A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

DigiTel? - McDougal

Posted: Feb 22, 2012

Is there anyone on here who has used DigiTel dictation/DigiScribe transcription systems?  Pros?  Cons?

DigiTel issues - luckyladyinca

[ In Reply To ..]
My first modem (pod) stopped functioning correctly within the warranty as well as my service contract. I contacted them on numerous occasions, and they basically ignored it. Both the vendor and the manufacturer did not honor the warranties or contracts, so when it went completely out, I was charged full price just for the pod and complained, so they gave me a very slight discount, but I had to send my first one back instead of getting it repaired and have on hand for backup. The new one does not function correctly, and the sound is horrible. I had to install a separate sound card with audio-enhancing. What good is a dictation system if your transcriptionist can not hear it? The doctors constantly complain about the delay in the prompts. Issues, problems... Yes. I do get good technical support though. I promised my clients I would purchase from another vendor when this pod goes, which I am guessing is soon. Not even a few months old. They had stated it was software-based and therefore I would not incur costs again. Jeesh... The pod was almost $2000, and Express Scribe has the exact same one listed for $245, so DigiTel stated it was the "software" in the pod that made it so expensive. This is a $20 piece of equipment at most.I sure miss my VDI!Also, if you want to route other work out or a transcriptionist automatically access it while you are gone, you have to pay for 2 FTP folders each and licenses for even breathing on it, one for each computer, each transcriptionist, each anybody. Pros: Fairly easy to run and set up and good support.

Similar Messages:

DigiTel Dictation System Quits Running. Help
Apr 25, 2012

I have a DigiTel dictation system, and it has simply shut off without warning lately, which has happened several times. I reboot frequently, and there is plenty of room on the computer. I have a 4-line system, which is fairly new. I had to replace the last one, which was malfunctioning after just a few months. This seems to be software-related however. Possible Microsoft security update being the cause? Today it shut down while a dictator was dictating several reports in a row. Any help would b ...