

Chartnet Platform Versus Chartscript
Mar 02, 2011

My company just switched us over to the Chartnet platform.  I don't like it and I'm sure not seeing what all the excitement was about.  I was able to make 320-350 lph on Chartscript and yesterday I ended the day with about 200 lph on Chartnet.  I am a glass half full person so before I come to the conclusion that management just hyped this platform to try and keep us enthusiastic and on board for a smooth transition, could somebody tell me what features about Chart ...

Chartscript.net - Make The Text Look Bigger
May 20, 2011

Is there a way to make the text look bigger in your document screen without actually altering what gets sent through to facility?   ...

Chartscript - Transcribing In Word And Then Pasting Into CS?
Nov 27, 2011

hi, is it possible to transcribe a document in MS Word and paste it into ChartScript or would this botch up all the coding, etc.? I prefer composing my documents in Word as much as possible, but of course I do not want to cause software conflicts and such. THANKS FourGalore. "Labor omnia vincit" ...

Are There Any Accounts Still Using Dictaphone ExText? Hate ChartScript
Sep 13, 2013

I have been switched to an account using ChartScript since I use a Nuance owned computer which they were not willing to upgrade when my original account went to eScrption and I couldn't afford my own computer.  There are so many more steps to using ChartScript, I'm afraid I won't make any lines! ...

Any Accounts Still Using Dictaphone ExText? Hate ChartScript
Nov 03, 2013

I need to change accounts.  can't afford to buy a new computer.   ...