A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Chartscript.net - switching from Weblinc - athomemt

Posted: Oct 17, 2011

Has anyone used this?  I found a couple of things in the archives but they are OLD.  I was wondering if anyone had any recent experience with it.  My hospital is switching from Weblinc to Chartscript.net and I was wondering what we should expect. 

Chartscript.net - WorkedWithIt

[ In Reply To ..]
Is this the 3M version of Chartscript?

I think so - nm - athomemt

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Chartscript.net - WorkedWithIt

[ In Reply To ..]
I have worked with both the Chartscript.net and the 3M version of Chartscript.com. Both are improvements over the DOS based versions. Both versions are Windows based. However, neither use Word as their processor for typing. They both have a built in word processor that is similar to Word, enough so using it is easy to do. They both have built in expanders as well, so that you can add in your expanders, or import them from your expander program you are using already. One fun thing I like about the 3M version is that you can change the "skin" of the program - meaning you can make it look different (beachy, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc.). I know that's small but it was an indicator of how many little things the creators put in. The one down side was that there were glitches (as there are in every program), and the .net version seemed easier to fix than the 3M version. For the 3M version, your IT person has to contact them and they fix the glitch. The seem to be able to fix most things within 24 hours. I haven't used Weblinc, so I can't tell you if this will be easier. However, I was personally very productive on both systems, both as an MT and as a QA. I think you will like whichever system you end up using. I think they are user friendly, easy to navigate and learn, and very easy to click around and figure out how to do things, as the program is set up VERY similar to Word. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions. Good Luck!!

Thanks! - athomemt

[ In Reply To ..]
We are currently using Weblinc but are converting over to the .net version soon. I think that is the 3M version but am not really for sure??? I'm nervous about it, as I don't want to see productivity go down. Thanks for taking the time to answer me. :)

Chartscript.net - using it soon

[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for the detailed description. I'm going to be learning and using Chartscript.net when I start my new job next week. It sounds like a breath of fresh air compared to some other platforms I've used! DocQScribe was my favorite of all time, but it sounds like Chartscript.net might be good,too.

Similar Messages:

Chartscript Font Switching?
Sep 10, 2013

I'm working on an account that uses Chartscript, and something fairly bizarre is happening to my notes.  When I submit the jobs they are in Times New Roman font, I'm double-checking to make sure that's the case, but at some point after submission they are switching to Arial!  I have no clue why it's happening, apparently it's not only me, but is happening to some others, but not everyone.  Does anyone have any idea why, or what I can do about it?  ...

Switching To VR
Feb 01, 2010

Would some of you share your experience of going from Dictaphone ExText to VR.  Anything positive at all?  Our company will be going that route and we will be paid hourly so salary should not be a factor.  The bottom line is, it is happening.  I would appreciate hearing from MTs whose companies have switched over; the good, bad and ulgly.  Thanks.   ...

ChartScript Help
Mar 27, 2012

Can someone please tell me how to pull up a log of a particular users activity?  I am trying to be able to look to see which jobs the person has been into, just looking/not transcribing).  These are reports that have already been transcribed by another user, that another user is going into during unscheduled hours for some reason.  Is there are way to pull this up to show? ...

New To Chartscript
Jan 31, 2013

I just started a new job as an IC, and the platform is Chartscript.  Most of it seems straightforward, but I've only worked on it for a couple of hours.  Is there a way to keep a job from downloading when you open Transcribe to look at old jobs?  I don't want to keep hitting cancel.  Thanks in advance! ...

Are There Any Companies Out There NOT Switching To VR?!
Dec 24, 2009

I can't get by on literally half my salary, which is what I've been asked to do. Thanks. ...

Switching From FT To PT For MDI-Transcders
Apr 29, 2010

Have any of you that came in with the MDI merger to Transcend or Transcend MLSs had a problem switching from full-time to part-time, or to IC status, etc.?  It was mentioned during the conference calls that we could switch after the merger if we felt we needed a different schedule or less/more hours.  Was this an easy process with HR or your TL/ROM? ...

Switching Careers From Mt
May 18, 2010

Any of you thought of switching to dental laboratory technician, you can work independently a lot of times and they make pretty decent money.  Or do any of you know a dental lab tech and if they like their job, just looking around for something else to do besides MT ...

Switching To FT With Benefits
Dec 23, 2010

Does anyone know the process of switching to FT with benefits?  Do you just have to let your CCM know and she does the paperwork and switching or is it a big hassle?  I lost my medical benefits recently and that is the reason I need to go FT.  I looked in the HR section of Medquist mail but can find nothing relating to this.  Any information is greatly appreciated.  Thank you. ...

Hospital Switching To VR
Feb 17, 2011

Have been informed that the hospital where I work inhouse is switching to voice.  Has anyone ever been an employee where this happened?  Is there usually enough work for everyone or have there been layoffs?  ...

Switching Companies
Sep 04, 2011

I'm wondering what the going rate is per line for an experienced (10+ years) MT these days - not making enough at my current company and looking to find better pay.  What should I be asking? ...

Account Switching To VR
Jan 24, 2013

Hey MTs and editors!  My account is going to VR.  It's a rather small account and the dictation can be handled by a crew of 4 or 5 most generally.  How long do you suppose it will take before everything shakes out and we are able to see how many people are needed in the end?  I'm pretty sure there won't be enough work.   All ideas appreciated.  :) ...

Switching From FT To PT Advice...
Jan 17, 2014

I am currently working for my MTSO full time, however I would like to go down to part time (still get benefits). I've been tentatively offered a FT nanny position for a dear friend of mine who would pay me cash to take care of her baby, either my house or hers (we live 5 miles apart). I told her I need to think about it as I am currently FT with my MT job, but I am seriously thinking about going down to PT to still have my MT job and insurance (which I need). PT for me would also be better ...

Thinking Of Switching To PT
Sep 28, 2014

Am I more likely to run out of work? I see everyone on here claiming NJA pretty often, I must say I rarely run out of work..Thinking the FT people get first pick because they have to earn their bennies? And will they let me just cut hours from my present schedule or will I be totally rescheduled? ...

Anyone Familiar With Chartscript?
Oct 20, 2009

Is anyone familiar with Chartscript? Is it user-friendly? ...

ChartScript Question
Aug 11, 2010

Does anyone know how to adjust the settings on the footpedal in the ChartScript platform?  I'd like to have mine roll back a couple of words but have no clue where the settings are in ChartScript (I'm new to the program). Anyone who can help, TIA! ...

Chartscript.net Question
Nov 17, 2010

Not sure if anyone can help on this but figured it might be worth a shot. I am working on chartscript.net and it has some preloaded garbage in the abbreviation expander.  These are basically global expansions and I am wondering if there is any way to delete them.  I can add my own expansions and edit and delete those with no problem but have not been able to figure out a way to either turn them off, delete them, or whatever.  If anyone has had this situation and can give me a sugg ...

ChartScript And CS.net - Are These The Same Thing?
May 06, 2011

What exactly is the difference, if any?  Is this a transcription-based platform or a voice-recognition type?  Company only states cs.net as platform. ...

Chartscript Platform 7
May 03, 2012

Does anyne have experience with Chartscript 7.  The facility for which I do transcription is having a big change-over to Chartscript 7, and I am nervous about it as I had a stroke and use Dragon to work (which is not fun), but I would like to ease my anxiety.  Thanks for any info ...

Chartscript At Keystrokes
Aug 19, 2012

Please give me your opinion of this program. Do you have to keep a separate log of every single job you do? Do you find it productive? Does Instant Text work well with it? Do you need to use your mouse with it or can you get by with all keyboard commands?   Thanks. ...

Using Shorthand With Chartscript
Jul 02, 2013

Hello to all :) I need help.  I use Shorthand Version 10 and just started working in Chartscript.  I access Chartscript through a virtual private network, Oracle VM Virtual Box. Shorthand won't work at all. I looked to see if there was a box to uncheck for the "Enable Protected Mode" issue, and there is no box there to uncheck (Tools, Internet Options, Security tab). I did also change SH to run in compatibility mode and when I restarted SH I was able to see my little yellow window ...

Anybody With Chartscript And Slow DSL?sm
Nov 20, 2014

Hospital I work for just went from Dictaphone to Chartscript. My DSL (Frontier) is old and slow. When too many people are using the DSL, the speed slows WAY down and the jobs don't save. Never had this problem with Dictaphone, so not sure whether it's the DSL or Chartscript. Anybody else have this particular problem? Thanks in advance ...

Does Anyone Work With Chartscript?
Mar 21, 2015

Does anyone work with Chartscript?   Precision has account that uses it -- any and all feedback appreciated! ...

BeyondTx Question: I Will Be Switching
Feb 24, 2010

to BeyondTx very soon, first straight, then VR.  I would like to become familiar with the platform before the install and training because it takes me awhile to "get it" with new platforms, etc.  I don't want to be thrown into it the day after training.  Is there a manual or something I could look at before this happens?  Thanks.   ...

So, One Of My Contracts Is Switching Over To VR Next Week.
Feb 27, 2011

:) ...

Local Area Switching To VR
Mar 13, 2012

I have always worked for local hospitals and doctor's offices.  I have never worked through a company, but with most of our local area switching to VR I am having to look to companies for work.  In our local area our transcriptionists usually are paid about 12 cents per line,  but I am noticing most companies pay is substantially lower as i saw an ad for Sten Tel paying only 5-6 cpl.   Could anyone tell me what the norm is for pay with companies?  Thanks for all help. ...

Switching To The New Program EBeyondTXT
Mar 19, 2013

With switching to the new program eBeyondTXT I am not noticing much difference from before with the old program.  It takes just as long to download a job and half the time I am getting the spinning circle showing the slowness of the program. The things that did change is the account I was working on is now an all edit account.  I also noticed that instead of 2 spaces between each sentence it is now only 1 space.  I was also wondering why the use of the bookmarks at the beginning and end of ...

Switching Between Computers/monitors
Oct 07, 2014

The name of the program is Synergy. ...

ChartScript.net Voice Files
May 25, 2010

Does anyone get a error like this in Chartscript.net?  "Voice file failed to load.  Object does not support this property or method."  I need help fixing it.  Thank you! ...

Chartscript Remove E Signature?
Jun 10, 2010

Does anyone know how to remove electronically affixed signature on Chartscript/Netlinc system?  TIA!     ...

Shorthand Compatibility With Chartscript.net
Jun 13, 2011

We recently started an account using Chartscript.net.  A lot of our MTs use Shorthand for their word expander.  Does anyone know how to make Shorthand work with Chartscript.net?  Or...does anyone know how to load your Shorthand entries into the Chartscript.net expander?  Thanks! ...