A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

InScribe/EMDAT configure foot pedal not working - sm

Posted: Dec 21, 2014

I am so frustrated with EMDAT. I go in and click on "Configure USB foot pedal" and nothing happens. The second screen that says press play, rewind etc. never shows up. Seems something is always wrong with their software and wouldn't you know they are not available on weekends for tech support. Anyone have any suggestions?

foot pedal config - ANMT

[ In Reply To ..]
If you haven't already tried, make sure your footpedal is disconnected from the port when you first click on "configure" in the drop-down list.

Similar Messages:

I Just Set Up Emdat/inscribe And Am Trying To Configure The USB Foot Pedals . . . .
Oct 26, 2014

When I click on "Configure a USB footpedal" in inscribe, nothing happens, it doesn't launch to let me set it up, anyone deal with this before and know what to do?? Thanks! ...

Emdat Inscribe And Foot Pedal
Oct 15, 2011

I would like to know what type of foot pedal works with this platform.  I have an Infinity USB 1 foot pedal and find that it doesn't work very well on this platform.  It just seems to get stuck and I can't get it to stop playing or go forward or back...it's driving me crazy and costing me time and money.  I can practically jump up and down on the pedal and it still doesn't stop playing.  I have to manually go to the top of the screen and move the thing at ...

What Kind Of Foot Pedal Is Required For EMDAT?
May 12, 2014

Can anyone tell me what kind of foot pedal is required for EMDAT?   Thanks in advance. ...

Inscribe Foot Pedal Question
May 27, 2013

I have the IN-USB-2 foot pedal and has always worked perfectly (Extext, for example). I can still use it in Excess Scribe without a single problem. All the pedal work (rewind, play, fast forward). I am trying to set it up in Inscribe and followed the instructions *precisely* as written. Also unplugged the foot pedal, rebooted, started Inscribe, ran the configuration/and plugged it back in. The program is recognizing all 3 foot pedals, but in the training it only recognizes the play pedal. Lik ...

Foot Pedal Not Working! Help!
Jul 11, 2012

ok, so my foot pedal is giving me fits....no volume.  Help!  What can I do? ...

Question About Emdat/Inscribe And Up Arrow Not Working
Nov 18, 2013

Has anyone else ever had their up arrow not respond while in the text area of the platform?  It works fine in other areas of the program like the dropdown menus, but I can only get it to work sometimes, but more times not, in the text area.  It's not my keyboard because it works fine in all other programs.  ...

Foot Pedal Not Working Correctly
Oct 31, 2011

My foot pedal is driving me crazy.  It stops and won't start back until for a few minutes.  NOw I can only get it to work from DQS at the top where it shows the stop, forward, backwards area.  I have to press the > arrow to get it to take off with the dictation but when I want to stop it then I just hit my pedal but then it will not come back on until I press the > arrow at the top again.  DRiving me crazy.  I can't work like this.  GOt a ticket in w ...

Foot Pedal Not Working With New Service Center
Aug 18, 2014

I just logged in to the new service center this morning and now my foot pedal isn't working.  Anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions other than calling support? Thanks ...

Infinity Foot Pedal Stops Working While Transcribing
Oct 16, 2012

Anyone have a problem with Infinity USB foot pedal? I called the company I bought it from and they sent me a new one. Still having same problem. I have Windows 7, using DocQScribe, but it also happened in Express Scribe on a different computer, so I do not think its a PC issue. I have googled and cannot really find anything. I also hear a "ding" and it stops working, then I pull the USB out of the port and back put in back in and it works for a little while. The company I bought it from sa ...

Difference Between A USB Foot Pedal And An Infinity Foot Pedal?
Sep 10, 2010

Is there a difference between a USB foot pedal and an Infinity foot pedal?  I have a part-time job that lists equipment needed as an infinity foot pedal, I have an USB one that worked fine to take the test, if there is a difference then I need to order one fast. Thanks. ...

Taking Test, Foot Pedal Issue - Report Begins Over Every Time I Lift My Foot!
May 27, 2010

I am taking a test for a company and have gotten as far as taking the transcription portion.  I downloaded their file (pedalplugin-win) but whenever I lift my foot off play, the tape rewinds to beginning.  I cannot rewind or FF and autoplay to 0 isn't registering. Can anyone suggest what I could do to? Thanks!!!!  I have 4 hours to complete test. ...

Foot Pain. Does Anyone Know If There Are Hand Controls Instead Of A Foot Pedal?
Aug 12, 2013

Nm ...

Help With Emdat Inscribe
Apr 15, 2010

I've had to reinstall Inscribe and am trying to copy my autotext from a disk into the program. Any suggestions? ...

Emdat Inscribe Help
Jul 20, 2010

I just started a job using Emdat Inscribe, and my footpedal I ordered hasn't come in yet, so I have been using the function keys to play audio.  I have been doing this for about a week now with no problem, but today I log in to work though and the keys are no longer working.  The only way I can get the audio to play is by using the mouse.  Anyone know why this may be?  I haven't changed any of the settings, so I am not sure why they won't work now.  TIA. ...

Using Emdat/Inscribe
Jan 12, 2012

On using Emdat/Inscribe:  What does it mean when QA marks something with a red F with a line through the F? Thanks. ...

Emdat Inscribe Help Please!
Jul 11, 2012

I accidentally marked a transcription complete in Emdat Inscribe.  I haven't uploaded it yet and it is still on my screen.  I am not even close to being done with it!  How do I get back to being able to continue typing??? ...

What Is Emdat/Inscribe?
Sep 03, 2012

I have worked on many. many platforms, but never heard of that one.  Can anyone compare it to one.  Feel free to talk about a particular companies own software.  I've pretty much worked for them all .... lol. Thanks! ...

InstanText And Emdat Inscribe
Oct 15, 2009

I am just starting to use Inscribe and have InstanText.  It will link up with Inscribe, because when I type, entries are showing up in IT, but when I go to expand an entry with the semi-colon as usual, it will not expand.  Anyone know how to fix this?  I have linked it, checked the link automatically box, also.   Thanks! ...

EMDAT InScribe Question....
Jul 02, 2010

There are some associates that need to be deleted in the cc/associates list because they are incorrect (argh!)...I can't figure out how to do this (am assuming that I can). Anybody know the skinny on this?  TIA.  ...

Emdat/Inscribe - An Opinion
Apr 06, 2010

Does anyone have an opinion on either. I have used Word forever for my transcription and am now thinking about using Inscribe...any thoughts? ...

EMDAT/Inscribe Question
Nov 12, 2010

I currently work for a company using EMDAT/Inscribe and have it downloaded on my computer.  I need to take on some more work from another company.   This company also uses EMDAT/ Inscribe same version.  Is it possible to  use the same sign in screen on the same computer for both companies, just changing the company ID name and password?  Or do I have to download it again and use two separate sign ins? Thanks much! ...

Has Anyone Used Emdat/Inscribe Platform
Jun 12, 2011

Has anyone used Emdat/Inscribe platform, if so how is it?  I'm not familiar with this and wondering how it is to use.  TIA. ...

Starting A Job On Emdat Inscribe..
May 24, 2011

x ...

Needing Some Help With Emdat Inscribe
Sep 19, 2011

I just started a job that utilizes this platform, but I cannot figure how to adjust the pedal settings.  Every time I take my foot off my pedal, it goes back too far.  Any advice would be most appreciated!!!! ...

EmDat Inscribe Question
May 16, 2012

Does anyone know if there is any way to transfer an Instant Text glossary to AutoText inthe EmDat InScribe platform? I have an IT glossary with many thousands of entries but can't get my IT to work with this platform (or maybe it is because I have to use my personal computer which is a Windows 7 64-bit and I only have IT V and I don't want to spend the $ for IT 7 just yet). Any ideas? TIA! ...

Anyone Here Is Using The Emdat Inscribe Program?
Mar 18, 2013

Was just wondering if anyone here is using the Emdat Inscribe program?  Would love to chat with you about it and share info/ideas.. ...

Nuance Emdat Inscribe
Jan 19, 2014

My company was acquired by Nuance and I guess Nuance now has taken ownership of Emdat.  All of sudden today, I can't get my foot pedal to play.  I tried to reconfigure and it just sits there waiting for me to to press play, though I'm pressing, releasing, pressing and releasing and nothing.  My foot pedal worked Friday when I logged off and it still works in my other transcription applications.  Anyone else on this platform with this problem?  Did Nuance/Emdat ...

Emdat Inscribe - Need Dictionary Help Please
Aug 16, 2014

Upon spellcheck once I've F7'd to complete a report, I accidentally hit Add on a misspelled word and now the misspelled word has been added to the dictionary as correct.  Is there anyone who can tell me how do find and delete that entry? Thanks in advance :) ...

EmDat / InScribe Question
Aug 22, 2014

I am new to EmDat / InScribe platform and i have a question.  Is there any way to search up a patient I typed the day before to see the finished file i typed.  I want to see what my blanks were that were filled in, but the company i work for does not really email us our corrections, so i have been writing down the names so i can go back and look at them.  Is there any way to do that????  ...

Foot Pedal Vs Wav. Pedal
Jul 19, 2011

I am a recent grad and have my foot pedal from school which is an Infinity In-USB-2. Can anyone tell me what the difference is between that and a wav. pedal? I have tried testing on several sites that require a wav. pedal and my pedal will not work on these. Any thoughts? ...