A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What do people do for the falling-asleep backside? - CrankyOldBroadOnTheBeach

Posted: Mar 10, 2011

Apparently I have finally completely squished down the (fairly substantial) padding on my chair, with my even-more-substantial weight....

It's a good chair otherwise, and considering what we get paid these days, I am not interested in replacing it. So, who can make some suggestions for something to put between me and the seat?

Height will not be an issue; my desk is high, and the chair is a highly-adjustable drafting stool.

TIA.  :)

Backside!!! - Fatigued Fingers

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm in the same situation and what I did was go out and buy a dining-room chair type cushion for about $10. It makes my chair a bit more comfortable, although not nearly like it used to be.

backside numbness - cmcneill

[ In Reply To ..]
O, I did the seat cushion as well but really we should invent something better and become rich, don't you agree?

I got a memory foam seat cushion - Works great for me

[ In Reply To ..]

Had the same problem.  Opted to spend a little bit more on a memory foam seat cushion and it works great (and I am not a small woman). 

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM2129990503P?prdNo=1&blockNo=1&blockType=G1

Similar Messages:

Falling Asleep
Apr 17, 2012

Hello everyone.   This is kind of a silly question but I was wondering, what do some of you do when you are working and you get sleepy ??  I find that this is a constant problem for me.  I drink coffee,  pop and whatever to boost myself but find that it just has to go away on its own.   I would really appreciate any tips some of you may have found helpful. Thank you so much ! ...

Literally Was Falling Asleep While Typing Just Now...
Dec 20, 2011

Was just falling asleep while transcribing a report.  I kept nodding off.  I had to rewind quite a few times to see what I may have missed.  I usually don't have this problem, but I went to bed really late and had to get up earlier than usual so didn't get the sleep I normally do.  What is a good wake up remedy?  ...

Critical Error...my Backside!
Mar 18, 2014

So...I was just dinged for a critical error.  Supposedly, I typed an incorrect medication.  I specifically remembered this dictation and remembered the medication I typed, which was NOT the medication marked in the critical error.  SO - I went into my statistics for the day, pulled up the detail for that particular job and there it was....the CORRECT medication.  Somehow, the correct medication was taken out and the incorrect one was put back in.     You better be ...

Dictator Fell Asleep
Jan 15, 2013

Just had a report where the dictator fell asleep and started snoring! ...

Bottom Keeps Falling Out
Aug 23, 2011

I'm surprised to see how each week seems to bring new job postings on here for lower and lower wages, even for IC's, where some have posted effective line rates (once you figure in a minimum of 15% for withholding) of 2.5 to 6 cents per line. It's like there is a game of chicken going on.  Employers keep lowering the bar on pay, and MTs keep migrating to the few jobs that still pay decently.  Eventually something has to give - either there will be no one left doing the ...

The Axe Is Falling On Middle Managers?
Jan 08, 2015

I just read a rather crypic e-mail which indicates this is the case, though no clear reason was given as to why.  It may be that at least some of the TSMs knew this was coming, which is why some of them have been so unpleasant lately.   ...

Falling On Deaf Ears
Jun 19, 2015

x ...

FIESA - Score Was Falling Over The Last Two Weeks
Oct 02, 2014

Really look into your FIESA because I could not figure out why my score was falling over the last two weeks or so. I got to looking and it is not even me. I have been being charged with errors and graded on another person's mistake. I was very worried and could not figure out what was going on. I let my TSM know and I will spend hours now trying to get everything reversed. It is worth it though because we are graded on this not only by ourselves but also as a team through your TSM. It ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...

The Sky Is Falling – College Closes Medical Transcription Program – MTSO Cut Out As
Nov 05, 2010

The sky is falling !!! Anyone else see this?  Is this an aberration or a portent of the direction Medical Transcription is heading?    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 College ends medical transcription program Recently Delhi University announced its Medical Transcription Program, for the first time, was producing better transcriptionists in India including South Asia.  In the meantime, San Juan College is closing its Medical Transcription Program stating that there is les ...

How Are There People With No Work, And People On
Jul 17, 2013

We have helper pools for a reason!  Sounds like some TSMs need to get to work. ...

MDI-MD VR People Here?
Oct 21, 2009

I'm curious.  Any MTs willing to discuss how they like Escription and are working for MDI-MD/Transcend?  ...

DId MDI P.r.n. People Get A Pay Cut Too? Nm
Nov 24, 2009

s ...

MQ People
Sep 10, 2010

I usually come to this forum for good, solid, BRUTALLY HONEST opinon and help.  I have seen this field deteriorate over the years and got to wondering if the suits at MQ have any idea how long some of us have done this work and how poorly they are treating highly qualified, experiences MTs.  I am very curious to see how many years of experience we have.  I personally have 28 years experience and for the past 3 years have not brought in more than 20K.   When I used ...

To All Of You QA People.
Feb 08, 2011

I know this is a little thing, but after 2 years it is a little annoying.  Why do you ask MTs to look up physician names and addresses that are not in the database and to send to QA?  You NEVER enter them into the system, not once.  I have kept a list of physician names and addresses that we frequently use that are not in the database.  I send them to QA every time, requesting that they be entered.  I wonder what your response would be if we sent it blank?  Just a l ...

People Think I Have No Job....
Jul 08, 2011

Okay, four years of doing transcription and it's been four years of people calling all day to chat, wanting me to go do this and that, etc.  I've tried over and over to explain to them to not drop by because I'm WORKING! Have any of you had to get down right rude to make people understand?  Husband also doesn't seem to get it since he mentions "you're at home all day." Ugh. ...

Why Are People So Mean Lately?
Jan 08, 2012

without somebody jumping on you or making fun of you or being spelling police or telling you that's the way business operates so suck it up or go somewhere else. All that hate can't be good for you, but Flame Away!!  ...

Twice As Many People
Dec 26, 2012

typing as there are jobs to be picked up on my account, and we are told via email to work on shortest TAT.  Good grief.  The account will be clear in 5 minutes anyway.  Management is a bit irritating sometimes. ...

Do People Know What An MT Is When You Tell Them?
Jan 25, 2013

It's crazy to me that people do not even know what medical transcriptionists do most of the time.  When people ask me what I do and I tell them transcription, it never fails that they say "What is that?"  I tell them that I type what the doctor says and they say, "What does he say?"  It's crazy that nobody ever wonders how when they ask for medical records they get neatly typed pages from their doc instead of handwritten chicken scratch.  Even when I do explain it, ...

Do They Ever Just Lay People Off?
Jan 29, 2013

Has anyone ever been laid off or do they just expect their employees to quit?  No steady work here in our BOB since October, worse since Christmas.  Even today when work started picking up I still ended up 3 hours short.  I have asked for a transfer and have been denied.  I was told to make up my hours on Saturdays, but last week I was short 20 hours.  That makes for one long Saturday especially when there was no work on Saturday.  So I filed for part ...

99.6?! Obviously These People Really Know Nothing About MT.
Jun 03, 2013

x ...

Any Former DSG People
Jul 06, 2013

I'm just curious if any of the DSG victims who were bought out by MM are still with MM. I had quit MM (MQ at the time) years earlier to go with DSG, only to get slammed back into MQ/MM when they bought out DSG. I quit MM after 8 months of the buy-out. It was my goal from day one of the buy-out and I finally succeeded in getting out of MT completely. ...

Now All Those People Who Would Have
Aug 23, 2013

will be in there working, and that can mean only one thing. This whole thing is about to MPlode. ...

Any Ex DSG People Here?
Feb 23, 2014

Ooops, I accidentally posted this under a reply to something else, so here goes again. Any ex-DSG people here? After 15 years, I finally had left MQ to go to DSG, then got thrown back into MQ/MM 2 years later when they bought out DSGs medical transcription department. I left MT completely after that fiasco. I trusted no company after that mess and decided leaving MT was the smartest thing to do. Just wondering if any of you Ex-DSGers are still working for MM, and if not, what are you doing ...

Too Many People In The Pot Here
Apr 09, 2014

I have a TSM, who I never hear from. Wonder what she does? I have a QA lead that I hear from when I screw up, then there is another one that does quality updates, what the is that anyway and why do I care? And then there is the one that sends out daily backlogs that also mean NOTHING to me in the grand scheme of life. Seems maybe we could trim the fat if we held maybe 2 people accountable to do their stinking jobs instead of 4. Not to mention the ones in the even higher positions that I ha ...

TTS People...
Apr 25, 2014

If anyone who works for TTS can help me, I would appreciate it. I've been there 3 weeks and I am actually happy working there. But .... I am super paranoid about sticking to 8 hours per day because I was warned that OT is not allowed unless expressly offered and only after I am off the orientation team and on the production team.  So I am being really careful about my active platform time but I wonder if I'm being TOO careful. I mean if I end up working 8 hours 10 minutes instead ...

Were Are The QA People
May 05, 2014

Kidney disease is stage 1, 2, etc. Roman numerals are no longer used..yet every report I check on this person in docqumanage has roman numerals. ...

People Should Know
Oct 16, 2014

Has anyone ever thought of contacting the national media to let the nation as a whole know where their medical records are going and who is doing them and that fact that people have died because of wrong medications, etc.?  I thing most Americans would be surprised and pissed to find out that their private medical information is ending up in India.  They might not care as much about our wages and what is happening to our jobs, but I think they would care about where their personal info ...

I Know People Say
Oct 29, 2014

that Nuance rarely gives raises but if I was to ask for a raise who do I contact HR or my TSM?  Thanks! ...

When And What To POC People Do?
Jun 02, 2015

How do we know when we can go in and make up lost time if our TSM is off duty?  Is this the function of the POC positions and if so how do we contact them?  they on Spark?  TIA ...