A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What hotkeys work best for you? sm - wonderingMT

Posted: Aug 30, 2012

I am using ExpressScribe and want to try to get used to the hotkeys to play/stop, etc., instead of my footpedal (I like to sit indian style) and I find that the default keys of F4 and F9 are too far of a reach on my particular keyboard.  Just wondering what others use so I can get some ideas for productive alternatives.   Thanks!

Here's mine. - OZMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I use Inscribe but this is how I have mine set up (different to the default)

F1 - jump to next timestamp/field
F2 - rewind 3 seconds
F3 - forward 15 seconds
F4 - toggle play/pause
F8 - slow down playback speed
F9 - insert timestamp

The other F keys are used for things like add associate, search prior transcriptions, get next transcription, etc.

Productive alternatives to F-keys - too far of a reach

[ In Reply To ..]

would be to use your expander program, add the F-key as a command entry, and give it a short form easy to type.

Click on link below and see what you could do in Instant Text 7, for example.

Similar Messages:

Dqs Hotkeys?
May 16, 2012

Hi all, I'm currently using the DocQscribe platform.Does any one of you know the hotkey setup for this: ##. Aspirin. ##. Ibuprofen. ##. Lipitor. Final report will appear like this: a. Aspirin. b. Ibuprofen. c. Lipitor.   Ctrl Shift L is for autonumbering and I cant seem to find the shortcut key for this one.   Thank you!   ...

Word Client Hotkeys
May 03, 2010

My manager emailed a list of hotkeys for WC but not the ones dealing with stopping and starting dictation. Everyone at my facility uses a pedal, so I have asked my coworkers but no one can give me an answer. I've found alt+p plays dictation and alt+s stops. Can someone tell me if there are hotkeys to rewind and fast forward? I Googled for a manual, but the only user manual I found dealing with hotkeys didn't include this info either. Thanks for your help. ...

Bayscribe Player Hotkeys?
May 09, 2010

My foot pedal is broken and I am wondering if the bayscribe player has hotkeys instead of having to go into the player and push the play/pause buttons contstantly.  Anyone know?  Thanks so much!  Kelley ...