A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ExEditor/DocQScribe shortcuts - sm

Posted: Mar 20, 2013

Do you know of a way to convert the shortcuts from ExEditor to DocQScribe?  I'm changing platforms and would like to take my shortcuts with me.  My IT department appears to be clueless in this regard.  Frown

Portability of shortcut lists comes - at a cost

[ In Reply To ..]

Platform providers always tell you that their software has everything you need, expander included. So you are led to believe that there is no need to spend money on an expander.

What they don't care so much about is to tell you that the time you spend building your shortcut lists is lost and it will cost you precious time to rebuild them when you change platforms.

If you want your shortcut lists to be portable from one platform to another, the best would be to invest in an expander that works with all transcription platform and EHR systems. Moreover, you should choose an expander that also converts your previously used shortcut list to a file that you can immediately use with the universal expander of your choice.

One such expander is Instant Text. You can download the 30-day free trial version at link below. I am not sure whether Shorthand imports the Ex-Editor list.

Similar Messages:

ExEditor
Dec 12, 2014

Anyone know of what companies use ExEditor? Job searching and am experienced in ExEditor. ...

ExEditor Changes
Mar 24, 2015

Has anyone else noted a difference in the way ExEditor works on the information screen since recent servers changes or updates? used to be able to verify pt mrn, hit return and it would take you to visit id section; now it goes right to document without giving change to choose correct visit. would appreciate hearing from anyone who's having problem like that; don't think I'm the only one. have contacted the correct department as per instructions but apparently not their issue. ...

Dictaphone ExEditor
Dec 27, 2013

Starting speech rec using ExEditor, care to share your experiences, such as is it user friendly, etc., or whatever info you think I should know. Thanks for sharing. ...

Anyone Who Uses Dictaphone ExEditor Know How To
Jul 19, 2014

attach the cursor to the audio, you know, so it shows that highlighter thingy that moves with the voice file?  Can't find it in the instruction manual I have. Thanks for any info!! ...

ExEditor Freezing Up
Jun 02, 2015

Anybody using ExEditor for TT/Imedx having problems with their screen freezing up every minute or so after 6 pm CST? I've been noticing this for a while, and it's really, really getting annoying. My screen will freeze, then the IE icon starts spinning, screen blinks, then everything okay for a little bit more. It doesn't happen when I am doing a typed report or working on my Escription account, just the speech reports for ExEditor. Everything works fine until 6, and then whammo - ...

How Is Dictaphone's ExEditor Platform?
Jan 14, 2010

I am considering switching jobs.  The company uses Dictaphones ExEditor.  This will be my first experience with VR.  It will be a mix of straight transcription and VR. Can anyone tell me if this is a decent platform. I also use ShortHand. Will this work with ExEditor?  Thank you for any reviews or comments. I realize it is going to be a learning curve but I don't want to jump from the frying pan into the fire either. ...

Can Someone Help Me With Macros? Dictaphone EXEditor
Aug 29, 2012

I have written some macros to help with certain formatting issues with Dictaphone EXEditor.  However, I cannot get them to "stick" from session to session.  I have to continually create them daily.  How can I get them to SAVE and be available to me even after I sign out and sign on the next day?   Thank you in advance for your help! ...

ExEditor Trains Itself For Each Dictator?
Oct 25, 2012

Does anyone know if ExEditor trains itself for each dictator?  I understand ChartNet does, so the dictation will get more and more accurate before it comes to the editors.  ...

Has Anyone Ever Sucessfully Uninstalled ExEditor?
Nov 14, 2012

. ...

Dictaphone ExEditor Question
Dec 27, 2013

Starting new job first time speech editing.  Is the ExEditor user friendly?  What has been your experience using it?  Thanks ...

IMedX Platform ExEditor
Mar 08, 2014

Can anyone who is currently working with Dictaphone ExEditor platform tell me if it is productive, if it is Word based, and what expanders can be used?  If it is Word based, is anyone using Word 2007 with it? TIA ...

Both Escription And ExEditor Accounts
Apr 10, 2015

For those of you who are on both Escription and ExEditor accounts, do you get paid a higher amount for editing in ExEditor than Escription?   Thanks!   ...

ExEditor - Slowness, Cursor Dragging, Freezing
Dec 11, 2009

Anyone working on this and having problems with it?  I have been having problems with slowness, cursor dragging, freezing.  It is worse with longer reports, but is sporadic and I really can't find a definite pattern.  Anyone else? ...

Has Anyone Successfully Used Escription Or Dictaphone EXtext/ExEditor With Wireless Or
Jun 17, 2010

satellite internet?  I have heard these were the better VR platforms but I cannot find out if they can be used on wireless or satellite internet.    ...

DQS ASR Shortcuts
Jan 11, 2012

I have so much pain in my left hand from doing the Ctr Shift M shortcut to get the cursor to the spot the audio is (or at least in the vicinity). I use my left pinkie finger to push Ctr and Shift and my right hand to push M. Another new repetitive action injury...... I would like to fix. ...

Keyboard Shortcuts
Sep 12, 2010

I read on one of these boards (darned if I can find if) something about using keyboard shortcuts. Several people mentioned they us ????. Unfortunately all I can rember is it started with an A and had 3 letters!!! Sorry, the brain does not remember what else there was to it. Any of you smart ladies out there figure out what I am trying to say??? Thanks for the help! ...

PRINTING SHORTCUTS!!!
Oct 07, 2010

Good morning/afternoon MQ co-workers!   I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way I can print out my personal dictionary of shortcuts?  I have so many that I think I'm putting in duplicates now!  I'd really like to see what I've got and eliminate/add only relevant shortcuts. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!   (Have a blessed day)!!  ...

Shortcuts For M-Modal VR
Feb 26, 2012

I am trying to learn as many shortcuts as possible to get faster on M-Modal VR. Anyone out there with any tips or shortcuts could you please share?? So far I have been using: CTRL shift "I" - Slow down dictation. CTRL "I" - Speed up dictation. CTRL and arrow keys. CTRL Shift "H" for heading toggle. CTRL Shift "A" for caps toggle. CTRL Delete for word to the right. CTRL Backspace to delete word to the left. And then I use my expansions. Anyone have any other tips or tricks/shortc ...

Shortcuts For SR At Mmodal
Jan 21, 2013

Is there a website where the shortcuts for SR are listed?  I have lost mine, and need them again. ...

Bayscribe Shortcuts
Apr 10, 2014

I just got a new computer and when I went into Bayscribe I find that I have none of my hundreds of shortcuts I have been putting in over the last few years.  Any idea how to get them to show up on my new computer?   I know there has to be a way to transfer them.  Thanks for any assistance I can get.  ...

VR Shortcuts For EScription 11
Oct 25, 2014

I recently started a job that uses editscript 11 or eScription 11.  Some of the jobs are coming through as VR and I've never done VR on eScription before so I dont know any of the shortcuts. Would someone please be kind enough to provide me with the shortcuts? Even the basics would help till I'm able to find them on my own, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, is there a place within the eScription platform where I can look them up?    ...

Shortcuts For Pharmacologic & Pharmacotherapy
Nov 16, 2009

I am working really hard on expanding my shortcuts to save time. So, 3-word phrases such as "thanks in advance" are "TIA", and 2-word phrases use the first 2 letters of each of the 2 words, such as "lesh" for left shoulder. What do I do with single words? That's the general question. My second question has to do with specific single words, "pharmacotherapy" and "pharmacologic". What would you put in your auto-correct options to make those words a short cut? TIA! :) ...

Useful Word Shortcuts, Especially For Newbies!
May 15, 2010

Came across this article on another forum - has a list of useful word shortcuts. Quite a handy list, particularly for newbies. Thought I'd share! http://hubpages.com/_hubmis/hub/Useful-Microsoft-Word-Shortcut-Keys-To-Save-Time ...

EditScript And Shortcuts Versus The Old Way
Mar 21, 2012

I've been using Edit script for a couple months now (like it)  and everytime I start using alt K and the other shortcuts I end up reverting back to my old ways (mouse), because it just seems faster for me.  I use the arrow keys, but still use the mouse because it seems like it requires less thought.  Is anyone else struggling with this?   ...

Where Can I Find A List Of The Shortcuts?
Apr 04, 2012

I use some of them but cannot find where they are listed so I can print them out. Thanks so much! ...

ChartNet - Cannot Get Any Shortcuts To Work
Apr 17, 2012

I'm new to ChartNet.  MTSO sent a list of instructions but I cannot get any shortcuts to work.  I am editing and really could use all the help I can get.  Thanks! ...

New Computer - Bayscribe Shortcuts Gone. Help!
May 31, 2012

I had to get a new computer, and now when I log in to Bayscribe, all my shortcuts are gone.  I don't want to have to start all over.  Any tips?  Thanks! ...

DQS - Shortcuts Quit Working
Aug 05, 2012

anyone ever have that happen?  What can I do to make them start again?  Any and all help appreciated. ...

Anyone Else Having Problems With Some Shortcuts Not Working
Aug 12, 2012

seems to be the longer ones...like I do shortcuts to fix where ASR doesnt put commas risks benefits and alternatives is the one I am playing with now, it will not add the commas on the shortcut I made. ...

PC Shortcuts Abbreviation Expander ?
Sep 24, 2012

Does anyone know where to purchase PC shortcuts or maybe its called shortcuts abbreviation expander ?  I can't seem to find it on the internet.   Thanks ...