A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Sylcount IV LO ? - Maria

Posted: Jun 30, 2012

Does anyone know if Sylcount IV LO (free downloadable version) is compatible with Word 2000?

Thanks.

Line Counter - Nina

[ In Reply To ..]
Try Abacus. Use the serial in the file name to register.

http://www.4shared.com/file/7vXVFvOb/Abacus_Line_Counter__Invoice__.html

*WARNING* Trojan Horse! - PuterWhiz

[ In Reply To ..]
AVG shield detected a TROJAN HORSE (keylogger) in that free (Abacus) software.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD using the link posted above!!

TH - Nina

[ In Reply To ..]
I am using the same software and others that I found out there. I scanned the setup before and my puter after installing and it read clean. I use McAfee Internet Security. Can any other user confirm?
McAfee is a joke. - PuterWhiz
[ In Reply To ..]
McAfee is an overpriced ripoff, marketed to newbies and home users who don't have a clue. No real computer pros use it.

Sylcount Gold - Dickens

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't know about that version, but I use Gold, and it works pretty well.

Sylcount - just me

[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, it counts documents saved as 97-2003, which is what I am saving in.

No, it doesn't. - Maria

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the Sylvan Software folks *know what THEIR software does! As posted above, they replied to my e-mail with the same info posted on their website: MS has disabled the software's ability to count lines in 2000 documents. That was also what I found when I ran the Gold that I downloaded. Sylvan Software linecount programs ONLY work with Word 2003, 2007, and 2010.

Similar Messages:

Sylcount Gold
Feb 24, 2015

Is there anyone out that that has a copy of Sylcount Gold line counting software that they are selling. I have upgraded to a new computer, but my original software was on a floppy disc, which I do not have on a new computer, and the software company is now out of business anyway. I was always able to go online and download a new or updated version of Sylcount when I needed to upgrade computers. Now I cannot use the line counting program. Please let me know if anyone has this counting program ...

Sylcount Line Counting ??
Oct 25, 2010

I am going to be starting a new job and they use Sylcount to count lines in MS Word. How different is this compared to just using the line counter built in MS Word? Thanks for any info...have never used anything other than MS Word for counting lines in my eight years of transcription! ...

Sylcount Gold IV Edition Issues
Jun 19, 2012

I cannot get the software to give me totals except in tab delineation, and then I only get totals for each report, not the total sum, which I have to count manually. It keeps showing the documents being counted in the background as read-only, but they are not, unchecked box several times. Anybody? Thanks in advance. just me ...

Is Sylvan Software Out Of Business? (SylCount)
Jan 02, 2015

I can't find their web site. I need to buy one of their programs I used to use on my old XP. My XP program isn't working with Windows 7. TIA ...

Line Counting Program/Sylcount
Jan 27, 2015

I have recently upgraded to a new computer system. I have always used Sylcount Gold for my line counting and invoicing program. Problem is, Sylvan Software company is now out of business so I have now lost that software. I need recommendations on a great line counting program that can count all of the variables and also invoice. Any recommendations are appreciated, or, if anyone has Sylcount for sale.....I would be interested! Thank you! ...

Sylcount Line Counting Software
Mar 23, 2015

Sylcount is out of business evidently and when I use my line counter, it always comes up with the same count.... 1028... So, what is one to do who paid for a software program within the last 4 years but can only access that software from their server, which is no longer in existence!  ...