A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Infinity USB-2 Foot Pedal Installation - Help!

Posted: May 27, 2011

Plugged foot pedal in and nothing. Turned off computer and turned back on, and it does not recognize the foot pedal. Are there instructions for doing this? I cannot get the pedal to work. Thanks.

Did you get it to work yet?/sm - mc

[ In Reply To ..]
I have the same problem but no solution. I started a new job thought my own USB foot pedal would work. The company said try plugging it in the back. That did not help. I turned the computer off and on. Nothing. They said they would mail be one out but would charge me. That was 7 days ago and still did not get it. How did you make out with your problem.

Similar Messages:

Infinity Foot Pedal - How Would I Contact Infinity, Any Info?
Jun 19, 2013

I have purchased multiple foot pedals because the USB plug-in stops working.  It seems like a broken wire or something inside because it happens intermitently and then stops all together.  Anyone else with this issue?  How would I contact Infinity, any info? Thanks. ...

Difference Between A USB Foot Pedal And An Infinity Foot Pedal?
Sep 10, 2010

Is there a difference between a USB foot pedal and an Infinity foot pedal?  I have a part-time job that lists equipment needed as an infinity foot pedal, I have an USB one that worked fine to take the test, if there is a difference then I need to order one fast. Thanks. ...

Infinity USB Foot Pedal
Jun 14, 2011

All of a sudden my foot pedal has been automatically back spacing about two sentences.  Does anyone have a clue how to change it so it doesn't  back space?  Thanks! ...

Dare Take Apart Infinity Foot Pedal?
Dec 16, 2009

I am wondering if my intermittent sound problems are due to ? dust/dirt in my foot pedal.  Should I try to take it apart?  any suggestions? ...

Infinity Foot Pedal And DSS Software
Jun 01, 2011

I have an Infinity foot pedal that I used a while back with my DSS software. Now I have the need to use the DSS software again and I cannot get the foot pedal to stop or start. I can hear the dictation but I can't get the pedal to work.  I have converted the files to "wav" files thinking that was the problem.  Any suggestions??? ...

Question About Infinity Foot Pedal
Oct 14, 2011

I have an Infinity pedal.  I cannot figure out how to reset the replay time.  Mine goes back so far that it cost me time and money when I have to hit the replay.  Can anyone tell me how to reset this? Thank you. ...

Wav Files And Infinity Foot Pedal
Dec 19, 2012

I presently work for a company that supplied me with an Infinity USB 1 foot pedal.    I am trying to type from a simple wav file.   I can get the voice, but the foot pedal does not work.    Any ideas?. Or if the foot pedal cannot work, are there any other ways for me to transcribe the wav file  i.e. controls, etc.? The foot pedal works fine with my present platform.   ...

Foot Pedal Won't Work - Infinity USB
Mar 04, 2013

Hello, I read through some of the archives trying to find an answer to my issue and have tried multiple different things, but nothing seems to be working. If anyone has any advice on how to get my new HP computer to recognize the infinity USB pedal I would greatly appreciate it, as I am trying to find a job and my pedal isn't working with any tests I have taken. I am at a complete loss as to how to fix it. I have never had a problem with my other computer. I could just plug it in and o ...

Infinity USB Foot Pedal To Use In Wordscript
Aug 20, 2014

I need a little help setting up my Infinity foot pedal to Wordscript application...Thanks ...

Infinity Foot Pedal... What Program? Using ExpressScribe...
Aug 22, 2011

Hi there! I've been using ExpressScribe for my Infinity USB pedal, but I can't stand it!  I'm used to being able to tap the middle pedal once and it automatically rewinds a few seconds, know what I mean?  So far I can only get ExpressScribe to rewind by pushing a different pedal, and I don't like how long it takes, and how inconsistent that is.  So... 1.)  Does anyone know how to change the settings to tap-and-rewind for ES? Or... 2.)  Does an ...

Win 7/Express Scribe/USB Infinity Foot Pedal?
Nov 14, 2011

The USB Infinity Foot Pedal does not show up on the Express Scribe list of pedals. How do I make this combination work together? Thanks in advance ...

New Dell Desk Top/Infinity Foot Pedal
Sep 21, 2012

Good morning! I've been a transcriptionist for 18 years and this will be my first question.  I just got a a new PC two days ago.  However, my foot pedal (which operates fine on my laptop) won't work.  I have jobs in my work queu that I can't get to because the pedal won't play them.  The computer seemes to recognize the pedal and said it installed drivers but it just doesn't operate even after three reboots.  I have Windows 7.   Is this pro ...

Is GearPlayer Compatible With The Infinity USB Foot Pedal?
May 12, 2013

Is Gear Player compatible with the Infinity USB foot pedal?  I am DONE with this Express Scribe mess. ...

Infinity Foot Pedal Stops Working While Transcribing
Oct 16, 2012

Anyone have a problem with Infinity USB foot pedal? I called the company I bought it from and they sent me a new one. Still having same problem. I have Windows 7, using DocQScribe, but it also happened in Express Scribe on a different computer, so I do not think its a PC issue. I have googled and cannot really find anything. I also hear a "ding" and it stops working, then I pull the USB out of the port and back put in back in and it works for a little while. The company I bought it from sa ...

Infinity Foot Pedal Issues With EScription Platform
Oct 19, 2013

I just received my Infinity USB foot pedal from PCDictate.  I am employed with Nuance using the eScription platform and I am unable to get this foot pedal to work.  Can anyone who works on the eScription platform (preferably with Nuance) tell me what settings to use so this thing will work?  I'm about at my wits end.  I'm beginning to think the old pedal I had was fine and I spent money for nothing.  I have a new computer and it shows the pedal IS installed and functional, but it ...

Infinity Pedal And TransNet
Oct 14, 2011

Does anyone know if Infinity USB-1 foot pedal is compatible with Dictaphone TransNet software and if so, how to configure? ...

Infinity IN-USB-1 Pedal Stopped Working ...
Dec 31, 2010

In the middle of a dictation when I pressed the pedal it wouldn't stop the dictation.  Now it won't play anything.  I've had it a few years and never had any problems.  I restarted the computer, even did a system restore, and still not working.  I downloaded the driver just in case it mysteriously decided to go away.  Is there any way to test to see if it's defective?    ...

Odd Question Maybe, But Does Synernet Send You An Infinity 1 Or 2 Pedal? Sm
Oct 20, 2014

Infinity 2 is the clamshell-looking one and Infinity 1 is the all square, no curves type, I think. I have to return their foot pedal and I am not sure which one is theirs. I suppose I could just call the HR department, but that would be too easy. LOL ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Foot Pain. Does Anyone Know If There Are Hand Controls Instead Of A Foot Pedal?
Aug 12, 2013

Nm ...

Foot Pedal Vs Wav. Pedal
Jul 19, 2011

I am a recent grad and have my foot pedal from school which is an Infinity In-USB-2. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between that and a wav. pedal? I have tried testing on several sites that require a wav. pedal and my pedal will not work on these. Any thoughts? ...

What Would Be The Best Foot Pedal?
Oct 30, 2009

Hello.  I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the best footpedal to buy.  I am just getting back into transcription after being away from it for several years and I am not very technologically bright :-)  I don't have any clients yet but I would like to have a wave pedal or foot pedal ready for whenever I do find a client.  What would be the kind that would be the most versatile and go with most platforms/systems?  I have Windows Vista.  Any advice ...

Using Foot Pedal...Help!
Jun 24, 2010

I'm over testing for the Q on their test site and thought I had installed my foot pedal but it's not working.  Does anyone know how to use your foot pedal on the test rather than that silly F1 function key to start and stop the audio?  I'm afraid I'll be here all night getting 5-6 words at a time with the "hand" method as opposed to the "foot" method, LOL! Any suggestions greatly appreciated...Grazi! ...

USB-1 Or USB-2 Foot Pedal
Jul 11, 2010

I've got a USB-2 foot pedal here, brand new from Martel Direct, as part of an all-in-1 kit.  Some job listings specify a USB-1 foot pedal; others just say USB foot pedal. Is there a huge difference between the 1 and the 2 versions? ...

Anyone Use USB And 9-pin Foot Pedal?
Jul 05, 2011

Hello, I had to get a 9-pin foot pedal for a new job. I configured it but now my USB foot pedal will not work on Express Scribe. How do I get both of them to work? Thanks, ...

Ikm Foot Pedal
Sep 19, 2011

I am switching computers and cannot get my foot pedal to work.  I believe I need to download a driver, but am not exactly sure which one I need.  It is a serial to USB connection if that makes any difference.  Cannot find any model number, etc, on my pedal.   I work with the I Know Med system.  Can anyone out there help this frustrated MT??? ...

FOOT PEDAL
Jan 30, 2015

Hello - I have a question - im trying to pick out an MT school and I have just talked to one of them that said they do not offer a footpedal because they believe the footpedal will be obsolete in a few years.  Now I have never ever heard of this before but thought I would check with you all to see if anyone has ever heard this and what software programs actually allow you to work without a footpedal.  TIA ...

Foot Pedal Without Foot?
Jul 11, 2013

Just wondered if anyone here had ever heard of a foot pedal that could be activated some other way than by pressing with your foot.  I have a handicapped friend who was hoping there was one that could be activated any other way.  Thanks ...

Foot Pedal..... Where To Find.
Oct 16, 2009

Anyone use a foot pedal? Where have you found yours? I've check Office Depot and a few others and they only have them for games and music. ...

Foot Pedal Question - Help???
Nov 30, 2009

I am starting my new job as an IC today, and the foot pedal given to me today has a phone line connection.  I have a new Dell and no phone line connection possible on my PC.  I do have a USB foot pedal.  I am still installing software necessary for the program, so I have not been able to give it a test spin.  Will my USB foot pedal work, or will I have to wait a week for the adapter to come in? ...