A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Static - Bonnie

Posted: Jul 19, 2012

The account I currently work on uses Speech Motion platform with M Modal.  There is so much static I have trouble figuring out what they are dictating.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem.  I use Bose noise cancelling headphones and Sound Blaster.  If I turn up the volume it only makes it worse...and I can't hear over the static.  Does anyone have a solution to this problem.  Thanks for your help.

have your lines checked - Snow Bunny

[ In Reply To ..]
I had a similar problem years ago and that was the culprit.

reply - Bonnie

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not sure what you mean by having my "lines checked." Do you mean phone lines? I thought all the sound came from digital hookup, therefore no lines. Also, I don't think that would be it because there are only 2 doctors that I have this problem with. All the rest come in loud and clear.

I appreciate you taking the time to help. Thank you very much.

Similar Messages:

C-phone Static
Apr 07, 2011

the c-phone powers on, when i connect to the phone line all I get is static no dial tone, I've tried on two different phone lines...any suggestions? ...

Anyone With Static/trailing Off Words
Nov 04, 2010

My issues started Sunday before I upgraded, when the same problems came up, document extremely slow, lost some Command Key functions, tortuous work.  After I upgraded, this stopped.  But M/T/W the sound quality was bad, terrible on a few jobs but I tolerated it, until Wed when ithat's all I seemed to get, loud old phone-line bad connection clicking, voices trailing off on each word, had a dickens of a time filling in all the blanks, 1 report for 1 hour, the others about 3/4 hour e ...